Cyborg could have been the face of WMMA if she didn't duck Ronda

OK, you say there was a fight planned and agreed upon by Cyborg and Ronda.

Present the proof.

Where is the agreement, signed or verbalized by Cyborg's camp, Ronda's camp or Strikeforce?
At what weight was the match agreed to?
Where and when was the match to take place?
Why wasn't the fight agreement entered in to evidence at the hearing?

OR...maybe there was no fight and Cyborg's lawyers even said as much. They said they HOPED to line up a fight with Ronda in the near future. You can go to the CSAC website and read the minutes of the hearing yourself.

You're trying awfully hard to somehow disprove what everyone already knows--Ronda wanted none of Cyborg.
The contract hadn't been signed (I never said it was) and therefore no exact date was in stone, but the agreement to have the fight @ 145 was the plan all along (according to Scot Coker) which was why Ronda was asked to drop to 135 (per Scot Coker). cyROID's lawyer said at the hearing that the window for the agreed upon fight was going to close if the suspension wasn't shortened which is exactly what happened. It was AFTER all this happened (and SF got rid of the 145lb div) that Ronda's stance was "make 135 or forget it". People seem to ignore or forget that Ronda went to 135 at Coker's behest (per Coker himself) and act as if it was to avoid cyROID which it wasn't.

The contract hadn't been signed (I never said it was) and therefore no exact date was in stone, but the agreement to have the fight @ 145 was the plan all along (according to Scot Coker) which was why Ronda was asked to drop to 135 (per Scot Coker). cyROID's lawyer said at the hearing that the window for the agreed upon fight was going to close if the suspension wasn't shortened which is exactly what happened. It was AFTER all this happened (and SF got rid of the 145lb div) that Ronda's stance was "make 135 or forget it". People seem to ignore or forget that Ronda went to 135 at Coker's behest (per Coker himself) and act as if it was to avoid cyROID which it wasn't.
The idea was floated at the time Ronda dropped to 135, not during Cyborg's suspension. It was floated as cover for her leaving 145. I doubt they had any real plans to feed Ronda, the star-in-the-making, to Cyborg. Ronda said she needed to gain experience and make a name for herself before she could return to fight Cyborg. That sounds to me like she is talking about more than just one fight against Tate. When Cyborg was caught juicing, Ronda immediately put stipulations on any fight (which is her right) like extra drug testing and that the fight would only happen at 135. There are interviews of her at this time saying those things.

The idea was floated at the time Ronda dropped to 135, not during Cyborg's suspension. It was floated as cover for her leaving 145. I doubt they had any real plans to feed Ronda, the star-in-the-making, to Cyborg. Ronda said she needed to gain experience and make a name for herself before she could return to fight Cyborg. That sounds to me like she is talking about more than just one fight against Tate. When Cyborg was caught juicing, Ronda immediately put stipulations on any fight (which is her right) like extra drug testing and that the fight would only happen at 135. There are interviews of her at this time saying those things.
True, and I mentioned this, but that in no way negates that Coker at the time mentioned that he had asked Ronda to drop to 135 to help set up a much bigger $$ fight between the two as a Champ vs Champ fight and cyROID's lawyer said as much to the NSAC. The fact is, Ronda didn't drop to 135 to avoid cyROID.

True, and I mentioned this, but that in no way negates that Coker at the time mentioned that he had asked Ronda to drop to 135 to help set up a much bigger $$ fight between the two as a Champ vs Champ fight and cyROID's lawyer said as much to the NSAC. The fact is, Ronda didn't drop to 135 to avoid cyROID.
In hindsight, there were probably only two times that the fight could have happened. In Strikeforce at 145 or in the UFC before Holly. Cyborg was mounting an attempt to move to 135 to take on undefeated Ronda. She had a fight with Cindy Dandois lined up and was going to use that to prove she could make weight to fight Ronda. But then Ronda got KTFO and Cyborg bailed on the weight cut and the Dandois fight. So the first time they could have fought, Ronda left the division and the second time she got knocked out and then disappeared. Who knows if Cyborg could have made that weight anyway. Probably not.

Is Ronda Rousey not the most beautiful woman you have ever seen? Tell me about the first time you were blessed to witness her gorgeous looks?
Not everyone has low standards think she is hot. I give cyborg rating of 0 on to 1-10 and Ronda a 2. Ronda is just as ugly as cyborg, she needs go get that MOLE cut off her face. Swear that mole moves around her face.

On thing for sure is that Cyborg in the ufc as the champ. when 90% people and even Dana said she would never be in it. Now Ronda ran off to the wwe with her shitty acting skills because she can't handle the two L's she got. Then if she had stay in the ufc, she knew everyone was pushing for the cyborg fight at 145. Duck ran to wwe.

In hindsight, there were probably only two times that the fight could have happened. In Strikeforce at 145 or in the UFC before Holly. Cyborg was mounting an attempt to move to 135 to take on undefeated Ronda. She had a fight with Cindy Dandois lined up and was going to use that to prove she could make weight to fight Ronda. But then Ronda got KTFO and Cyborg bailed on the weight cut and the Dandois fight. So the first time they could have fought, Ronda left the division and the second time she got knocked out and then disappeared. Who knows if Cyborg could have made that weight anyway. Probably not.
You convieniently left out the time cyROID got popped which killed the planned (per Scot Coker) fight @ 145 in SF

As far as her male colleagues in sport goes, she is and always has been the face of wmma.
This is measuring stick I go by.Dont get me wrong, Ronda is reason why UFC had 2 weight classes and now a 3rd.

The pinnacle of Ronda's career is her Twizzlers commercial.

elanimalsantana said:
You convieniently left out the time cyROID got popped which killed the planned (per Scot Coker) fight @ 145 in SF
Ronda was next up and she bailed. That's what killed that fight.
Bailed where? To where Coker asked her to go to set up a much more lucrative fight for much more $$? Ronda had only 1 fight (if I remember correctly) at that time, so getting a couple of more fights under her belt was wise both professionally and business wise. And as I said and is a matter of public record what killed the fight (and the SF 145lb division) was cyROID getting popped for being cyROID.

The idea was floated at the time Ronda dropped to 135, not during Cyborg's suspension. It was floated as cover for her leaving 145.

<36>

We have Scott Coker on record saying that Ronda dropped to 135 to set up a champ vs champ.
We have Sean Shelby saying the exact same thing
We have Mike Chiapetta confirming that they tried to make Ronda vs Cyborg but Cyborg said no.
We have Dave Meltzer saying the exact same thing

then we have Captain Herb who says no.

{<jordan}

Last edited:
She is hopeful that she could eventually make 135 but promises nothing.

She says she is working down to 140 and that's where the fight with Rousey should happen.

She says that if she were to make 135 someday, she wants to be healthy otherwise it's not worth it because she wants a family after her career.

She says that at 135, she might not be 'Cyborg' but she would have to see when the time comes, if ever.

So basically yes, she is worried that the drop to 135 could compromise her health and she is concerned that she would not perform well. Which makes sense for a fighter. She never says she would 'lose her power advantage'
"I won't be 'Cyborg'"

IE: I won't have the power advantage.

Not "my health would be compromised."

Nice try though.

And her claims of "wanting a family" came before some of those making 135 lb quotes--especially the one where she signs the contract for the UFC stipulating that she would make 135 lbs.

Face it, she never wanted to lose the muscle.

Cyborg worked her ass off to be able to carry enough muscle to not be able to make 135. This is the obvious truth that very few wanted to hear because it was so popular to hate Ronda at the time.

Cyborg worked her ass off to be able to carry enough muscle to not be able to make 135. This is the obvious truth that very few wanted to hear because it was so popular to hate Ronda at the time.
Yup

When she signed with Invicta part of her press conference was to weigh in. Keep in mind, she was out of competition and not watching her weight. She weighed in at 160 lbs.

http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=435889

Then she goes on to show that she weighs 175 lbs years later.

elanimalsantana said:

Bailed where? To where Coker asked her to go to set up a much more lucrative fight for much more $$? Ronda had only 1 fight (if I remember correctly) at that time, so getting a couple of more fights under her belt was wise both professionally and business wise. And as I said and is a matter of public record what killed the fight (and the SF 145lb division) was cyROID getting popped for being cyROID.
Ronda had 4 fights at that point. There's no way Ronda was coming back to 145 for Cyborg whether Strike force wanted it or not
<36>

We have Scott Coker on record saying that Ronda dropped to 135 to set up a champ vs champ.
We have Sean Shelby saying the exact same thing
We have Mike Chiapetta confirming that they tried to make Ronda vs Cyborg but Cyborg said no.
We have Dave Meltzer saying the exact same thing

then we have Captain Herb who says no.

{<jordan}
Post the links

Not everyone has low standards think she is hot. I give cyborg rating of 0 on to 1-10 and Ronda a 2. Ronda is just as ugly as cyborg, she needs go get that MOLE cut off her face. Swear that mole moves around her face.

On thing for sure is that Cyborg in the ufc as the champ. when 90% people and even Dana said she would never be in it. Now Ronda ran off to the wwe with her shitty acting skills because she can't handle the two L's she got. Then if she had stay in the ufc, she knew everyone was pushing for the cyborg fight at 145. Duck ran to wwe.
Afraid of a mole lol
Rousey is a beautiful legend and cyborg just a MW picking on bantamweight. Sad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back