Cyborg could have been the face of WMMA if she didn't duck Ronda

Cyborg almost died making 140....
Screen_Shot_2016-09-24_at_2.34.56_AM.0.0.png

Another shertarded falsehood. It is a matter of public record as they talked about it at the time (Scott Coker confirmed this more than once) that Ronda went down to 1235 because the plan was for Ronda to meet cyROID @ 145 in a Champ vs Champ"Superfight" and that was set to happen until cyROID proved what everone with eyeballs could see (she was 'roided to the gills) and it killed the fight and SF's 145 lb division.

This has been proven time and time again but the Ronda haters won't give up the fallacy that she dropped to 135 (where there was a much deeper talent pool, btw) to avoid cyROID. SMH
Looking at this logically, it's hard to think that Rousey (a top 135 contender) would drop to BW for a title shot so she could have secured a title shot (in her own weight class) with Cyborg. Financially, there wasn't much to gain in Strikeforce for such a move.

Clearly you have something against Cris, so I'll just assume this post is a bit biased

You mean the chick that's a bad actor in the wrestling ring who never credibly appeared to want to fight Cyborg? The frontrunning fighter who's never asked for a rematch of two ass kickings she's taking, from fighters still active who don't quit after losses?
She could challenge Cyborg today, yesterday, and could have at anytime after this nonsensical "ducking" years ago. We all know what's in Ronda's heart and her favorite pillow color, no matter how much revisionist history you try here.

No Cyborg could not make the weight end of story. Also who cares about Ronda nowadays. Everybody know she was all hype and got humiliated in the first real fight she got into.

GQf8ynp.gif

I dunno man..the only one i thought was a real fight for her before the mess was that Liz Carmouche fight.
Go back and watch that one.
She could have actually lost that fight and we wouldnt be here...but things still worked out...

The UFC offered Cyborg a fight against Honda in the first ever female fight in the UFC but she turned it down because reasons. Instead Honda went on an absolute tear and became the biggest star of the company when WMMA was still new and fresh in the mainstream. Cyborg was stuck in Invicta with the UFC trying to get her to drop to 135 while Honda was the face of WMMA.

Looking at how everything turned out in the end it's pretty obvious that Cyborg made a huge mistake not fighting Ronda. She could have been a double champ by now.

Oh man...look at the morons that actually LIKED OPs post.
They should all be banned...due to sheer stupidity.

New

Another shertarded falsehood. It is a matter of public record as they talked about it at the time (Scott Coker confirmed this more than once) that Ronda went down to 1235 because the plan was for Ronda to meet cyROID @ 145 in a Champ vs Champ"Superfight" and that was set to happen until cyROID proved what everone with eyeballs could see (she was 'roided to the gills) and it killed the fight and SF's 145 lb division.

This has been proven time and time again but the Ronda haters won't give up the fallacy that she dropped to 135 (where there was a much deeper talent pool, btw) to avoid cyROID. SMH
Looking at this logically, it's hard to think that Rousey (a top 135 contender) would drop to BW for a title shot so she could have secured a title shot (in her own weight class) with Cyborg. Financially, there wasn't much to gain in Strikeforce for such a move.

Clearly you have something against Cris, so I'll just assume this post is a bit biased
My post is factual. Coker has said publicly that he asked Ronda to drop to 135 to set up what would be a MUCH bigger fight between two Champs than just a fight between them @ 145. Besides the talent pool @ 135 is/was much deeper which is why after cyROID got popped SF dropped the weight class altogether. The bias is yours (against Ronda).

LOL at "ducking"

Cyborg would have turned Ronda's face into ground beef. Way worse than what Nunes did.

I dunno man..the only one i thought was a real fight for her before the mess was that Liz Carmouche fight.
Go back and watch that one.
She could have actually lost that fight and we wouldnt be here...but things still worked out...

I remember that one. Liz got the choke and it was real close. Unfortunately Liz was green as shit in MMA and way smaller. WMMA was even a bigger joke back then than it is nowadays. It will take 10 more years for the talent to find the sport but most women have zero desire to get punched in the face (Even Ronda ran away once she started to get humiliated.). That is the reason WMMA talent will always be pretty pathetic.

No Cyborg could not make the weight end of story. Also who cares about Ronda nowadays. Everybody know she was all hype and got humiliated in the first real fight she got into.

GQf8ynp.gif

i know its a instant boner for you and all the rousey haters but holly "buster douglas" holms lost to tate. What'd rousey do to tate not once but twice?

So is holly not a real fight? Or are you going to spin it? People need to say what it was. Rousey came in with too much confidence and no respect and matchup stye hurt her.

i dont know why people like to drag down others after they lose? I see it with anderson to wanderlai to weidman and so on. Fighters get old, the injuries catch up or style of the fight or other fighter being better happens.

LOL at "ducking"

Cyborg would have turned Ronda's face into ground beef. Way worse than what Nunes did.

I fully agree cyborg wins vs rousey. However i think rousey fight looks different vs nunes if they fought before holly.

i know its a instant boner for you and all the rousey haters but holly "buster douglas" holms lost to tate. What'd rousey do to tate not once but twice?

So is holly not a real fight? Or are you going to spin it? People need to say what it was. Rousey came in with too much confidence and no respect and matchup stye hurt her.

i dont know why people like to drag down others after they lose? I see it with anderson to wanderlai to weidman and so on. Fighters get old, the injuries catch up or style of the fight or other fighter being better happens.

Don't try to spin this like because Tate got that lucky choke on Holm that Ronda is better since she beat Tate. Holm is the first actually fit fighter who had good camp and a gameplan going in to the fight agains Ronda. She humiliated Ronda through the WHOLE fight. Ronda did not get old and faced SHIT competition. She faced smaller girls who had little to no knowledge of MMA. Don't you ever go comparing what Anderson or Wanderlei did to what Ronda did. Those guys faced murderers who could take you freaking head of with one punch.

Don't try to spin this like because Tate got that lucky choke on Holm that Ronda is better since she beat Tate. Holm is the first actually fit fighter who had good camp and a gameplan going in to the fight agains Ronda. She humiliated Ronda through the WHOLE fight. Ronda did not get old and faced SHIT competition. She faced smaller girls who had little to no knowledge of MMA. Don't you ever go comparing what Anderson or Wanderlei did to what Ronda did. Those guys faced murderers who could take you freaking head of with one punch.

Luck or not, holly caught a L to Tate. You can spin it anyway you want but Holly is 0-1 vs tate. So was tate a fake fight and not real? And your too emotionally invested. Rousey, holly would beat you and a lot of sherdoggers.

It doesn’t matter. Cyborg vs Rousey would have looked real ugly. Cyborg might still be on supplements but she hasn’t failed anything recently. She reaches out and trains with honestly the best females in the world on a consistent basis. She really is highly skilled.

And yes everyone calls holly, buster now on sherdog. I called her that before anyone because i knew it would end like it did for holly. Buster has a highlight win over Mike Tyson like Holly did on Rousey. However Tyson and Rousey are better fighters and will be remembered more then holly and buster.

It doesn’t matter. Cyborg vs Rousey would have looked real ugly. Cyborg might still be on supplements but she hasn’t failed anything recently. She reaches out and trains with honestly the best females in the world on a consistent basis. She really is highly skilled.
She is. She is dominant. I dont get the hate for her roiding but other fighters get passes for juicing to the gills.

Lol. She was ducking the weight cut, not Ronda.

The UFC offered Cyborg a fight against Honda in the first ever female fight in the UFC but she turned it down because reasons. Instead Honda went on an absolute tear and became the biggest star of the company when WMMA was still new and fresh in the mainstream. Cyborg was stuck in Invicta with the UFC trying to get her to drop to 135 while Honda was the face of WMMA.

Looking at how everything turned out in the end it's pretty obvious that Cyborg made a huge mistake not fighting Ronda. She could have been a double champ by now.

Could be the definition of a hot take. I like where you are going, but I don't think Cyborg has the right look to be the face of WMMA. Is she a unstoppable monster heel? 100%. And dana should be marketing the hell out of that.

She is. She is dominant. I dont get the hate for her roiding but other fighters get passes for juicing to the gills.
Please name the gills juiced fighter that gets a free pass around here.

Back