Media Dana White Doubles Down Further Calls UFC 300 "Best Combat Sports Card Ever Assembled"

I think there are fighters outside of the headliners that contributed to paperview sales. By your logic, who is buying the card for Aljamain Sterling? Holly Holm? Even a green Jon Jones makes a card more stacked than either of them to me. You’re putting more value into these “former champions” and “ranked fighters,” that no one really cares for. And I guess that’s what the disagreement is based on.
I know UFC want to keep the actual champs as headliners, but I honestly think UFC made a dumb move by not putting Max vs Justin as the Main event.

It's by far the most star power fight on the card and would have definitely pulled up the PPV/Casual fan numbers.

I know UFC want to keep the actual champs as headliners, but I honestly think UFC made a dumb move by not putting Max vs Justin as the Main event.

It's by far the most star power fight on the card and would have definitely pulled up the PPV/Casual fan numbers.
I think it should have been a fight with more meaning. Gaethje vs Makhachev? Max vs Topuria? The BMF thing never interested me. It’s just a normal fight.

What a bunch of horrible opinions. This post hurt my brain.
It’s just biased. A lot of the people he mentioned as cons to UFC 100 could fall under the “ranked fighter” or “former champion” category. Selective language only used when beneficial to hyping up UFC 300.

I agree.

Which one is better? Post the entire fight card and let sher dog vote between them.

Blachowicz was a super hard challenge for him that he overcame, I think it was pretty impressive. I agree that the fight was boring but sometimes that just happens with certain stylistic matchups. He also has the ability to knock Hill the fuck out.

Yeah. I mean, Hill is pretty fkn sloppy and open to be hit, has shit defence, and also looks like he's never actually been taught how to throw a punch, or a kick. He's like some guy fighting in a bar on a Friday night. But, he has knocked out some good guys, and Periera looks slow and hesitant to me lately, so, who knows.

Last edited:
300K performance bonuses?

Holy shit.

Grab Diego Lopes +118 ITD now.

Coleman was 43 and on a two fight losing streak. And they weren't HOFers at the time. Aljo, Holly and Miller are gonna end up in the HOF and are all on the prelims. Jiri might as well.

He had two fights in the UFC. That's the equivalent of Bo Nickal being on the card except Bo looks more impressive than early Jon Jones.

Miller was coming off a loss with a 2-1 UFC record. He wasn't anything special at the time. Danzig was coming off 2 losses with a 1-2 UFC record. This was a nothing fight.

Dong was 2-0 in the UFC, Grant was 1-0. This is no better than a typical Apex prelim level fight.

Lawler had 1 UFC win, 5-1 overall. Dolloway was 2-1 in the UFC, 8-1 overall. Typical Apex prelim fight.

It's not close in the sense 300 blows it away. Look at how many ranked fighters and former champs are on the card.
Aljo in the hall of fame is a stretch

All-time Top 5 for sure - probably Top 3 even

4 to 5 solid fights on that card

by the recent ufc standard it's really good

but then again we all have low expectation from the disappointments all these years

I don't know man

These here. I remember ordering those.

Each and every fight I was excited for, immensely.

UFC 100 was top heavy, 300 is something else, even if the main event is not that crazy.

I forgot, because she lost it so recently.
3 years ago is recent?

The division is so shallow that she was able to get a title fight after just one win.
That win being a spinning backfist KO over Joanna, who you just talked up. I'm not seeing how that indicates the division is shallow, Oliveira was scheduled to get a title fight after one win and 155 is the most stacked division in the UFC.

I won’t make this into a straw weight GOAT debate, but I don’t think anyone here will agree with you there. Her wins over JJ were at the end of JJs career when she was on a skid.
On a skid to Zhang. I don't believe JJ was out of prime, she was just facing better opposition because the division got better. Look at who her title defenses were against.

Rose vanquished her. And she has zero longevity. At least Joanna had several title defenses under her belt and hadn’t lost up until that point.
She has a title defense behind her and her only UFC loss is Rose who isn't in the division anymore. She also easily beat Esparza who Rose lost to twice.

Holloway vs Gaethje is a more exciting match up, sure. But not more skilled.
Huh? Explain. Do you really think Joanna or Bisping are more skilled than Max Holloway?

It means very little in the grand scheme of FW and LW.
It's as meaningful as any other non title fight in the division. Gaethje needs to fight and Max is the best opponent for him. The alternatives are Gamrot or Jalin Turner. And if Max wins LW has a brand new contender to shake things up. It's both a fantastic action packed matchup AND a meaningful fight. It's easily better than any fight on 217.

I respect Pereira but I have to be honest. I think he loses to a lot of the UFC LHWs that are in other organizations, like Phil Davis, Vadim Nemkov, Corey Anderson, Ryan Bader. Ankalaev would probably be a favorite. And I personally think he lost to Jan.
Again, he's a 2 division champion in two different sports. What he accomplished is amazing and unheard of.

I think there are fighters outside of the headliners that contributed to paperview sales. By your logic, who is buying the card for Aljamain Sterling? Holly Holm? Even a green Jon Jones makes a card more stacked than either of them to me. You’re putting more value into these “former champions” and “ranked fighters,” that no one really cares for. And I guess that’s what the disagreement is based on.
You just went full retard. A 2-0 Jon Jones was nowhere near as valuable as the former champs on the prelims of 300. We are talking about fighters who have headlined PPVs for fucks sake, stop the BS of no one cares. Jiri literally just headlined a PPV that did massive numbers. Aljo is coming off being the BW champion with the most title defenses. Lol at trying to compare the fighters on 300 to an unranked fighter with 2 UFC wins. It's absolutely ludicrous. Your opinion of Jon Jones on 100 is entirely based on what he went on to accomplish. If Bo Nickal goes on to be a legend it doesn't make 300 more stacked to those of us watching it now. That's some shit for the future to decide.

It’s just biased. A lot of the people he mentioned as cons to UFC 100 could fall under the “ranked fighter” or “former champion” category. Selective language only used when beneficial to hyping up UFC 300.
Lol no. None of the fighters I mentioned were ranked or former champions. You clearly lack an understanding of how time works.

Back