Did any other male fighter before take 9 months off to have a child?

Its not about a kid. He didnt even know when kid was due (off by 2 months) hardly the kind of person concerned about being a dotting husband and father. It's about money. he lets it slip every public appearance when he says ari needs to call me. pay me what I'm worth etc.

He sorta has UFC over the barrel right now with interest due in loans IMG took out and he's trying to use it for contract renegotiations and more money.

Whether thats a good move or not remains to be seen. I'm more a "strike iron while it hot" type thinker because you never know what tomorrow holds. He could get hit by a truck and be disabled to UFC makes a new star to he falls out of fashion.

It's 2017 and gender is now a social construct so Conor could be the one having the baby. We need to challenge the sexist, misogynistic and patriarchal practice of women being the ones who carry children.

If any asshole thinks a pregnancy has ANYTHING to do with this. They are really stupid.

Forget the pregnancy angle. What about the " I fight every week ", angle ? The " Most active champion ", angle ?

What a lying sack of manure.

Im still patiently waiting for even ONE SINGLE example of a Zuffa - present champion staying with the promotion. And having three fights in a row, at two different weights. Than the division for which they held an UNDEFENDED belt for.

Where are they ? Who are they ?

NO ZUFFA CHAMPION EVER STAYED WITH THE PROMOTION. BUT, REFUSED TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO DEFEND.

The most fights ANY modern champion ever had outside their own division, was one in a row. And that's because the division had been cleaned out by the champion. Then right back to defending.

Three fights in a row. And two gifted TS at a different UFC weight class, they had never fought in ?

Even the Crickets know exactly how big of a fraud Conor is. Because this pregnancy shit is ALL Conor's decision. It has ZERO to do with the UFC selling it's soul to the Devil.

How many UFC champions. Have caused TWO INTERIM BELTS TO BE CREATED BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO DEFEND THEIR BELT ?

2...TWO INTERIM BELTS.

GETTING STRIPPED OF A BELT FOR REFUSING TO DEFEND.

Those fucking Crickets must be really proud to know. Conor is the ONLY Zuffa champion to ever be stripped for REFUSING TO DEFEND.

Biggest fraud in UFC history. Gutless, cowardly, dishonest, and a fuckin true blight, on EVERYTHING a true Martial Artist is supposed to be about.

There's been some real douche champs. But, all of them added together don't even begin to hold a candle to the fucking joke that McGregor is.

Worst thing to ever happen to the UFC...PERIOD !

I hope he gets this fraud exhibition. Because that ends his fucking mma career instantly. And that is the best thing that could happen right now.

The answer is probably "no", but Conor isn't taking 9 months off to have a child. That will be part of it, but the rest is anyone's friggin idea. Could be resting, avoiding dangerous opponents, taking time off from insane training, seeking out prostitutes, spending a shitload of money, learning to play classical guitar etc. Who the fuck knows?

He's in Las Vegas cheating on Dee and doing his best to avoid ufc contenders.

Yeah, he's so scared of contenders that he only destroys champions.
Haters wouldn't be haters if they could think.

Yeah, he's so scared of contenders that he only destroys champions.
Haters wouldn't be haters if they could think.

Put your head back in the sand. Conor has been a UFC champion for over 14 months, has fought 3x since beating Aldo and never once defended his titles.

Chicks take 9 months

Connor also takes 9 months?

WTF, is he the one carrying the baby? 9 fucking months?

I took my laptop to the hospital to work from there when my second daughter was born. 3 days later I was back at the office.

Being a 100% time father sucks. We can do it for some days but come on... Connor is too alpha to stay at home changing diapers in the middle of his prime.

Hope he reconsiders and gets back to kick ass instead of cleaning it

I miss him

Connor bless

Fuck haters

Thats a money issue IMO. If more fighters had the same amount of $ as McGregor it would be more common for sure. Up an coming figjters at 75/75 cant afford to let opportunity pass them by.

Fuck this shit. My oldest sister was born while my dad was in the Pacific fighting the Japanese.
My first was born while I was away for 10 month during OEF, I missed roughly half the pregnancy... Kudos to Mom and Pop for looking after the wife while I was gone.

Werdum took 7 or 8 months off after beating Cain, then got injured and had to take more time. Won it in June 2015, was booked for Feb 2016, postponed until May 2016 vs. Stipe.

I'm honestly more interested in the Khabib/Tony fight than I would be Conor/Khabib or Conor/Tony. I want a #1 contender, not someone who people will say was gifted a title shot if Conor beats them.

Last I checked Conor can do whatever he wants and doesn't have to ask anyone on here. He doesn't sit around telling you when to work or how long to take off for the birth of your kids. Idiots!

Conor had one of the busiest runs in the history of the sport. His wins and his promotion during the time are literally second to none. He has been the hardest working fighter in MMA for the last 4 years so why don't we give him a break?

Hell, the guy takes fights even when people pull out last second. That is also impressive.

LMAO...guys like Wanderlei would routinely fight 4-6 times a year in the early 2000s.

I'm sure hendricks took about 9 months to have fries. Is that close enough?

LMAO...guys like Wanderlei would routinely fight 4-6 times a year in the early 2000s.
but they fought a lot gimme fights where they were in no real danger aside from a lucky punch/submission.

Back