Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

That is total bullshit. Everyone here has probably been kicked out of some place for what seemed like BS at the time.
I got kicked out of a local market because I had a hoodie on. I'm white and wear glasses.

i basically tapped out of this as my willingness to discuss race issues usually doesnt last long. however, as a final point i would liketo say this....it seems that many who think this is no big deal are choosing to just ignore certain aspects as that obviously puts in doubt your claim that there was nothing abnormal about what happened at all

- nobody is claiming that a store can ask you to leave if you don't buy anything
- what is being questioned is why THOSE 2 MEN were the ones chosen to be told to leave when nobody else is. Not from Subway. Not from some random restaurant, but from STARBUCKS. People are being willfully ignorant that Starbucks is all about hanging out with or without purchases.
- now the exception would be if they were homeless or something. These men were not.
- another exception would be if they were acting up. no patrons said they were.

So all these pages in and nobody has answered why THESE 2 GUYS were chosen to be booted other than people assuming they were acting like assholes with no witnesses backing that up.

also, i have read many people saying they jumped to the race card immediately. i could be wrong, but have these guys even spoken out yet? because i havent heard a single thing saying they played the race card

I think you’re asserting that there were white people in the store at that time who also were not buying anything. Was that the case?

I think you’re asserting that there were white people in the store at that time who also were not buying anything. Was that the case?
yes. one lady said she had been there for 2 hours and had not bought anything

i basically tapped out of this as my willingness to discuss race issues usually doesnt last long. however, as a final point i would liketo say this....it seems that many who think this is no big deal are choosing to just ignore certain aspects as that obviously puts in doubt your claim that there was nothing abnormal about what happened at all

- nobody is claiming that a store can ask you to leave if you don't buy anything
- what is being questioned is why THOSE 2 MEN were the ones chosen to be told to leave when nobody else is. Not from Subway. Not from some random restaurant, but from STARBUCKS. People are being willfully ignorant that Starbucks is all about hanging out with or without purchases.
- now the exception would be if they were homeless or something. These men were not.

So all these pages in and nobody has answered why THESE 2 GUYS were chosen to be booted other than people assuming they were acting like assholes with no witnesses backing that up.

also, i have read many people saying they jumped to the race card immediately. i could be wrong, but have these guys even spoken out yet? because i havent heard a single thing saying they played the race card

Since the "paying customers only" restriction on using the restrooms is supposedly to stop junkies shooting up in there and making a mess, perhaps the manager mistook them for junkies?
Strangely enough for a place that advertises itself as a hangout, google tells me this isn't the first time Starbucks has gotten media attention for being arseholes about their bathroom policy.

If you're implying that the manager is racist you probably should've chosen a better thread title. Most people are taking your thread to mean that these bully cops arrested these two guys for no reason and therefore are addressing that issue. We don't know what was going through the manager's mind or what type of person that he is.

I googled the right to refuse service and a company or buisness absolutely has that right provided they are consistent regardless of race or relligion or sex.

So unless you can prove that they are not asking anyone else not black who is loitering to leave, you don't have a leg to stand on.

And since that wouldn't be common knowledge...if someone asks you to leave...you fucking leave.
The issue here is whether they were actually loitering. Waiting for a friend to arrive may or may not be considered loitering.

Thats because white males in their 30s tend to buy coffee and not simply hang around caffes without buying shit.
Well do we have any stats showing Black males in their 30s hang around coffee shops and don't buy coffee?

What if they waited for 2 hours for their friend?

What if the workers had no idea what the two non-patron's story was? (Cuz they didn't)

Why don't minorities just stop being little bitches (their supporters too) and just be like everybody else and stop causing shit.

Order a fucking coffee and wait for your friends no problems.

Oh right.. ..agendas.

Rules for everybody. You or them aren't special.
We don't know how long they waited but 2 hour seem way too long, unless you think the cops took almost 2 hours to get there.

Sometimes causing a stink is the right thing to do, cause no one ever gave away rights or changed policies for meek people.

I always hang out at fastfood joint not ordering anything specially if not packed but for places like your establishments that will serve water I do feel embarassed at times so I will order something so as not to be a cheap bastard to much hahaha.
At least half of those people I give water to come back and dine/drink in. ;)

The perfect example of what happens when there is no father in the home of black males. Victim-hood and no respect for authority prevails.

If you're implying that the manager is racist you probably should've chosen a better thread title. Most people are taking your thread to mean that these bully cops arrested these two guys for no reason and therefore are addressing that issue. We don't know what was going through the manager's mind or what type of person that he is.

Not that it really matters, but the manager was a white female.

I don't call that racist , that is racist .

Just own it if that's what you believe , it's an anonymous forum after all .

How's it racist to know that races are different? I don't care if people think I'm racist. I'm open about my views on it and don't hide from the truth like most others do. If something is a fact, then it's not racist and don't be scared to admit it.

I think the most racist people are people from the left. They treat you differently based on your race.

Everyone is so afraid to be called a racist.... when usually the person calling others a racist is actually a racist

I got kicked out of a local market because I had a hoodie on. I'm white and wear glasses.

th

But what if you are going to order something when your friend shows up. These guys weren't homeless people just sitting there, they waited for a friend, who did show up.
Why not order while u are waiting. Why are u hell bent on telling a business they HAVE to let non paying customers sit and take up space

For those of you saying the should have left cause they didn't buy anything:

The Starbucks official acknowledged that the incident is at odds with a common practice at Starbucks. The stores are “community” hubs, the official said, where people often drop in to use the WiFi or chat with friends without necessarily buying anything.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nscious-bias-training/?utm_term=.ce0b33e10a44

And I know the people that will want to dismiss this will say "well they were told to order something!" when was the last time you were in a starbucks and were told to order something?

I've never been in any establishment like a Starbucks where they serve food or drinks that I didn't order something. I would never consider doing that either. Buy a soda or a coffee. Even at a restaurant where I'm with someone and we had a meal, when it's busy, we don't hang around after the meal. If they allow people to hang out without buying anything, the place would turn into a homeless shelter.

This isn't a civil rights case like the men who weren't served at the lunch counter many years ago. Those men wanted to buy something but weren't served.

Why not order while u are waiting. Why are u hell bent on telling a business they HAVE to let non paying customers sit and take up space
Maybe they wanted to order when their friend showed up, people do wait for others in a group to show up.

And read my post above on Starbucks company practice of selling themselves as a community hub where people can lounge there without buying anything.

Notice no one is responding to this. Especially what the chief of police said.

It's as if people can't admit they prejudged this by watching the 2 min video and reading the crazy headlines

In fact, the title of this thread is click bait

Back