Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

ThulsaDuuude - Come back! Mayhem IB is frigging FUN man. IMO Mayhem is the way Crucible should be all the time. Supers, supers, supers, heavy, heavy, heavy. So much fun....

Was too busy all weekend to get any games in :( I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the next one. I hope they bring Mayhem back for D2.

why do they need skirmish and elimination? Wasn't elimination just made to keep ppl playing 3v3 until they got Trials ready for TTK?

2 days until the Destiny 2 gameplay reveal stream

Destiny-2-Invite-3.jpg

they actually going to show gameplay or have a fashion show

they actually going to show gameplay or have a fashion show
There'll be game play. They're even letting some of the bigger content creators live stream there own broadcasts.

There'll be game play. They're even letting some of the bigger content creators live stream there own broadcasts.

Source? I had heard something a bit different but I realize that things change pretty rapidly. Last I had heard was it was going to be "very controlled."

Stoked for the reveal. Come on Bungie, don't fuck this up. Blow our minds.

I've heard rumors of 60fps for all versions and possible cross platform characters/save games. I'll double dip so hard if I can carry my gear and characters back and forth from PC to PS4. Take all this with a grain of salt though.

Source? I had heard something a bit different but I realize that things change pretty rapidly. Last I had heard was it was going to be "very controlled."

https://www.vg247.com/2017/05/02/de...rsions-attendees-will-be-able-to-go-hands-on/
Bungie is hosting a big Destiny 2 event in just over two weeks to reveal the first gameplay footage and much more.

It will be hosted in L.A., and thanks to YouTuber SkillUp, we now know a bunch of new details about the event itself. The YouTuber posted information from the invite he received on Reddit, and his post includes a couple of interesting bits of news.

First, the PC version of the game will be shown alongside the PS4 version. This is good news for fans PC who were hoping they won’t have to wait until release to learn about this version. Seeing as how many developers mess up the PC version of their games on regular basis, it’s good to see Bungie being confident enough about its first PC game.

The show will kick off at 10am Pacific with a keynote, which is likely when the livestream will also begin for the rest of us. SkillUp noted that many other YouTubers have been invited, and Bungie has not put any capture restrictions in place.

Though this point is not discussed at length, the post says guests will be able to capture what they please from the demo, which means we’ll be seeing plenty of footage online in the days to follow. It’s also great to hear that both versions will be available to play at the event.

VG247 will be there to bring you everything we can from the show. Expect written and video coverage to last you until the beta.

The Destiny 2 gameplay reveal is scheduled for Thursday, May 18.

I think I was wrong about them getting to live stream it but rather they're being allowed to capture their own gameplay/footage.

What they're going to let someone do will depend on how big they are in the community too. Someone like Mr. Fruit will get away with more than random Twitch streamer A that averages 60 viewers but has a sub button.

Last edited:
why do they need skirmish and elimination? Wasn't elimination just made to keep ppl playing 3v3 until they got Trials ready for TTK?
Elim is the most popular game type for PvP. Imo at least since all I play is crucible

Won't be able to watch the live stream tomorrow, hope this lives up to expectations.

If anyone can link the Youtube link after the stream is up, I would appreciate it.
Stuck at work.

Here's a thread for it
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/destiny-2-reveal-today.3532827/

To each their own, but I feel I get a better grasp of what is actually going on by watching it later in the day after it has been edited by a YouTuber. Personally I really love the way Holtzman does his videos and he's very good at getting to the meat and potatoes of the content very quickly. He also won't pull any punches and he will tell it like it is. Same goes for Datto and TeftyTeft.

As for the actual stream won't it just be on Twitch? Or are you looking for a re-broadcast on YouTube?

Dude I don't care either way. I just want to know as much as possible, as soon as possible.

Not a good sign... the damned Twitch stream before it all starts is lagging. LMAO guess I wouldn't expect anything else. haha

-All PvP will be 4 x 4
-Looks like matchmaking for Trials, Raids, and everything else : EDIT not true, this is explained further down in "guided games."
-Looks like a new "shield" sub class like Captain America and his shield
-Cabal's "Red Legion" attacks the tower, Demo is fighting back the assault
-Looks like you can shoot out of your own bubble
-Mini-Gun!!!!!!!
-Brute-Shot from Halo
-Looks like a sword super, or maybe a subclass ability
-GARY!
-Gary is actually called "Dominus Gaul" and he and his Red Legion believes they are supposed to get the power of the Traveler and they are pissed that the Traveler gave us its power instead.
-Cabal have "trapped" the Traveler and the Guardians have lost their light. Zavala goes crazy, Ikora flees, and Cayde goes hunting.
-New weapon slots : kinetic, energy, and power
-New sub-classes : Titan is an Arc Captain America, Warlock is solar flying sword which shoots projectiles, and Hunter is ArcStrider... very similar to BladeDancer but with a staff instead.

-"Red War" campaign, all over the solar system, lots of cinematics, into Red Legion territory and some Vex strongholds, new raid
-Crucible : more info in HUD (opponent has super, ammo, etc), new maps, new modes, Countdown --> "Attack/Defend" mode
-General : can launch all activities without going to orbit, public events with Heroic objectives
"Lost Sectors" --> get sent here on missions to get kill a boss, get loot
New map with "lost Sectors" marked

Earth, Titan, Nessus, IO
-Need to gather the Vanguard and bring it back together, get more powerful
-European Dead Zone (largest destination), where Humanity is making a stand

Clans suport in game : custom banners, some kind of reward-sharing system
--> "Guided Games --> looks like a system of Clans and match-making to fill the roster... so if you need someone it looks like Destiny 2 will fill that void from the "guided game" roster or something like that.

Destiny 2 will be on Pc through Blizzard's "BattleNet"

Overall the game play footage they showed looked crisp and pretty similar, so it should be a pretty smooth transition. I'm curious how the game will look on Xbone as they are only showing the PS4 Pro 4k version... as long as we don't have 30 second lag times when trying to open a menu I'll be happy.

-Looks like an open BETA this summer.

Last edited:
They're bringing clans into the game.

I'm about halfway through the stream and I'm sufficiently hyped now.

The crucible going to 4v4 is mildy concerning. I wonder if they'll make the maps smaller to compensate for a fewer players.

Last edited:
Back