Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

There ya go.

You don't know.

It's a none issue until you do.

All I read is a story where the manager asked two patrons to leave the store and they refused. They don't have that right. If you are asked to leave a store and you refuse I consider that a hostile act and the police need to be called because I as a manager have the right to remove you from the premises. You as a patron do not have a right to argue my authority.

Now if those two men left the store on their own as asked and investigated and noticed that the store manager wasn't asking whites that were loitering to leave...then they would have an argument I could get behind.

REFUSING TO LEAVE ONCE ASKED is the issue I have with these two attention seeking assholes. They don't own starbucks. they don't manage starbucks. they responsibility in this situation as members of society was to leave once requested to do so. failure to do that simple fucking task is aggressive and combative.

They had a valid reason to be there, they were waiting for a friend, who did show up. After the manager asked them to leave and they explained they were waiting for a friend, they may have thought that explanation was enough and would not have assumed they still needed to leave.

Maybee @panamaican might know about the legal aspects
Does a manager or store employee have the right to ask someone to leave without a valid reason? A store is not a private home, it is a venue that invites in the public.

get ready for a live blowjob from a rich liberal cuck. LOL at the identity politics left.
The right has been into identity politics for a hell of a lot longer. What do you think the "Southern Strategy" is . What do you think Trump was doing when he pandered to White Nationalists. What do you think Segregation was and the response from social / Christian conservatives.

You can’t do that.
You order something in order to be allowed to sit down.

Otherwise homeless people could just sit in restaurants all day and night claiming they are “just waiting for a friend”.

It’s really simple.
But what if you are going to order something when your friend shows up. These guys weren't homeless people just sitting there, they waited for a friend, who did show up.

The right has been into identity politics for a hell of a lot longer. What do you think the "Southern Strategy" is . What do you think Trump was doing when he pandered to White Nationalists. What do you think Segregation was and the response from social / Christian conservatives.
Nice knee jerk whataboutism buddy.

I personally would have left or bought something, but that's not what I was discussing or quoting.

The guy I quoted assumed they were "being unruly and rude" and is basing it on nothing other than their appearance. People that were there, said they were just quietly waiting for their friend. They're supposedly real estate brokers or something, but people on here have referred to them as hoodrats. I wonder why?

Well maybe the term "hoodrat" is with regards to how they decide to act within society which according to you, seems to be slightly "off" the norm.

As you said, when faced with the same situation, you seem to be polite and non combative enough to have either bought something or left the store...where as they felt entitled to defy the manager of the establishment and carry on by their own rules.

I wouldn't call that a hoodrat though, I'd call that an asshole.

As a white, 30 year old male, I doubt I would have had the cops called on me for sitting in a starbucks without buying a coffee.

Thats because white males in their 30s tend to buy coffee and not simply hang around caffes without buying shit.

They had a valid reason to be there, they were waiting for a friend, who did show up. After the manager asked them to leave and they explained they were waiting for a friend, they may have thought that explanation was enough and would not have assumed they still needed to leave.

Maybee @panamaican might know about the legal aspects
Does a manager or store employee have the right to ask someone to leave without a valid reason? A store is not a private home, it is a venue that invites in the public.

I googled the right to refuse service and a company or buisness absolutely has that right provided they are consistent regardless of race or relligion or sex.

So unless you can prove that they are not asking anyone else not black who is loitering to leave, you don't have a leg to stand on.

And since that wouldn't be common knowledge...if someone asks you to leave...you fucking leave.

Now you are now saying you generally have a place to charge your phone and wifi, and if you have to go somewhere, you usually buy something? I mean, I would say you are pretty trashy if you make a habit of going any not purchasing something. Which brings me back to my original point.

Because, if you read the first few pages of the thread, people were acting like just hanging around to use wifi and bathrooms, without purchasing anything, is a normal practice of sorts. As if there are several people at a time in Starbucks just there to chill, without the purchase of something. Just because it is a business model of a "third space", I don't think they intend a free lounge.

So I don't know how you got to assuming I don't go out much or travel.

I think the difference here is that I am saying it's not usually a habitual thing, but it does happen, especially if you are on the road and not near your home. I don't think someone is trash for needing to use the bathroom or wifi somewhere without buying anything, as long as it's not excessive. If it's a habit or done on purpose, sure then I think you might have a point.. but if you have traveled before, you know situations arise where it could and does happen.

The management had a right to legally ask them to leave and trespass them if they don't.

What company policy is may be something different or get changed now.

I think the difference here is that I am saying it's not usually a habitual thing, but it does happen, especially if you are on the road and not near your home. I don't think someone is trash for needing to use the bathroom or wifi somewhere without buying anything, as long as it's not excessive. If it's a habit or done on purpose, sure then I think you might have a point.. but if you have traveled before, you know situations arise where it could and does happen.

And you if you have manners buy something in most cases.

i basically tapped out of this as my willingness to discuss race issues usually doesnt last long. however, as a final point i would liketo say this....it seems that many who think this is no big deal are choosing to just ignore certain aspects as that obviously puts in doubt your claim that there was nothing abnormal about what happened at all

- nobody is claiming that a store can ask you to leave if you don't buy anything
- what is being questioned is why THOSE 2 MEN were the ones chosen to be told to leave when nobody else is. Not from Subway. Not from some random restaurant, but from STARBUCKS. People are being willfully ignorant that Starbucks is all about hanging out with or without purchases.
- now the exception would be if they were homeless or something. These men were not.
- another exception would be if they were acting up. no patrons said they were.

So all these pages in and nobody has answered why THESE 2 GUYS were chosen to be booted other than people assuming they were acting like assholes with no witnesses backing that up.

also, i have read many people saying they jumped to the race card immediately. i could be wrong, but have these guys even spoken out yet? because i havent heard a single thing saying they played the race card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back