Dana: 'The Klitschko brothers are an embarrassment' to the sport of boxing

The Klitschkos may not be exciting, but at least they finish opponents.

Wlad is Not the Most exiting fighter, but he should get mad respect for beeing the hw champ since 9 fucking years?

I dont get, How people can call a vitali fight boring

Whoooa. Relax cowboy.
They might be able to beat Dos Santos on points.
But do you seriously think they can knock him out in the first round???

Have you seen the punishment Dos can take, from small MMA gloves and even lying down so the head can't move backwards...

Since when were the Klitsckos knockout machines. Jab, hold, move away doesn't put a guy like Dos Santos down.

They MIGHT win a decision. But he will be aggressive, have power, precision and cardio, which they aren't used to...

51 KOs in 61 wins for Wladimir.

41 KOs in 45 wins for Vitali.

They stop people. Most of the people they stop are far better boxers than Junior Dos Santos.

Wlad is Not the Most exiting fighter, but he should get mad respect for beeing the hw champ since 9 fucking years?

I dont get, How people can call a vitali fight boring

Because they don't watch him fight. Vitali's fights can be a tad boring, but only because his opponents have nothing to offer.

Dana is just mad that they get paid so much and his top fighters will,never,ever,ever..............Make that type of money in a single fight. Deal with it!

Whoooa. Relax cowboy.
They might be able to beat Dos Santos on points.
But do you seriously think they can knock him out in the first round???

Have you seen the punishment Dos can take, from small MMA gloves and even lying down so the head can't move backwards...

Since when were the Klitsckos knockout machines. Jab, hold, move away doesn't put a guy like Dos Santos down.

They MIGHT win a decision. But he will be aggressive, have power, precision and cardio, which they aren't used to...

1. Look at the records of the Klits, and you understand knockout machines.

2. Dos Santos might survive a couple of rounds, but he has never been hit as hard as by the Klits ever. Either Dos Santos is very lucky to hit Wlad early on (suspect chin) or he will go down by the 6th round max. But no way in hell he is able to clip Vitaly. Vitaly has a granite chin. Vitaly will win by the 6th max as well.

Dana, I'll tell you what is truly embarrassing. The average salary of your fighters.

Dana is a cancer to whatever business he's in.
Talk about talking out of your ass.

Dana upset about someone holding his way to victory makes me laugh... Call GSP or Shields an embarassment...

Not an embarrassment really. I think the more embarrassing fact is that no one's been able to beat them in a long time. Klitschko's have the best straight punches in boxing, for sure. That must count for something.

In this case Dana is right. Wladimir's last fight was aweful.

what is that you were saying dana

10000363-7562701.jpg

More punches thrown in that picture than the last Klitschko fight.

all there fights are like that but this one was by far one of the worst absolutely

he isn't exaggerating when he says that's he did that rinse repeat for the entire fight, ITS TRUE! probably the worst fight ive ever seen, how i sat through and watched all of it is beyond me but i had nothing else going on

Normally I take Dana's opinion on boxing with a grain of salt. I grew up a boxing fan and still watch the big fights, no matter how much Dana bashes boxing.

But he's right, this fight sucked ass. I was so disappointed. At least it was on regular TV and in the middle of the day.

To be fair, excessive holding is supposed to be illegal in boxing.

You're right. And Klitch did a lot of pushing his head down or just leaning on his head. If the ref cut that shit out early we could have had a totally different fight. Oh well.

Because they don't watch him fight. Vitali's fights can be a tad boring, but only because his opponents have nothing to offer.

i agree that vitali is a slow starter, from what i remember he always need 1-2 rounds to find his rhythm
vs chisora, lewis, even against solis, who he ko'ed oneshot.

but well hes over 40 maybe its because of that. Heres a interesting quote from a boxing forum.

---------------------------
He's fighting smarter than ever.. he's throwing less bombs but his punch output is even more than before esp. since he came back from retirement after 4 yrs.. he's more defensive because of all his various injuries he had that caused his retirement.. he hasn't been injured yet since his comeback & that is because he's maintaining proper balance & footwork & therefore is putting less on his shots to preserve his body..

He still throws very hard shots but mixes up the power & commits less. hemade Areola quit & cry.. threw Briggs in the hospital for a week because he cost him a knockout.. Solis also landed in the hospital.. ko'ed Sosnowski with one punch & has lost one or 2 rds tops in his comeback practically dominating every rd he's fought.. althwhile peeps think he's losing his mojo & getting old.
--------------------------

I have to say the adamek fight was beautiful, he looked crisp, young and fast, awesome performence

i agree that vitali is a slow starter, from what i remember he always need 1-2 rounds to find his rhythm
vs chisora, lewis, even against solis, who he ko'ed oneshot.

but well hes over 40 maybe its because of that. Heres a interesting quote from a boxing forum.

---------------------------
He's fighting smarter than ever.. he's throwing less bombs but his punch output is even more than before esp. since he came back from retirement after 4 yrs.. he's more defensive because of all his various injuries he had that caused his retirement.. he hasn't been injured yet since his comeback & that is because he's maintaining proper balance & footwork & therefore is putting less on his shots to preserve his body..

He still throws very hard shots but mixes up the power & commits less. hemade Areola quit & cry.. threw Briggs in the hospital for a week because he cost him a knockout.. Solis also landed in the hospital.. ko'ed Sosnowski with one punch & has lost one or 2 rds tops in his comeback practically dominating every rd he's fought.. althwhile peeps think he's losing his mojo & getting old.
--------------------------

I have to say the adamek fight was beautiful, he looked crisp, young and fast, awesome performence

I don't think Vitali is a boring fighter. What I was trying to say is that sometimes his opponents are so outmatched, it makes for boring fights. Also, Solis going to hospital wasn't down to Vitali giving him a beating.

Back