Media Dana White Doubles Down Further Calls UFC 300 "Best Combat Sports Card Ever Assembled"

It doesn't have any really really big stars on it but honestly, when is the last time you've had a fight card where you know every single fighter on the card and they are all good match ups? Even looking back at UFC 100 and 200, there was filler.

Lawler had 1 UFC win, 5-1 overall. Dolloway was 2-1 in the UFC, 8-1 overall. That's an Apex prelim level fight. No way does it compare to Harrison v Holm. Former UFC champion v greatest American female judoka ever.

Ironic you say quality over quantity because even if you're a wmma hater you can ignore the two wmma fights on the prelims and you're still left with 6 amazing prelim fights that could headline their own cards. None of the 100 prelim fights could.

Yeah but Bo is the hotter prospect. Wrestling phenom, everyone is talking about him, he's finished every fight in the first round. Jones had less impressive credentials, 2 decision wins in the UFC and had some holes in his game at the time.

Lol no. Miller was coming off a loss with a 2-1 UFC record. Danzig was coming off 2 losses with a 1-2 UFC record. Miller at 300 is on a 2 fight win streak and is facing a top 15 opponent.

You can't ignore the WMMA though. They're inconvenient breaks that mess up the flow of the card. So it's a big minus for people like me who are not interested in WMMA.

Man loved PRIDE but often looking at cards past anywhere (PRIDE, UFC, STRIKEFORCE, WeC, DREAM, early RIZIN) they retroactively look amazing years later when names have been fully established and legacies cemented.

Also PRIDE had tiny rosters and only 3-4 weight classes making more people on the roster recognizable to a casual fan and seem more important. It was easier to stay relevant longer back then when you didn’t have nearly as many people coming to take your spot and the orgs felt more like clubs than high turnover sports with weight class depth and tons of talent supplies.

Every event seemed big when you only had 6 events a year and fairly stagnant rosters where everyone was recognizable (with occasional new talents usually from teams of popular fighters).

This card is solid for where we are at current day. I personally wouldn’t rate it “the best” but it’s impressive top to bottom for sure.

No but let’s keep it real. Cody vs TJ was one of the most hyped rivalries of all time. And the main event of 300 “just got his belt.” GSP returning was a big deal. And iirc the odds were even leading up to the fight. I recall a lot of MMA fans saying Bisping would win at the time. Joanna was in the running for GOAT WMMA fighter at the time, since Nunes just started her streak and Ronda lost in Australia. That’s three belts. UFC 300 has one, and a fake belt.

UFC 300 has two, you're forgetting Weili, who is herself on the way to becoming strawweight GOAT and has two wins over Joanna.

And fake belt or not, Gaethje v Holloway is a better matchup than all three of those fights. And would outsell any bantamweight or women's strawweight fight.

Pereira is a 2 division champion in two different sports, put some respect on the man's name.

You can't ignore the WMMA though. They're inconvenient breaks that mess up the flow of the card. So it's a big minus for people like me who are not interested in WMMA.
That's just you being a hater. Andrade and Weili only put on bangers, they are definitely not going to mess with the flow of the card. Only Holm v Harrison has the potential to be boring, but both fighters are popular, which is why the fight is there.

That's just you being a hater. Andrade and Weili only put on bangers, they are definitely not going to mess with the flow of the card. Only Holm v Harrison has the potential to be boring, but both fighters are popular, which is why the fight is there.

I'm simply not interested in watching women fight, not sure how that makes me a "hater".

At that point, Jones was still considered to be the top prospect in the sport based on how easily he toyed with Bonnar (other than maybe Cain Velasquez). Outside of that, what you’re saying is true— but at the same time I don’t recall what the UFC rankings looked like at the time, or if there even were officially any.
We’ll just have to see. If it’s truly more stacked like you say it is, then it will simply sell more PPVs— especially considering MMA as a sport is more popular now. If not, then we might have to reassess what constitutes a card being “stacked.”
Cards don't sell based on how stacked they are, they sell because of the headliners. UFC 100 sold because of Brock and to a lesser extent GSP. The other fights were irrelevant to PPV sales. No one bought the card for anyone on the prelims.

Bo Nickal and Cody Brundage are the main card.

They should demote boo vs bumbridge and move Andrade vs Rodriguez up

Lol at this WMMA whiteknight

I went to UFC 84, UFC 100, and UFC 194. Thought all 3 of those were better cards with bigger more interesting names and matchups I was more excited about. UFC 300 is pretty deep though, just lacks star power.

I'm simply not interested in watching women fight, not sure how that makes me a "hater".

You're actively whining about it, that makes you a hater. Like it's a hassle to watch an action packed fight. Stop crying.

You're actively whining about it, that makes you a hater. Like it's a hassle to watch an action packed fight. Stop crying.

It's an MMA discussion forum and it affects our watching experience. It's a legit topic to share my opinion about.

I'll be real with you fellas. I walk into a room and completely forget what I was looking for at least 6 times a day. Ain't no way I got a database in my head of 300 UFC events. So sure thing Dana. I believe you.

There's only 2 fights on this card I want to see. Gaethje / Holloway and Bo Nickal vs whatever meat slab they stand up in front of him. Everything else is just filler, including the main and co-main event.

Card order is all fucked up because of dumbasses who refuse to recognize that Bo is greatness, and the stupid concept that champions (that casuals don't give a shit about) go above fighters that people want to see for the sole reason that they are champions.

It simply depends whether you judge 'stacked' based on the worst 4 fights on the card or the top 4. If the former, it is by far the most stacked in UFC history, if the latter, then it isn't.

A couple of Pride cards have it covered either way you look. But it is the deepest in the UFC.

I'd also rather watch Poatan vs Hill than a drug addict who hasn't won a real fight in nearly a decade vs an elderly Chandler or a post-prime Jones vs an elderly fireman. Most of these 'mega-fights' that simps are whining about missing out on are trash.

It's an MMA discussion forum and it affects our watching experience. It's a legit topic to share my opinion about.
And you're expressing the opinion of a hater. Not sure why you're confused about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back