Dana: 'The Klitschko brothers are an embarrassment' to the sport of boxing

Yeah, Wladimir only has 7 finishes out of his last 10 fights...

I haven't watched boxing since that Hagler vs Sugar Ray fight where Sugar ran the whole time and won a decision.

He's right though. That fight was simply incredulous. Klitschko just reached over the guys head and grabbed him, held him and let the ref separate them over and over and over again, every chance he had. And he still somehow won. I've despised the Klitschko brothers (though Vitale is a little better than Vladimir) for years. They're so dull, so boring, never really engage... just just stand there with a hand out like Dave Herman does and paw with a jab until they somehow win a decision every time. The fact this fight wasn't even promoted here in the US says it all.

For some reasons Germans and of course Russians love these guys. But say what you want about Dana, he's absolutely right on this issue. The HW division died with Mike Tyson. I'm actually surprised the Klitschkos are still champions, I hadn't heard their name in years.

And every "knockdown" in this last fight was a blatant slip. It was clear to me the ref and the judges were paid off in this fight, but that's fine because nobody gives a fuck. It's not a real HW championship boxing match, it's just a strange jabbing and holding exhibition match held in germany, so it's okay to cheat, nobody cares. And that's right. But don't say Klitschko is some amazingly talented unbeatable boxer because he's none of those things.

And any HW in the UFC could beat the Klitschkos. Guys like JDS, Mark Hunt, even someone like Pat Barry could beat them. Decisively. Most LHWs could beat them. And yes I'm talking just straight boxing, not MMA. No kicks, takedowns, etc.

What's that, i'm crazy? Go watch the Klitschko fight from the other night.

Wow, please tell me you're joking.

Oh Dana was it that long ago Tim Sylvia was the UFC champion?

And any HW in the UFC could beat the Klitschkos. Guys like JDS, Mark Hunt, even someone like Pat Barry could beat them. Decisively. Most LHWs could beat them. And yes I'm talking just straight boxing, not MMA. No kicks, takedowns, etc.

What's that, i'm crazy? Go watch the Klitschko fight from the other night.

You are insane.

I agree, the Clinchko's are not PPV worthy because they suck.......and to a certain extent so did Lennox Lewis....which was the beginning of the end for boxing's heavyweight division. Holyfield was the last great champion who brought it every fight until he went braindead.

Dana is an idiot. That fight was boring, I agree. But Dana is a buffoon. Klitschko's have exiting fights as well.

Plus, there's so many boring fights in the UFC as well. Plus, Dana is acting like a child. All the time. Like that's how it's supposed to be.

I don't agree with 99% of the shit that comes out of Dana's mouth but for once he does have a point here.

Watch Wladimir's fights with Povetkin and Wach. All 3 of those guys should make $ to advertise those fights as a sleeping aid.

Yeah, Wladimir only has 7 finishes out of his last 10 fights...

That's because the HW division in boxing is so watered down right now. There is nobody that would even be the top 100

I agree, the Clinchko's are not PPV worthy because they suck.......and to a certain extent so did Lennox Lewis....which was the beginning of the end for boxing's heavyweight division. Holyfield was the last great champion who brought it every fight until he went braindead.

Lennox was exciting imo.
Not Tyson-exciting but I was enjoying his fights a lot.

Dana shouldn't throw rocks in that glass house of his..
There are far too many wrestlefuckers in the UFC for Dana to be entitled to complain about boring matches in other organizations in other sports.

Yet Dana praises Floyd Mayweather.

He is a loud-mouthed buffoon.

lol, but he's right. Wlad gets away with fouling since he's the champ. Block some punches, throw one, bear hug Povetkin.

Pussy referees for the loss. They know they'll be stoned if they DQ Klitschko, he's basically a sports hero in Germany and Eastern Europe. Plus his Unesco work worldwide.

W.Klitschko's last fight did suck. The dude has almost 60 fights under his belt and has had some very exciting fights during his career. Watching either Klitschko brother fight is more exciting than watching GSP.

Dana shouldn't throw rocks in that glass house of his..
There are far too many wrestlefuckers in the UFC for Dana to be entitled to complain about boring matches in other organizations in other sports.

Dana has made it clear that he is not a big fan of those "wrestlefuckers" in the UFC. just watch this week's episode of TUF and you will see.

Besides, Wrestling is part of MMA dude. jab and clinch ISN'T in boxing

Compared to the Klitschkos I see better, more advanced striking in the UFC every day.

The only reason the Klitschkos have had any success is because (a) they are huge (b) they never fight anyone who is a real danger and (c) the refs and judges are bought.

When Klitschko grabs the guys head 30 times in one round and is never even warned, you know the ref is bought. When he grabs the guys head and pushes him down and the ref calls it a knockdown and gives the guy a standing 8 count, the ref is bought. But like I said, it's not a real boxing match so nobody cares. It's a sports entertainment event in germany. Like WWE.

And like Dana said, they never want to fight. They paw with long, slow outstretched jabs to keep their opponent away, and get double points (apparently a klitschko protective jab counts twice on the judges' score cards).

Floyd Mayweather vs Vladimir Klitschko.... Floyd wouldn't be able to finish him due to size but he'd definitely win on points assuming fair, not-paid-off competent, legit judges.

Prime Mike Tyson would have retired both of them within 40 seconds. Of course they would have never agreed to be in the same room as Tyson.

That's because the HW division in boxing is so watered down right now. There is nobody that would even be the top 100

That's a crap argument. How can you prove it? I mean, while we're at it, who did Tyson beat?

Says the guys who employs Jake Shields and paid Fitch all this money.

It's a tad different if they were your champions representing the sport. Fitch is no longer in the UFC and Shields had his shot. You can argue every champ in the UFC is more exciting than the brothers. He's not wrong. Have you seen their fights over the last little bit? There's a reason no one really gets excited for boxing anymore. When I was young, it's what I grew up on. I watched it religiously. Even as MMA became huge I tried to manage both but frankly the quality of boxing to watch has slipped enormously.

Back