News Dana White says they’re yet to decide the UFC 300 main-event

I do not give a flying fuck about anything involving Belal. He's more boring than Jon Fitch and Jake Shields combined. He is so, so bad. Keep him away from this historic event. I'm at the point of begging, Dana.
Comments like this make me think people forget how bad Shields was to watch. At least Belal has some power in his hands.

Do you really think they didn't have a plan???

People chat on here like the UFC brass are complete morons and by no way are competent to do anything right.

Truth, is whatever they were trying to do just didn't work out. Probably injuries being one and I'm guessing they probably were trying to put together one outside the box fight. This being like Rhonda vs X or GSP or Khabib coming back to fight.

Only thing I'm little puzzled on is not just doing the Conor vs Chandler or someone fight on 300. I get they are hoping to cash in twice on 1M+ PPV but injuries could prevent that to or push it off further.
Chances are Conor isn't going to be test ready in time. That's the only hang-up I could see outside of him not actually wanting to come back and fight.

Aspinall vs Stipe, Stipe vs Jones, Aspinall vs Jones
Jiri vs Poatan
Poatan vs Strickland again would be good

Do you really think they didn't have a plan???

People chat on here like the UFC brass are complete morons and by no way are competent to do anything right.

Truth, is whatever they were trying to do just didn't work out. Probably injuries being one and I'm guessing they probably were trying to put together one outside the box fight. This being like Rhonda vs X or GSP or Khabib coming back to fight.

Only thing I'm little puzzled on is not just doing the Conor vs Chandler or someone fight on 300. I get they are hoping to cash in twice on 1M+ PPV but injuries could prevent that to or push it off further.

My guess is they saw their schedule and think they will ultimately lose more money overall if they use the McGregor hand at UFC 300. They know UFC 300 sells well anyways even with this lineup so just try and stack it and save Conor for international fight week where he can sell the entire card by himself.

Also I think Conor commands so much money since the Floyd fight that they want to treat him like a boxing star where his fight is the entire selling point which has mostly been the case for a while now. Conor hasn't been on a stacked card since 2016.

Who would you put in the UFC 300 main-event?
It's obvious to me the best choice and most likely fight is Dricus vs Adesanya for 185lb title fight.

Dricus says he wants to fight at UFC300, and with the back story between those two.... It's highly likely.
I'd say it'll be announced probably next week.

Am a fan of Dricus so am all for it. Hope he wins.

At this point there may not be 1 fight that is absolute 300 head liner.

Jones vs stipe or aspinal vs stipe are the only 2 fights truly big enough.

Maybe Conor.

But Alex vs Hill (Or Ankaelev if Hill can't go yet)

Khamzat vs DDP.

I think we need both of those to be an epic card as Dana has claimed.

I'd also work leon/belal in there as the 3rd or 4th title fight

Khamzat vs Izzy for inaugural 175 belt
Leon vs Belal for 165 title

At this point there may not be 1 fight that is absolute 300 head liner.

Jones vs stipe or aspinal vs stipe are the only 2 fights truly big enough.

Maybe Conor.

What do you mean maybe Conor? McGregor vs Chandler will do better commercially than Jones vs Stipe though both are huge fights for the UFC.

they just don't really have much to work with. the only fight that would pump me up would be jones aspinall, and there's no chance of that happening.

George St-Pierre vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov is the fight to make.

BOOK THAT DANA LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

images

Can't see them using Pereira at this point with 301 in Rio. Then again maybe it's time Brazil fans got a non-Brazilian title fight main event.
You're probably right, but they'll use Pereira for 300 if they're in a pinch. Worse comes to worse and they just throw Pantoja in to headline 301.

Pls rebook michel pereira against karate boy as the prelim Main! I’m going to be watching all day so pls give me what I want lol

Back