Did any other male fighter before take 9 months off to have a child?

Chicks take 9 months

Connor also takes 9 months?

WTF, is he the one carrying the baby? 9 fucking months?

I took my laptop to the hospital to work from there when my second daughter was born. 3 days later I was back at the office.

Being a 100% time father sucks. We can do it for some days but come on... Connor is too alpha to stay at home changing diapers in the middle of his prime.

Hope he reconsiders and gets back to kick ass instead of cleaning it

I miss him

Connor bless

Fuck haters
The hired help change the diapers while Conor trains, the hired help put baby to sleep at night while Conor promotes, the hired help cleans the house while Conor vacations to heal any nagging injuries, Conor laughs while his stock goes up to extreme proportions as the masses build anticipation for his return.

See quite brilliant really. Mistaking Conor as an average citizen is silly at this point.

Disclaimer: Not a McGregor Fan

Anyone who thinks Conor is taking time off because Dee is pregnant is very niave.

He's taking time off to show the UFC what their bottom line looks like without the 100's of millions he brings in...

Put your head back in the sand. Conor has been a UFC champion for over 14 months, has fought 3x since beating Aldo and never once defended his titles.

One of those times was winning a second belt, and that was supposed to be his first fight after Aldo.
Do Conor haters watch mma at all? Is bitching online all you guys do?

One of those times was winning a second belt, and that was supposed to be his first fight after Aldo.
Do Conor haters watch mma at all? Is bitching online all you guys do?

Now he has 1 belt, zero title defense, 100% healthy and sitting out.

Conor runs (from) the fight game

I think thats just your wishful thinking. You cant handle the thought of me not receiving karma because of my mindset. So you use that false dichotomy to make yourself feel better

False dichotomy. Youre full of fallacies. Actually i stopped dating once i went to college. ive done the friend with benefits thing plenty of times. Makes alot more sense if done correctly and safely. And no Ive never been "hurt" by a female, Im smart enough to prevent that from happening by not entering a traditional relationship and being secure with myself. We get it you rely on women to make you happy. Its unfortunate

Sorry because I thought you are older. If you do the normal way to the college, how old can you be? 20-22? You can´t even know what I´m talkin about. And it´s not your fault it´s only your age.
I´m 45 with a 27 year long relationship with my better half and I´m KNOWING VERY WELL what I´m talking about.

The good thing is: you have enough time to adjust your mindset.

Like someone said: a wise man can change his mind. A fool never will.

What kind of guy you are? Only time will tell...hoping for you, you´re not "fooling" around with a robot-pussy ;)

Can you imagine the backlash if someone like bisping did this?

Sorry because I thought you are older. If you do the normal way to the college, how old can you be? 20-22? You can´t even know what I´m talkin about. And it´s not your fault it´s only your age.
I´m 45 with a 27 year long relationship with my better half and I´m KNOWING VERY WELL what I´m talking about.

The good thing is: you have enough time to adjust your mindset.

Like someone said: a wise man can change his mind. A fool never will.

What kind of guy you are? Only time will tell...hoping for you, you´re not "fooling" around with a robot-pussy ;)
Where are you from?

Oh I'm not disputing that he works hard. I don't even mind taking some time off within reason. But it just appears to be a very clear pattern here. He wins a belt, and immediately looks to go elsewhere. First it was an immediate move to 155 to challenge RDA. Then it was a rematch with Diaz. Now it's a potential fight with Floyd, or even a move to 170 to fight Woodley.

Then you have that whole thing in his Q&A PPV where he said all the UFC had to do was ask and he would have fought again before the baby was born. It's just becoming silly at this point. If he didn't ever intend to defend he should just vacate after he wins a belt, so it doesn't bottleneck the division for however long it takes to strip him.
Looks to go elsewhere? Why tell half stories?
He KOd the P4P champ in 13 seconds and then wanted the next weight champ. He said he wanted that fight long BEFORE he became the FW champ.
He wanted the Diaz rematch to avenge a loss for a fight he took on short notice. A loss that would have hurt his future selling power if he hadn't fixed it. He's not doing this stuff for no reason.

I don't know why people find the "the UFC just could have asked" story so implausible. We're talking about Dana and the UFC here, not some professional, well oiled machine.
Conor and the UFC had abysmal communication leading up to UFC 200. They didmt even know he wasnt coming to the press conference. Communication was so bad hat they took him off the card. That was both of their faults.
Dana has also repeatedly said he doesn't know what Conor will do in regards to defending his belts. How does the president of the company not know this? How has he not had conversations with Conor on this? He said that he hasn't even talked to Conor lately, which makes no sense considering Conor is in Vegas, and that there is an interim belt for his weight class on the line next week. Fighters routinely find out who they're fighting on Twitter, or some other news site beforeactual negotiations take place.
I don't know if Conor would have taken a match to defend, but i can completely believe that the UFC never tried to get into formal negotiations with him on it.
Look at the bullshit they did between Khabib, Conor, and Alvarez...and then tried to do with Khabib, Aldo, and Tony in regards to contracts.

Also, the haters seem to not understand the difference between 'want' and 'need'. Conor doesn't need to work. He also doesn't need to take time off. He WANTS to.
Comparing him to any other normal person is retarded. If i could afford to take 9 months off of work to get ready for my first kid, i would. The vast majority of fighters are no where near in the position that Conor is. A lot of them damn sure would love to be though

Back