Did any other male fighter before take 9 months off to have a child?

Women work while pregnant. It's a bad excuse to avoid tough contenders.

are you implying connor is chickening out of the khabib fight for 9 months?

Either that or he's using this time to further leverage himself into the Floyd Mayweather fight. One things for sure though, he isn't at home tending to his pregnant wife while focusing on fatherhood and how it will change him as a man and everything.

The guy is posing for crotch shots half erect standing infront of private jets, he's flying into Vegas and driving around rented Lamborghini's, he's doing commercials and riding horses. Conor's is as much of a bullshit artist as Dana White is.

The second fight with Diaz had him doing almost no press until the final week or two.

This, also he was taken off 200 for refusing to do the commercial & the Vegas presser.

But Conor does work hard & fought a lot.
Him taking time off is fine

Conor had one of the busiest runs in the history of the sport. His wins and his promotion during the time are literally second to none. He has been the hardest working fighter in MMA for the last 4 years so why don't we give him a break?

Hell, the guy takes fights even when people pull out last second. That is also impressive.

<TrumpWrong1>

Yeah fuck the most active main event fighter by far taking off a few months and only fighting 2-3 times this year instead of 1-2 like everybody else.

This, also he was taken off 200 for refusing to do the commercial & the Vegas presser.

But Conor does work hard & fought a lot.
Him taking time off is fine

Oh I'm not disputing that he works hard. I don't even mind taking some time off within reason. But it just appears to be a very clear pattern here. He wins a belt, and immediately looks to go elsewhere. First it was an immediate move to 155 to challenge RDA. Then it was a rematch with Diaz. Now it's a potential fight with Floyd, or even a move to 170 to fight Woodley.

Then you have that whole thing in his Q&A PPV where he said all the UFC had to do was ask and he would have fought again before the baby was born. It's just becoming silly at this point. If he didn't ever intend to defend he should just vacate after he wins a belt, so it doesn't bottleneck the division for however long it takes to strip him.

I'm sure women all take off more than 9 months. I don't think any commission would even consider letting a woman fight with a positive pregnancy test.
I was talking about people working in general.

I'm sure many have. Its just there name isn't the biggest name in the sport.

Chicks take 9 months

Connor also takes 9 months?

WTF, is he the one carrying the baby? 9 fucking months?

I took my laptop to the hospital to work from there when my second daughter was born. 3 days later I was back at the office.

Being a 100% time father sucks. We can do it for some days but come on... Connor is too alpha to stay at home changing diapers in the middle of his prime.

Hope he reconsiders and gets back to kick ass instead of cleaning it

I miss him

Connor bless

Fuck haters
lol!

hes the first fighter in UFC history who can afford to take 9 moths off

does your job involved getting your head punched in, you know, the sort of thing that might cause stress for the person carrying the baby..

Fuck this shit. My oldest sister was born while my dad was in the Pacific fighting the Japanese.

Back