Dana: 'The Klitschko brothers are an embarrassment' to the sport of boxing

What Wlad is allowed to get away with in terms of clinching is something of a joke. He is extremely talented, but his fights are rarely worth watching simply because you don't even really see his considerable craft for most of the fight. Vitali is generally better to watch. Of course, if they had actual equals in the division, things would be a lot more interesting. They are far and away better than anyone else from this era barring maybe David Haye.

If only we could get super athletes like Dwight Howard to train boxing for a couple of months. We'd be rid of these Klitschkos. (sarcasm for those impaired)

Not sure how hyperbolic he's being there, but damn, they are not fun boxers to watch.

I didn't watch the fight, but I just read Klitschko knocked this dude down 4 different times during the fight, lol. Not exactly grabbing and not wanting to fight.

Is there any UFC competition that Dana doesn't call a disgrace? Not that I disagree about Mayweather and the Klitschkos but he can't then turn around and hype up all his "decision-only" champs as exciting and call anyone who disagrees uneducated.

Dana is mad because he can't cut him!

Boxing is an embarrassment to boxing.

I didn't watch the fight, but I just read Klitschko knocked this dude down 4 different times during the fight, lol. Not exactly grabbing and not wanting to fight.

Actually Dana's description of the fight was accurate. It was by far the most boring fight I have ever seen.

Klitschko's paycheck>>>>Any fighter from your organization.

How about you just STFU and start paying your fighters better Dana?

I question his (management's) choice in opponents. They both fight nobodies. At least in the last 6-7 years. If they're gonna fight nobodies, come to the US and fought the biggest, baddest black guy in Philadelphia. They wouldn't last half a round. But they won't do that. They fight chunky, small nobody european fighters.

And when they do get a "knockout" they just jab the opponent until he falls down like he's supposed to, when he's supposed to.

Nobody talks about the klitschko uppercut, the klitschko right hook, etc. The only punch they have is the jab. And they hold it out to keep their opponent away BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT TO FIGHT. Dana is an ass but he's 100% correct on this one.

Ya, this is a ridiculous post for so many reasons. Both Klitschkos have an impressive array of punches. One can argue that Wlad doesn't make use of his repertoire as much as he should, but he has a very good left hook and straight right hand (with knockout power in both punches). While they fight some questionable Eurobums at times, collectively they have fought everyone worth a damn in the division over the last number of years. Watch Lewis v. Vitali and tell me that he "doesn't want to fight".

Part of the reason the fight was terrible was that Povetkin showed up with absolutely nothing and Wlad was allowed to clinch whenever he wanted (a good referee would have deducted points early and often and Wlad would have likely been flirting with a DQ). Having said that, Povetkin took a pretty terrible beating despite the fight being awful. Even when he puts on boring fights, Wlad's opponents tend to take a ton of damage.

More trolling? I feel like this thread is either full of trolling or someone whose never watched either of them fight.

Vitali is less exciting after he came back from retirement/injury but the guy still finishes almost every single one of his fights and was at that time probably the best HW boxer of all time and could have beat any HW boxer in their prime and still now at his current self could beat a lot of HW champs from past eras and wladimir like another post said use to be a lot more exciting.

Maybe if they had some decent competition they would be posed to try harder. Still way more exciting then a gsp fight.

Hes the best at a time when the division is historically at its weakest point. Prime vs Prime I think a lot of HWs beat him. Lewis, Holmes, Bowe.

1. Povetkin came in low with his head all the time blindly swinging, because he feared to get hit by Wlads jab or straight right. He directly dived under Wlads armpit or invited Wlad to lay on his back. Povetkin was equally to blame for that fight.

2. You don't need to like the Klits, but you have to resprect them and aknowledge their greatness. They would give an ATG HW a run for their money. Along with Lewis their are the new HW types of boxer: Lean, huge, quick and skilled. I have them and Lewis as the ones above anyone else at HW. Not in terms of quality opponents, but as favoured in a fight against other ATG from any period (betting lines would always be in their favour).

Hey dana! If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it! Stop being a dick!

1. Povetkin came in low with his head all the time blindly swinging, because he feared to get hit by Wlads jab or straight right. He directly dived under Wlads armpit or inivted Wlad to laying on his back. Povetkin was equally to blame for that fight.

2. You don't need to like the Klits, but you have to resprect them and aknowledge their greatness. They would give an ATH HW a run for their money. Along with Lewis their are the new HW types of boxer: Lean, huge, quick and skilled. I have them and Lewis as the ones above anyone else at HW. Not in terms of quality opponents, but as favoured in a fight against other ATG from any period (betting lines would always be in their favour).

A peak Bowe would be hell for Wladimir. Absolute hell. Neither Klitschko is likely to be easy work for the best HWs in history, but I don't agree that they'd be favorites over all of them.

This fight really was boring as shit, but I cant blame Wlad..collecting a paycheck and protecting your record is better than brawling and potentially losing it all.

Can anyone recommend a particularly exciting Wlad fight to compare to?

This fight really was boring as shit, but I cant blame Wlad..collecting a paycheck and protecting your record is better than brawling and potentially losing it all.

Can anyone recommend a particularly exciting Wlad fight to compare to?

he's kind of like floyd, his only exciting fights are the ones he gets hit. i recommend the first tony thompson fight i felt wlad channeled his inner ali in shutting down thompson

No you don't. The absolute truth is that there is no one currently fighting in MMA that would last one round in a boxing ring with either Klitschko if they didn't run run run the entire round. They would beat Dos Santos like a child, in boxing.

However, I agree that they are not exciting to watch and their matches are poorly refereed. You can't take away from their skill but a combination of their style and the lack of depth at heavyweight has really hurt boxing in popular culture.

Whoooa. Relax cowboy.
They might be able to beat Dos Santos on points.
But do you seriously think they can knock him out in the first round???

Have you seen the punishment Dos can take, from small MMA gloves and even lying down so the head can't move backwards...

Since when were the Klitsckos knockout machines. Jab, hold, move away doesn't put a guy like Dos Santos down.

They MIGHT win a decision. But he will be aggressive, have power, precision and cardio, which they aren't used to...

Back