Media Daniel Cormier: "I love what Jones is doing" in trying to duck Aspinall

Did hell freeze over?! Is Fatso complimenting Jon without a single tear in his bulging eyes?
I wouldn't call this a compliment

Hes basically saying Jones Is scared to fight Tom in a nice way.

But this isn't about Tom's skillset, it has everything to do with the right match-up that will actually get his dick hard, as Matt brown put it.

Jones has bad mediocre performances, relative to his potential. OSP, Smith, Santos, Reyes.

DC himself said that Jones looked like he was going through the motions during some of his fights at LHW. So did Smith and Rashad.

I think he should understand that Jones wants a fight that actually gets his blood pumping, that gets him up running in the morning with a fire in his stomach.

After Reyes, I think Jones made the decision that he wasn't just gonna fight anyone anymore. He needed something that got him fired up. Which was the reason for moving to HW to begin with.

This is common in fighters whove been around a long time, they're almost always looking for the "right fight"

All due respect to Tom, he isn't that guy. There's nothing really interesting about him with which to build a fight. He's good and well rounded but not really exceptional anywhere. There's no real accolades in fighting him, Jones likely takes a substantial pay cut because the fight wouldn't sell as well to the general audience.

Versus fighting the LHW champion in a champion vs champion bout. Against someone who has some serious hype behind him and is even being mentioned in the all time great categories. The payday would be massive, the hype of the event would be massive.

These are all things that get you fired up. Especially in what could be the last fight of your career.

I think the idea that this is about Aspinall's skill is greatly misguided. He doesn't bring anything to the table that Jones hasn't faced already.

It's about having an intriguing opponent that fires him up, that you can create a massive fight with and also, garners a massive payday. All important factors in choosing an opponent.

I think if this was anyone else, fans would be understanding. But it's jones, people are heavily influenced by the dislike of him because of his outside the cage antics. Any opinion that frames him in the worst possible light is what people will go with, even if they're not aware of it.

Last edited:
I dont get the UFC. Jon Jones might be a bigger star but he has 1 or 2 fights left. Whats the point in holding a potential future star back in order to push a guy that will be gone in a year?

Oh look, another awful post from you. Pure revisionist history. DC was already the heavyweight champion by the time Jones came back and fought Gus. You just aren't capable of being honest when it comes to fighters you like, are you?
It is now pure revisionist history and dishonesty to point out that DC was also still the reigning LHW champion at this time and therefore should've also been defending against Jon or Gus.

Okay there pal.

Dual champion means dual defences too. DC wouldn't come back and defend at LHW against Jones or Gus even though they were his next LHW defences so the UFC stripped him and had them fight for DC's now vacant title.

This happened. Stay mad.

90% of you must be autistic. Cormier is insulting him, not complimenting him.

All this communication around “Aspinal is not a star, I want to fight a legend” is a lie.

He chose to fight Gane even though Gane is not a star at all nor a legend

I don't give a damn about what's smart for the fighter. I watch for the sport. I get that the fighters want what's easiest for them, but I don't want to hear that shit.

It’s about time someone in the media called this waddling, quacking duck out for the coward he really is. But of course DC didn’t use those exact words. But it’s clearly implied.

The biggest joke in mma history, and it’s not even close.
The guy who people, including fighters, think is the goat is a waddling, qucking duck. Only on Sherdog.

i normally like DC and defend him from the haters, but... he 'loves what he's doing' by ducking the contenders in his own division?? a bad look there, DC.

I honestly don't think Jones thinks that deep about it on a skill level.

Jones looks at names that will make the most $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, period.

Best thing Tom could do right now is get a title fight booked, blitz the guy, and in the post fight interview just rag the living shit out of Jones to the point Jones gets questions asked about Tom nonstop in everywhere he goes.

DC calling Jon out for desperately clinging to a fight against a 45 and a half year old Stipe. Stipe hasn’t fought in over 3 years, looked horrible in his last fight, and was brutually concussed & knocked out. Jon and the UFC want Stipe instead of a unification fight against Tom.

(Swipe left for video)

jon-jones-dc.gif

DC calling Jon out for desperately clinging to a fight against a 45 and a half year old Stipe. Stipe hasn’t fought in over 3 years, looked horrible in his last fight, and was brutually concussed & knocked out. Jon and the UFC want Stipe instead of a unification fight against Tom.

(Swipe left for video)

DC will start calling the Jones-Stipe fight the "greatest HW fight ever" when it's fully announced, because he's a good company man

<DCrying>

I don't read that as a call out at all, sounds like DC is just saying he gets it. But, I understand with the Jones feelings around here why someone would think that's a callout.

Edit, I need to pay more attention to OP names on my first pass. this makes total sense now lol.

Back