Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

Racist liberals being racist and calling this behavior conservative. Not surprised.

This thread should be about Starbucks calling the cops on these black dudes not about cops doing their jobs.
That being said, if I were the cops I would not have made the guys leave. I would have told the SB manager that this is a meeting place for everyone and that is what they advertise. FUCK Starbucks.

Right or wrong and I don't go to Starbucks I don't know how common it is to just hang out.
If you're in establishment and you're not ordering and they asked you to order or leave. it is what it is.

So legally no problems......
Now the question is did they call the police because they were black? We can speculate.

My thought is manager wanted them to leave (not arrested) and that's what they called the police. (I bet there is a starbucks policy) The police took the unnecessary step of arresting them. I blame the police for cuffing them if they could have just required them to leave.
The police told them to leave, they refused. That is why they were arrested. No one wanted to proceed with charges, so they were processed and released.

Ok, but why do we care? Let’s say it is as you say, Its still just one manager, in one store, in one city, who may have gone against their “model” and asked someone to leave he shouldn’t have. National news and dozens of Sherpages?

The current massive obsession with identity politics.

This thread should be about Starbucks calling the cops on these black dudes not about cops doing their jobs.
That being said, if I were the cops I would not have made the guys leave. I would have told the SB manager that this is a meeting place for everyone and that is what they advertise. FUCK Starbucks.

Cops can’t refuse to enforce the law. Unless the manager just straight out said “I want them to leave cause theyre black” they have to ask them to leave and if they still refuse to leave they are obligated to remove them.

Cops can’t refuse to enforce the law. Unless the manager just straight out said “I want them to leave cause theyre black” they have to ask them to leave and if they still refuse to leave they are obligated to remove them.

I'm so glad I am not a cop.

Then I make the manager tell me (on body cam) that he wants me to remove the dudes.

I think this situation is going to win this years Rage Olympics. Such a ridiculous story to blow out of proportion. It's on the front page of CNN.

Send this fucking thread to the dump already. For such a non-story I can't believe it's still active :D

Black men arrested in Philadelphia Starbucks agree to meet with CEO

The two black men arrested at a Philadelphia Starbucks last week have agreed to meet with the company’s CEO for a “face-to-face” apology.

Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson said on Monday's “Good Morning America” that he hopes to meet with the two men arrested to personally apologize.

"I'd like to have a dialogue with them so that I can ensure that we have opportunity to really understand the situation and show some compassion and empathy for the experience they went through," Johnson said.

A spokesperson for the company told CNN that the meeting has not been scheduled yet.

Johnson also told “Good Morning America” that he will order store managers to undergo “unconscious bias” training because it was "completely inappropriate to call the police."

"I'll say the circumstances surrounding the incident and the outcome at our store on Thursday were reprehensible," Johnson said. "They were wrong, and for that, I personally apologize to the gentlemen that visited our store."

I'm so glad I am not a cop.

Then I make the manager tell me (on body cam) that he wants me to remove the dudes.

That’s usually already relayed through dispatch. Generally these calls would come out as “subjects refusing to leave, mgr wants them removed.” So you know going in the business wants them to leave and they are refusing. People usually give up on keeping it real when told it’s either leave or be arrested for trespassing but sometimes you get a stubborn/Crazy person who choose to be arrested for whatever reason.

My girlfriend worked for Starbucks for a few years. Her location would give people 15 minutes and then ask them to leave. For those saying it looked slow and not busy that makes it easier for the workers to know who is in there and in general how long they have been in there.

My girlfriend worked for Starbucks for a few years. Her location would give people 15 minutes and then ask them to leave. For those saying it looked slow and not busy that makes it easier for the workers to know who is in there and in general how long they have been in there.
Plus you have no idea if that’s all they did. They could have asked them to buy something after ten minutes and he told hem to fuck off.

Right or wrong and I don't go to Starbucks I don't know how common it is to just hang out.
If you're in establishment and you're not ordering and they asked you to order or leave. it is what it is.

So legally no problems......
Now the question is did they call the police because they were black? We can speculate.

My thought is manager wanted them to leave (not arrested) and that's what they called the police. (I bet there is a starbucks policy) The police took the unnecessary step of arresting them. I blame the police for cuffing them if they could have just required them to leave.

It's actually pretty common for people to hang out and not buy anything. The problem is if the Star Bucks is in a busy location those people would be occupying up space and hurting the business.

I have no issue with this.

If only my local McDonalds would call the cops on the hordes of teens who loiter. So okay they were waiting for a friend, I say tough shit I really do. Wait outside until your pal comes or order something when inside, something small to drink/nibble on till your friend comes.

As for 'this only happened because they were black' well...maybe, but I would go one further and say this only happened because they were black males in their prime years (anything from 15-45 is game).

This is a ageism and sexism issue to. Serious. Groups of young men are more likely to have people on edge and be 'suspected'.

Two middle aged, or even elderly black women would be less likely to be asked to leave.

It looks like the CEO is full in damage control mode. He'll probably cut them a nice check in turn for a positive statement. This doesn't set a very good precedent though. People shouldn't get rewarded for not following directions.

Even if the store manager was 100% right in this situation she will probably still lose her job on the grounds that the corporation doesn't want to appear racist. The word racist is basically the new N-word for white people.

That being said, if in fact this lady was a down to the bone racist and just didn't want black people in her store, then I hope she loses her job. I just find that hard to believe, seeing as coffee shops are usually very liberal places.

Last edited:
I go to starbucks everyday, it's full of people who are just loitering

this is patently absurd

As a white male to a white male, you know that you wouldn't have been asked to leave in the first place.

effin wrong! You can't say "you know this, you know that". You got a cystal ball or something?

I myself used to be a 13 year old trouble maker. I got asked to leave many public places for just loitering. Laundry mats, McDonalds, Dairy Queens just to name a few. And you know what I did? I LEFT!

Back