Derrick Lewis On Why He’s Pulling For Francis To Beat Stipe

I wasn't counting WMMA because its WMMA and last time I checked there are no "brothers" in WMMA

I don't understand that reasoning. Wanting a certain fighter as champion because of his skin color is stupid

I liken it to backing a fighter because they're also from your home town. He didn't really make a thing out of it either, that's been done by the easily offended people ITT.

sKQY1zD.gif
GOAT gif

You also like Conor and hate DC's commentary, Woodley and Jon Jones because everyone says he's GOAT and you think he's a cheater because....well, you're white
Or because he takes steroids maybe? You dumb fuck

Seems silly. Can't imagine myself saying in an interview seen by thousands "I hope Sage rises to the top for the good of white people". Would want somebody to give me a slap.

The reporter looked disappointed when he mentioned Rhonda at the end. I guess she was hoping to get some Black Beast in her later on

Seems silly. Can't imagine myself saying in an interview seen by thousands "I hope Sage rises to the top for the good of white people". Would want somebody to give me a slap.

Saying it is silly, but there are certainly a lot of people that think like that. People like what they relate to and they like it even more if the person that represents them is a minority (as in literal minority, not just brown) in the field to root for.

E.g. Imagine if there was an American white guy that came out of nowhere and was a genuine contender to win the 100m final at the Olympics. I'm pretty sure that guy would have a bigger backing than any other sprinter and white Americans would back him more than his black counterpart. Completely understandable, IMO.

Same thing happened with Asians and Jeremy Lin.

Saying it is silly, but there are certainly a lot of people that think like that. People like what they relate to and they like it even more if the person that represents them is a minority (as in literal minority, not just brown) in the field to root for.

E.g. Imagine if there was an American white guy that came out of nowhere and was a genuine contender to win the 100m final at the Olympics. I'm pretty sure that guy would have a bigger backing than any other sprinter and white Americans would back him more than his black counterpart. Completely understandable, IMO.

Same thing happened with Asians and Jeremy Lin.

Well I get it if you're under-represented and rooting for somebody like Jeremy Lin or a white 100m sprinter but this is a black fighter in the UFC. It's not rare. Even less rare in combat sports in general. Just think it makes people look daft if they're rooting for somebody based on skin colour. Even more so if they announce it publicly! Same applies for the many many people that rooted for Conor because he was white or the opposite because Mayweather was black.

Well I get it if you're under-represented and rooting for somebody like Jeremy Lin or a white 100m sprinter but this is a black fighter in the UFC. It's not rare. Even less rare in combat sports in general. Just think it makes people look daft if they're rooting for somebody based on skin colour. Even more so if they announce it publicly! Same applies for the many many people that rooted for Conor because he was white or the opposite because Mayweather was black.

Yeah, I agree. I did mean specifically at HW though as there hasn't been a black champ in 18 years. That's actually quite surprising. As you said, black people aren't rare in combat sports and there are some huge black people in America especially, so you'd think there would have been more at HW.

On the other side of the saying it in public argument, Sherdog loved it when Rampage said this:

'I want Stipe to stay champ coz he's, you know, white.'
What a stupid, racist thing to say, but it's ok if a black guy says it about a black guy.
Derrick never said that about Francis it's what u assume

Inb4 a bunch of beta cucks say "if he was white and he said that in support of a white champion"

You mean non-brainwashed types with IQs over 60 who can still spot a double standard?

He's a dolt but first amendment and co. Funny is if someone else was making the same type of comments, the backlash...

Tbh I don't care cuz Lewis know himself he won't touch the belt so he lives trough others.

The reporter looked disappointed when he mentioned Rhonda at the end. I guess she was hoping to get some Black Beast in her later on
I can't tell if Derrick is serious about that Ronda thing or not. It's like an inside joke or something and I keep waiting for him to crack up.

Can't believe people hating on Lewis for being honest. You know damn well lots of white guys want a white guy holding the title (remember when most of the champs were brazilian and people bitching about how nationalistic they were?) yet they'll just say "Oh I want a guy who is hard working and not a thug" or some such dog whistle bulllshit.

Sherdog gonna Sherdog I guess.

Fedor was phenomenal but I'm not giving any Russian athlete the benefit of the doubt on PEDs, especially when their performance drops off significantly at a relatively young age for HW once they start being tested.

Actually Fedor declined just at the age you would expect a clean fighter should start to decline.

That's fine. I want Stipe to win because he's WHITE!

Infact, I want Whites to reclaim ALL 8 title belts.

WHITE PRIDE!

The majority don’t consider The Hit & Run bandit the GOAT anymore.

<FookIsThatGuy>

<GSPWoah>

<Fedor23>

He was GOAT contender with his WW credentials alone.

The other 2 contenders for GOAT got popped MULTIPLE times each for cheating.

Add that GSP won a belt in a 2nd weight class and the others didnt and hes avenged all his loses.

0 arguments can be made for anyone else, only opinions.

Back