DC comments on the loss.

• Thread starter Significance Deficit
  • Start date
Very very interesting....As a fan of his that wanted him to win both times, I was curious about what tone he would take, and whether he would "accept" Jones.

And he didn't.

I was curious if he would come out and straight up say something like, "Jon, this 'rivalry' of ours have made us better, and it truly took someone like you to raise me to a new level."

Instead, he refers to Jones in the third-person the entire time - congratulating "Jones and his team." Notice how he never speaks directly to Jones, nothing even simple as, "Jon, congrats," or "you're truly a great fighter." No, it's more past tense/third person/impersonal approach: "I want to congratulate team Jones." Hell, he even spoke to Big John DIRECTLY.

This is not a criticism on DC, but more of my backhanded way to tell the dumbasses out there that the severe disdain he had for Jones was not MANUFACTURED.

DC is a fucking savage. I'll always be a fan, but

haters-gonna-hate-snow-white.gif

So much respect for DC. I know he´s hurting so badly right now. Fuck the haters. I feel this message is a bit on the surface, like he´s saying what he wants to say or almost ignoring his pain, of course thats alot to say from a mere instagram post, but it definitely has a chance of being true. That he´s hurting and this pain is almost numb right now for him, so the best way to avoid the pain is by doing this. But of course he´s a class act. I hope he´ll come to terms with how it is and not be obsessed and depressed by this. The man gave it his everything. I think he´ll be back although this almost sounds like a thank you and goodbye message.

But he´ll be back once he has healed. Perhaps he won´t be filled with the pursuit of beating JBJ now, this could be a fresh start for him rather than an end. I think this time will be good for him in the end once he has healed not only physically but mentally if this rivalry really is over now for him in his mind.

We could see a stronger DC than ever, even stronger than for this fight.

Anyway I dont care for all these losers and haters making memes on him - he´s such a good man and upstanding and upright warrior. JBJ is back stronger than ever, and DC was better than ever and for both I hope this will be a new great start. And who knows - If JBJ goes to heavyweight and so does DC, perhaps there´ll be a fight there one day. But for now I think DC is going to focus on himself and heal up and let go of what has filled him the past years, and become an even stronger version of himself. Because win or lose, it ends tonight - thats how it was yesterday. That was THE fight of his life. And now its over. Now is a new beginning.

To all the people calling bs on what i just said - you´ve never been in a situation like this if you dont get what I mean.

Last edited:
Cormier doesn't deserve to be mocked for putting his health on the line and then baring his soul in front of millions of people.

I despise that this face is being made fun of, call me over dramatic I don't care. That was hard to watch.

How is it hard to watch!?

Thank god i didn't grow up in whatever soft household you did.

Ronda should take notes.

D.C. Has nothing to be ashamed of, he went out and fought and ended up on his shield. We can all make fun of him crying and such but that won't change the fact he already cemented somewhat of a legacy in MMA. Good for him and maybe now the hatchet is finally buried. (Doubt it though, if they are ever matched up again, he get savaged by Jones at any presser.)

Cormier doesn't deserve to be mocked for putting his health on the line and then baring his soul in front of millions of people.

I despise that this face is being made fun of, call me over dramatic I don't care. That was hard to watch.

<mma1>

Awesome response, and I really do hope him and Jones bury the hatchet, and actually do become friends. Kind of like a mentoring type of realtionship. Help Jones become a better fighter, and maybe even join his training camps, once in a while. Of course, when he's fully retired. Also, give him words of wisdom to keep his nose clean (no pun intended).

Very very interesting....As a fan of his that wanted him to win both times, I was curious about what tone he would take, and whether he would "accept" Jones.

And he didn't.

I was curious if he would come out and straight up say something like, "Jon, this 'rivalry' of ours have made us better, and it truly took someone like you to raise me to a new level."

Instead, he refers to Jones in the third-person the entire time - congratulating "Jones and his team." Notice how he never speaks directly to Jones, nothing even simple as, "Jon, congrats," or "you're truly a great fighter." No, it's more past tense/third person/impersonal approach: "I want to congratulate team Jones." Hell, he even spoke to Big John DIRECTLY.

This is not a criticism on DC, but more of my backhanded way to tell the dumbasses out there that the severe disdain he had for Jones was not MANUFACTURED.

I would've preferred him to take an approach like that, and acknowledge Jones as a person. I'm a schmuck for these rivalry stories in sports, and it's goose-bump provoking when two competitors, who really and truly competed out of hate and tried to take each others head off, come out on the other side of the rivalry as "friends". Ali and Frazier, Magic and Bird etc. But there's still time for that, and even if DC never gets there, that's fine too. He still seems to take the loss as a man.

And he didn't.

I completely feel you on this post. It would be awesome if they came out of this as friends, and genuinely buried the hatchet, and even possibly become training partners, and camp mates on occasion? That would be amazing. How much each could learn from either guy. Their games would reach the highest level.

I would've preferred him to take an approach like that, and acknowledge Jones as a person. I'm a schmuck for these rivalry stories in sports, and it's goose-bump provoking when two competitors, who really and truly competed out of hate and tried to take each others head off, come out on the other side of the rivalry as "friends". Ali and Frazier, Magic and Bird etc. But there's still time for that, and even if DC never gets there, that's fine too. He still seems to take the loss as a man.

Completely agree with this post. Well said.

Jones did say he was going to make him cry again....

Seems like he's doing ok. Great to hear this.
Well now that he saw the replay he knows he was out cold. What else are you going to say. I wasn't knocked out I just needed a nap in the middle of the round.
He's team told him he just got knocked the fu€k out.

Back