Dana: 'The Klitschko brothers are an embarrassment' to the sport of boxing

And any HW in the UFC could beat the Klitschkos. Guys like JDS, Mark Hunt, even someone like Pat Barry could beat them. Decisively. Most LHWs could beat them. And yes I'm talking just straight boxing, not MMA. No kicks, takedowns, etc.

xLnJ57F.gif

Compared to the Klitschkos I see better, more advanced striking in the UFC every day.

No you don't. The absolute truth is that there is no one currently fighting in MMA that would last one round in a boxing ring with either Klitschko if they didn't run run run the entire round. They would beat Dos Santos like a child, in boxing.

However, I agree that they are not exciting to watch and their matches are poorly refereed. You can't take away from their skill but a combination of their style and the lack of depth at heavyweight has really hurt boxing in popular culture.

I'm a huge boxing fan and what Dana said is the truth the hw's are a complete joke. But there are also a lot of mma fighters that do what the klits do. Gsp is on top of that list.

Just because they have some KOs on their records doesn't mean they're legitimate Knockouts. First of all they never fight anyone with any real talent or ability, so if they're half as good as some of the people on here claim, they should have a lot of KOs. But I've seen most of their fights and what's called a "knockout" is usually very sketchy. Like this last fight, the guy slipped. In fact twice Klitschko grabbed his head and pushed him down (one was close to being a trip). Ref called them knockdowns. It didn't end the fight but it certainly worked to justify the pre-determined pro-klitschko decision.

Not trolling.

I've despised the Klitschkos for years. They single handedly ruined boxing. Was this last Klitschko fight even on PPV in the US? I saw it online, but I didn't hear a word about it here in the US.

The biggest mystery to me is why Germans love such non-german mediocrity. That's one thing I can't answer. If he were German I'd understand (kinda). But he's not remotely German. Why's he so popular there? Everyone else on the planet except his home country seems to recognize his appalling mediocrity.

No you don't. The absolute truth is that there is no one currently fighting in MMA that would last one round in a boxing ring with either Klitschko if they didn't run run run the entire round. They would beat Dos Santos like a child, in boxing.

However, I agree that they are not exciting to watch and their matches are poorly refereed. You can't take away from their skill but a combination of their style and the lack of depth at heavyweight has really hurt boxing in popular culture.

That's a common myth, not 'absolute truth'.

There are certainly boxers out there who could whoop someone like JDS. The old, slow, noncombative, cowardly Klitschko brothers are not among them.

They only fight mediocre european boxers, and they just paw their way to a predetermined victory.

The worst boxer in the UFC HW division would be a fair match for the Klitschkos. Someone like Frank Mir, perhaps. Klitschko vs. Mir... that I dunno. Tossup.

Dana shouldn't throw rocks in that glass house of his..
There are far too many wrestlefuckers in the UFC for Dana to be entitled to complain about boring matches in other organizations in other sports.

The difference is when you pay to watch boxing, you are paying to watch two fighters punch each other in the face and body...and that's pretty much what you should expect.

Wrestling is a part of MMA and everyone who buys a ticket to watch it should know this.

The biggest mystery to me is why Germans love such non-german mediocrity. That's one thing I can't answer. If he were German I'd understand (kinda). But he's not remotely German. Why's he so popular there? Everyone else on the planet except his home country seems to recognize his appalling mediocrity.
they have one of the biggest tv-station behind them. its just hype.

And any HW in the UFC could beat the Klitschkos. Guys like JDS, Mark Hunt, even someone like Pat Barry could beat them. Decisively. Most LHWs could beat them. And yes I'm talking just straight boxing, not MMA. No kicks, takedowns, etc.

What's that, i'm crazy?

tumbleweed.jpg

FYI, a brazilian newspaper (article wrote by some guy in Houston) says that a member of Wladimir's staff acknowledged JDS's challenge and said it could happen, but only if he beats Velasquez tomorrow. He says they have interest in making this fight because a lot of fans want to see MMA fights x boxers.

But I doubt Dana lets this one happens, it would be almost as embarassing as Couture vs Toney.

That last fight wasn't all that great but there have been many ufc title fights that were less than exciting. To blame the Klitschko brothers for the decline in heavyweight boxing is ridiculous, Wladimir has only 8 decisions in 61 fights. Just because he doesnt come out winging punches doesnt mean he isnt an effective boxer who decisively stops fights.

FYI, a brazilian newspaper (article wrote by some guy in Houston) says that a member of Wladimir's staff acknowledged JDS's challenge and said it could happen, but only if he beats Velasquez tomorrow. He says they have interest in making this fight because a lot of fans want to see MMA fights x boxers.

But I doubt Dana lets this one happens, it would be almost as embarassing as Couture vs Toney.

Be hilarious if JDS cracks him upside the ear and KO's him.

They are as much an embarrassment to boxing as GSP is to MMA

The HW division died with Mike Tyson. I'm actually surprised the Klitschkos are still champions, I hadn't heard their name in years.

That dead and forgotten division had a 23 million purse for the fight. Meanwhile, JDS had a purse of 120k for winning against Hunt.

Hunt never tried boxing to my knowledge( not that I researched), but Sefo, the man who beat him in a standing bout, tried his hands against the mighty Chester Hughes.

Went something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6RNjOVylos

I hated Wlad for robbing me of a great fight against Povetkin, but he is the champ for a reason and his shoes are not so easy to fill.

I'm a boxing fan and I agree with Dana. I didn't even watch Klit / Povetkin. I knew it would be terrible. I stopped watching Klits fights after he fought Haye and I've seen the Klits fight around 30 times, just a really ugly, boring style.

The hw division in boxing needs another Tyson, at this point another Larry Holmes would be welcome.

Dana shouldn't throw rocks in that glass house of his..
There are far too many wrestlefuckers in the UFC for Dana to be entitled to complain about boring matches in other organizations in other sports.

I very much prefer that he confine his rants about fighting style to OTHER organizations actually. At least he isn't involved in decision making in boxing.

That last fight wasn't all that great but there have been many ufc title fights that were less than exciting. To blame the Klitschko brothers for the decline in heavyweight boxing is ridiculous, Wladimir has only 8 decisions in 61 fights. Just because he doesnt come out winging punches doesnt mean he isnt an effective boxer who decisively stops fights.

I question his (management's) choice in opponents. They both fight nobodies. At least in the last 6-7 years. If they're gonna fight nobodies, come to the US and fought the biggest, baddest black guy in Philadelphia. They wouldn't last half a round. But they won't do that. They fight chunky, small nobody european fighters.

And when they do get a "knockout" they just jab the opponent until he falls down like he's supposed to, when he's supposed to.

Nobody talks about the klitschko uppercut, the klitschko right hook, etc. The only punch they have is the jab. And they hold it out to keep their opponent away BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT TO FIGHT. Dana is an ass but he's 100% correct on this one.

Back