News Dana White says they’re yet to decide the UFC 300 main-event

Main event gonna be Leon vs GOATlal, it's obvious

I guess hes waiting if the guy from target or starbucks will sign the $2k contract to main event. Eat shit Dana...

He probably knows Leon vs Belal is the fight to make and lines up perfect with 300 but he doesnt want that

Dana could be shitting on someone’s face in order to entice Brock back. Worked for Vince?
dana-white-shaka.gif

Main events in order of likelihood

1. DDP/Izzy
2. Pereira/Izzy 3 at LHW
3. DDP/Khamzat (subject to whether Khamzat's actually allowed in the U.S.)
4. Conor/Chandler (lots of Dana phone calls to the drug testing bodies)
5. Pereira/Ankalaev
6. Edwards/Muhammad
6. Aspinall/Gane

Can't think of anything else

Why can't Khamzat come to the USA ?

Out of these it shouls be DDP or Pereira. Conor can't make it ? Izzy is still hurt ?

So DDP vs Alex. Or Alex vs Hill. Something like that

Conor Chandler would've been perfect but Conors probably not ready.

Second best thing would be DDP vs Izzy

I guess Co main will be Leon, fits the timeline.

Aspinal Gane would be huge value. A HW fight. There's no HW fights on 300

How many fights will there be, 12-13 ?

It's like all the fights are good but none is wow yet, besides Max Gaethje. Second best fight is Rakic Jiri.

Just add in Aspinal for a HW bout.
MW or LHW title bout. And Leon co main. Then it will be a elite card top to bottom to make up for no outstamding super star main event.

In other words, they are struggling and don't have one.

Brock getting cancelled by WWE then Dana snapping him up for UFC 300 would be so on brand right now

I threw this out there yesterday, but didn't really explain my thoughts so was prolly taken as a troll, but I think I'm kind of serious here

---------------------------------

Assuming there is no Conor, Brock, Ronda megastar type fight who could realistically headline 300...

I don't think Alex Pereira has enough star power to carry 300 by himself. He needs a dance partner like an Izzy or maybe an Aspinall, but Izzy/AP is kinda played out and Aspinall isn't a huge name.

We have the same problem trying to sneak Izzy into the main. Not really deserved at 205 and even at 185, DDP is not really the megastar dance partner you want, despite the little rivalry.

Almost every 'deserved' fight they have is intriguing, but not really enough star power to carry 300.

So, my thought is -

What about Izzy vs Khamzat for an INAUGURAL 175 title?

Then co-main it with Belal vs Leon at 165?

You get the star power matchup you want. You get a legit belt on the line. You get another belt and division to spread more title fights around the year. You get more Champ vs Champ possibilities. You get to get Belal vs Leon done in a big spot without having to feature them. You get the unexpected holy shit shock announcement.

I know Dana has said he would never split the WW division but [insert video of Dana talking about WMMA never coming to UFC].

I threw this out there yesterday, but didn't really explain my thoughts so was prolly taken as a troll, but I think I'm kind of serious here

Assuming there is no Conor, Brock, Ronda megastar type fight who could realistically headline 300...

I don't think Alex Pereira has enough star power to carry 300 by himself. He needs a dance partner like an Izzy or maybe an Aspinall, but Izzy/AP is kinda played out and Aspinall isn't a huge name.

We have the same problem trying to sneak Izzy into the main. Not really deserved at 205 and even at 185, DDP is not really the megastar dance partner you want, despite the little rivalry.

Almost every 'deserved' fight they have is intriguing, but not really enough star power to carry 300.

So, my thought is -

What about Izzy vs Khamzat for an INAUGURAL 175 title?

Then co-main it with Belal vs Leon at 165?

You get the star power matchup you want. You get a legit belt on the line. You get another belt and division to spread more title fights around the year. You get more Champ vs Champ possibilities. You get to get Belal vs Leon done in a big spot without having to feature them. You get the unexpected holy shit shock announcement.

I know Dana has said he would never split the WW division but [insert video of Dana talking about WMMA never coming to UFC].

Nevermind I typed all this bullshit and I already hate my own idea because, although I think Izzy + Khamzat could both make 175, I don't think the UFC would be willing to bank 300 on Khamzat making championship weight.

But I do think splitting the division could be an ace up their sleeve

even through i crap on Khabib's record i still think him vs GSP is the biggest fight they could ever possibly do. It's a shame Khabib still young GSP always in amazing shape. Why not just fight?

In other words, they are struggling and don't have one.
I can see Sean vs Dricus, do you think there will be extra time for contract / payout stuff because of how unorthodox the rematch would be (no title defence by prior holder)? There's certainly audience demand for it.

I just don't see how they snuff out the marketing momentum Sean/Dricus gathered so far.

even through i crap on Khabib's record i still think him vs GSP is the biggest fight they could ever possibly do. It's a shame Khabib still young GSP always in amazing shape. Why not just fight?
because they're retired and not fighters anymore. pretty plain reason.

I am pretty sure the main event will be Adesanya vs Dricus.

Pereira vs Ankalaev also quite possible as co-main.
OR
Pereira vs Strickland II if Sean is OK fighting at 205lbs (he may, he may not).

If for some reason Adesanya doesn't say "yes" then I think Dricus vs Strickland II as the main event is also a good possibility.

Either way I want 2 more absolutely banging mens fights on the main card.

Back