Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

I'm about halfway through the stream and I'm sufficiently hyped now.

The crucible going to 4v4 is mildy concerning. I wonder if they'll make the maps smaller to compensate for a fewer players.
there's a few maps that need to be smaller in D1 but shrinking down ones like Twilight Gap, Anomaly, or Asylum would be too much. I wonder if they are going 4x4 due to the amount of time it's taken to get 6x6 matches started this last IB I probably had more 5x5 or 5x6 then I did 6x6.

I am sold as well. Agree with allowing loot and levels to go cross platform. I am already heavily leaning on double dipping with PS4 and PC. That would be the cherry on the cake!

I'm really hoping they do a better job of working the storytelling and lore into the game this time around. That is basically my only criticism of what was otherwise a pretty excellent game. The whole grimoire system was suboptimal imo. The lore of destiny is actually really amazing, but so few people even know about it because you had to exit the game and read grimoire cards on a different website.

I got a chuckle out of their early talk of how toxic game communities can become and then later revealing the connection with Battlenet. Every Blizzard community I've been apart of has leaned heavily to the toxic side.

I noticed from the gameplay I've been watching that warlock has a buff field as their third ability, titan a deployable barrier, and hunter has... shadestep? I hope that the third abilities are subclass-specific and hunter isn't shafted out of support. That might have some implications for pve depending on how tight the encounters are.

Also this warlock healing rift is hilarious in pvp, this guy in rikwebbs pvp video just facetanks an autorifle at one point

Last edited:
About to see a lot less Titan mains in pvp then.

comes and goes. titans were the red headed step children for the longest time when it came to pvp.

Until guys like AEGabriel went ham skating around in trials with a shotgun. That dude could get behind teams in contested lanes on most maps before the other team could even get to the lane.

Until guys like AEGabriel went ham skating around in trials with a shotgun. That dude could get behind teams in contested lanes on most maps before the other team could even get to the lane.
As soon as the nerfed blink the first, or second(of the 8 times), Titans became pretty popular and seemed to get even more popular as the game went on and meta's decayed into what we currently have.

So snipers, shotguns, and fusion rifles are heavys now?

As soon as the nerfed blink the first, or second(of the 8 times), Titans became pretty popular and seemed to get even more popular as the game went on and meta's decayed into what we currently have.
I think the worst of it was when guys were charging lanes with juggernaut and universal remote. What a shit show

Once the passive game of blade dancers started getting nerfed and firebolts/viking funeral got nerfed titan really started taking off. At least in trials

pfffft trials can eat a dick the game would be better off with out it. I'm actually trying to think of a way that it has helped improve the game and I can't. All I know that it has done is lead to nerfs and cheaters trials lead to idiotic metas and it effects the whole pvp landscape and that spills over into pve when the nerfs come. If 6v6 had a weekly event with event specific loot just as much ppl would be doing it instead there's only a monthly event with shitty gear.

pfffft trials can eat a dick the game would be better off with out it. I'm actually trying to think of a way that it has helped improve the game and I can't. All I know that it has done is lead to nerfs and cheaters trials lead to idiotic metas and it effects the whole pvp landscape and that spills over into pve when the nerfs come. If 6v6 had a weekly event with event specific loot just as much ppl would be doing it instead there's only a monthly event with shitty gear.
Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not popular. Them announcing it coming back was a big deal and was well recieved. If you're a casual player I can see why you wouldn't like it, bc it takes time.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not popular. Them announcing it coming back was a big deal and was well recieved. If you're a casual player I can see why you wouldn't like it, bc it takes time.
casual player sure

do the ppl at bungie intentionally do shit to troll / pissoff players? How the fuck is the small bore perk even feasible less rnds in the magazine with slower reloads how is that possible?

do the ppl at bungie intentionally do shit to troll / pissoff players? How the fuck is the small bore perk even feasible less rnds in the magazine with slower reloads how is that possible?

"Guardians, we've heard your concerns and really taken your feedback to heart. We here at Bungie Headquarters will be watching closely and crunching the numbers to see just how worthless that perk truly is. When the Darkness is beaten back by the Light, we will further nerf it rendering it utterly useless because one of our PVP designers hates you, your children and your entire family. You want features and improvements and we will be listening but ultimately ignoring all of that feedback. Happy hunting, Guardians. May the Light be with you."

Back