Media Dana White Set to OFFICIALLY Announce UFC 300 Main Event at UFC 298 Post-Fight Press Conference

A few weeks later “Main event will be revealed at UFC 299…” A few weeks later Dana does a press conference, “Ladies and goofs, the UFC 300 event will be revealed at UFC 300!!! You heard that right, it is so big and bad ass, we will keep it under wraps till that event, so you better order it now!
That would be the most Dana white move ever.

Announcing at a post fight presser late at night on a weekend reeks of the smell of a rematch only 1 person wants and I can’t even remember his name because all of his fights are boring…

This is like that episode of the office where Michael tells everyone he has a big surprise for them, and then spends the entire episode trying to figure out what the surprise could possibly be. I don't think Dana knows what UFC 300 main event is, and was originally hoping the BMF fight would make people happy (like the ice cream sandwiches)

"Holloway vs. Gaethje bumped to official main event. And you guys are going to lose your minds when I tell you what the new co-main event will be!"

At this point I'd say something like Makhachev vs Leon Edwards for the 170lb title.

Unless UFC abandons it's usual requirement for a big PPV that the Main event needs to be a title-fight, then I think Makhachev vs Edwards at 170lbs would be good. Possible double-champ status for Islam, it'd appeal to Edwards as he'd be a superhero if he beats Makhachev (ok at his own weight class, sure), it's a title-fight which makes UFC happy, and Edwards I am SURE has been ready and willing to fight at UFC300.

It'll also be 6months since Makha last fought and that's typically his fight cadence, more or less. AFAIK he is uninjured and he is a big name and UFC probably enticed him with the "DOUBLE CHAMP" pitch plus of course mega-millions of dollars.

Either THAT or .... Pereira vs someone at 205lbs.

I don't see any other options unless it's something BIZARRE like GSP returning or goddamn f'ing Rousey (God please not that) or something totally out of left-field like Masvidal unretiring (nah!).

It had better be something special or he’s going to look pretty foolish

I believe if Volk has an "easy" win then he will throw himself in the 300 event. It would be something crazy like moving down to 135.

032523-Donald-Cerrone-Hall-Of-Fame-Thumb.jpg

Man I tell ya what they done askt me if I was willing to face someone in the main event at wrestle- uhh I mean UFC three Hunny and I said "im your huckleberry!" I dont care who it is. Yee Haw!

His opponent,returning from after 5 yrs in retirement,the only undefeated champion in Roman History...The Legendary...TIGRIS...OF GAUL.

4KI7lNzQ_400x400.jpg

I believe if Volk has an "easy" win then he will throw himself in the 300 event. It would be something crazy like moving down to 135.
Yes I also thought of that recently.

IF Volk wins this weekend and emerges uninjured, UFC might say to him "Hey Alex....how bout dat UFC300 Main Event?".

It would be 2months til the fight (approx, but it's enough time) and he has had a good long camp for this fight vs Topuria so there's no "11 days notice at a higher weight class" issue here..... I CAN see that UFC might already have talked to Volka and suggested this to him and they have agreed to "let's see what happens against Topuria".

Volka title-fight against AnotherWarmBody as the UIFC300 Main event is definitely a possibility if he gets thru Topuria & is uninjured.

Dana White says they will announce UFC 300 at the UFC 298 Post-Fight Press Conference on Saturday.

Never seen a big event being called at the POST FIGHT presser either means it will be biblical like Conor vs Khabib being announced at the summer presser or terrible.

What's your guys Final Predictions on what it is?

-Added the actual video of him saying it-

Ariel will publish it on Friday.

Or at least I hope he will

Khabib coming back would probably be the craziest announcement I can think of.
Ramadan was never my friend.
Him vs gsp would still be absolutely huge especially for the 165lb title.

Back