Cyborg could have been the face of WMMA if she didn't duck Ronda

I remember that one. Liz got the choke and it was real close. Unfortunately Liz was green as shit in MMA and way smaller. WMMA was even a bigger joke back then than it is nowadays. It will take 10 more years for the talent to find the sport but most women have zero desire to get punched in the face (Even Ronda ran away once she started to get humiliated.). That is the reason WMMA talent will always be pretty pathetic.

I disagree with WMMA as a whole being pathetic.
Rewatch the Valentina Shevchenko vs Nunez fight...thats usually the one I go to when it comes to showing newcomers to WMMA.

i know its a instant boner for you and all the rousey haters but holly "buster douglas" holms lost to tate. What'd rousey do to tate not once but twice?

So is holly not a real fight? Or are you going to spin it? People need to say what it was. Rousey came in with too much confidence and no respect and matchup stye hurt her.

i dont know why people like to drag down others after they lose? I see it with anderson to wanderlai to weidman and so on. Fighters get old, the injuries catch up or style of the fight or other fighter being better happens.

Ronda was a bitch tho...and that made it MUCH easier to hate on her. Thats a simple fact.

The UFC offered Cyborg a fight against Honda in the first ever female fight in the UFC but she turned it down because reasons. Instead Honda went on an absolute tear and became the biggest star of the company when WMMA was still new and fresh in the mainstream. Cyborg was stuck in Invicta with the UFC trying to get her to drop to 135 while Honda was the face of WMMA.

Looking at how everything turned out in the end it's pretty obvious that Cyborg made a huge mistake not fighting Ronda. She could have been a double champ by now.
Not sure if serious, Cyborg is not made to be star in USA and she almost killed wmma when she popped. Remeber she also popped in the UFC, but they gave her TUF (Jessica Penne was banned in very similar situation). Cyborg as whole is not something what can attract casual public.
I think Gina Carano is still more recognized than Cyborg in USA even 10 years after her loss to Cyborg. Also remeber about Nunes, beating Ronda in 40 sec didn't make her star.You need more than fighting abilities to be face of wmma: pretty, good skills,charismatic, polaryzing personality. Cyborg has only good skills.

She is. She is dominant. I dont get the hate for her roiding but other fighters get passes for juicing to the gills.
I think it is because she is not pretty. Most big fights she always gets put to that beauty vs the beast theme. I will concede she got busted for winstrol but watching her training sessions. I cannot say she is not skilled.

New

Another shertarded falsehood. It is a matter of public record as they talked about it at the time (Scott Coker confirmed this more than once) that Ronda went down to 1235 because the plan was for Ronda to meet cyROID @ 145 in a Champ vs Champ"Superfight" and that was set to happen until cyROID proved what everone with eyeballs could see (she was 'roided to the gills) and it killed the fight and SF's 145 lb division.

This has been proven time and time again but the Ronda haters won't give up the fallacy that she dropped to 135 (where there was a much deeper talent pool, btw) to avoid cyROID. SMH

My post is factual. Coker has said publicly that he asked Ronda to drop to 135 to set up what would be a MUCH bigger fight between two Champs than just a fight between them @ 145. Besides the talent pool @ 135 is/was much deeper which is why after cyROID got popped SF dropped the weight class altogether. The bias is yours (against Ronda).
The talent pool at 145 was much deeper in Strikeforce. There was Cyborg, Nunes, GDR, Budd and Rousey. 135 had Tate, Kaufman, Carmouche and Coenen. Coker said this in hindsight; this was not the original plan (not why she dropped divisions), but once both were champions it became the plan.

This is the equivalent of the UFC giving Brian Ortega a title shot at 135lbs even though he earned his contender status at 145, just so they could hope to make a "super fight".

I remember that one. Liz got the choke and it was real close. Unfortunately Liz was green as shit in MMA and way smaller. WMMA was even a bigger joke back then than it is nowadays. It will take 10 more years for the talent to find the sport but most women have zero desire to get punched in the face (Even Ronda ran away once she started to get humiliated.). That is the reason WMMA talent will always be pretty pathetic.

Liz had 10 fights to Rousey's 6.

Nunes upsets Cyborg .. this is a passing of the torch
This could be FOTN.. and I realize what card they're fighting on. Nunes has everything it takes to beat Cyborg except the gas tank. 4 and 5 will be interesting. Fight way too under the radar.

The talent pool at 145 was much deeper in Strikeforce. There was Cyborg, Nunes, GDR, Budd and Rousey. 135 had Tate, Kaufman, Carmouche and Coenen. Coker said this in hindsight; this was not the original plan (not why she dropped divisions), but once both were champions it became the plan.

This is the equivalent of the UFC giving Brian Ortega a title shot at 135lbs even though he earned his contender status at 145, just so they could hope to make a "super fight".
All the ones you mentioned @ 145 fight @ 135, most of cyROID's wins have been against people moving up at least one weight (sometimes more) Coker stated more than one that HE ASKED Ronda to drop to 135. Don't act as if it was an afterthought (the Ronda-cyROID Champ vs Champ fight), and if Ronda was trying to avoid cyROID why did she agree to the fight @ 145 after she won the Title from Miesha?

You mean the chick that's a bad actor in the wrestling ring who never credibly appeared to want to fight Cyborg? The frontrunning fighter who's never asked for a rematch of two ass kickings she's taking, from fighters still active who don't quit after losses?
She could challenge Cyborg today, yesterday, and could have at anytime after this nonsensical "ducking" years ago. We all know what's in Ronda's heart and her favorite pillow color, no matter how much revisionist history you try here.
download.jpg

With a fucked up mug like that who you kidding?

{<huh}

Liz had 10 fights to Rousey's 6.

Had liz competed in Judo in olympic level since she was a child? The amount of fight tell nothing especially in WMMA. Its all about the camp and years you have trained and the level of competition you have faced.

I disagree with WMMA as a whole being pathetic.
Rewatch the Valentina Shevchenko vs Nunez fight...thats usually the one I go to when it comes to showing newcomers to WMMA.

I can admit there are exceptions to the rules. But still the level will never be really high. Like look at mens MW or WW divisions. Any fighter in the top 10 could beat any other fighter on any given night.

No Cyborg could not make the weight end of story. Also who cares about Ronda nowadays. Everybody know she was all hype and got humiliated in the first real fight she got into.

GQf8ynp.gif

Cyborg chose not to make weight. If you think she couldn't lose a few pounds of steroid-gained muscle for the money-making fight of a lifetime then you're not thinking this through.

Cyborg doesn't like to fight unless she has a substantial strength-size advantage over her opponents. She's weighing in at 170+ after her weight cuts. I'll agree that she can't cut any more weight, but she sure as shit could lose some by just upping cardio and laying off the strength training and supplementation for a few months.

Luck or not, holly caught a L to Tate. You can spin it anyway you want but Holly is 0-1 vs tate. So was tate a fake fight and not real? And your too emotionally invested. Rousey, holly would beat you and a lot of sherdoggers.

You know you lost all credibility with that statement? Are you a child? You call me emotionally invested but yet you say that Roysey or holly would beat me. You know nothing about me so please STFU child.

She'd have to be a 135 lb fighter to duck a 135 lb fighter.
She's never fought below 140.
Cos she keeps packing on extra muscle to dominate 145 soccer moms

Valentina Shevchenko > Every other woman in the sport.

Don’t let an awful decision against a much larger opponent change your mind.

Cyborg chose not to make weight. If you think she couldn't lose a few pounds of steroid-gained muscle for the money-making fight of a lifetime then you're not thinking this through.

Cyborg doesn't like to fight unless she has a substantial strength-size advantage over her opponents. She's weighing in at 170+ after her weight cuts. I'll agree that she can't cut any more weight, but she sure as shit could lose some by just upping cardio and laying off the strength training and supplementation for a few months.

You could be right. Then again we know nothing about her body. She and her nutritionists are the ones that know. But I agree with you she probably has taken some subelements.

Back