Conor says he will outweigh Floyd by 20+ pounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
So did Canelo. Look what happened. Yeah, Conor, you're right. Being heavier is all it takes. This is the mentality that tells me right away you're gonna lose. You don't understand the game nor why Floyd is undefeated. You're going out there with a bully mentality and you're gonna get toyed with by the smarter, faster, slicker and more skilled fighter, that has spent his life testing himself against elite boxers from different weight classes.

Canelo sat in the center and tried to outbox the boxing master. He used none of his physical tools effectiveley. Don't get mad I embarrassed you again though.

They haven't been proven to not work in boxing because boxers don't fight at the same range as mixed martial artists. We'll see what happens. I'm not saying Conor wins bud. Mayweather likely moves to 50-0 and that's that. I'm just saying if Conor wants to make it competitive, fighting like Canelo or Paq isn't going to get it done. You can't box the guy.

When the fuck did i say to fight like Canelo or Manny? The way i said Conor should fight Floyd was like how Maidana, Oscar and Castillo fought Floyd. Many people think Castillo beat Floyd, Oscar was a split decision and Maidana was one of the toughest fights Floyd has ever had.

And please tell me how this MMA range will help Conor in the slightest? Floyd see's his punches easier and will counter the hell out of Conor since he will be overextending (like he often does) and shifting his weight to far forward

They haven't been proven to not work in boxing because boxers don't fight at the same range as mixed martial artists. We'll see what happens. I'm not saying Conor wins bud. Mayweather likely moves to 50-0 and that's that. I'm just saying if Conor wants to make it competitive, fighting like Canelo or Paq isn't going to get it done. You can't box the guy.

Manny went after Floyd got him to the ropes multiple times so did canelo. They both lost.

De la Hoya had a good plan he used his jab and tried to back floyd up to the ropes and go to the head and body.

Floyd adjusted and won the fight.

Conor is not skilled enough to fight in this manner

Canelo sat in the center and tried to outbox the boxing master. He used none of his physical tools effectiveley. Don't get mad I embarrassed you again though.

How do you think Conor will use his physical tools in this fight?

How do you think Conor will use his physical tools in this fight?

They don't understand size does not win fights the skills do.

The skills pay the bills floyds skill level will destroy Conor's size.

then floyd will out - gas him by 20 minutes

nothing is for free in life

Maybe. Look I'm not saying Conor wins. I'm telling you that trying to box with Mayweather is a losing proposition. All the best teams of boxers with the best coaching for the sweet science have failed. You can't box the man, you have to fight him like he owes you money. He's 49-0, he likely wins this thing no problem but don't be surprised to see McGregor doing odd things that no other boxer would even try.
Maybe other boxers were trying not to get d'qed.

Yep, Mixed martial artists fight at a completely different range than a boxer does, surely you know this. I'm telling you, there is no boxing Floyd Mayweather. Obviously McGregor has to use boxing fundamentals but I think you are going to see McGregor doing things that someone like Canelo would never even think of doing because he's surrounded by boxing coaches all day. Mixed martial artist will generally bounce around at kick range, much further away than a boxer would stand. You might ask then how does he punch him if he's at kick range. The same way all mixed martial artists punch while staying at kick range. Its a completely different form of fighting and striking and if McGregor is smart he will make full use of it.

You really think that karateka or muay thai fighters haven't got the idea to bring their background stance when they fight in boxing ??

Lmao

Canelo couldn't do shit because Floyd is just that much better. Conor won't do shit either.

Canelo couldn't do shit because Floyd is just that much better. Conor won't do shit either.

Exactly. I already said. Conor won't box Floyd though. He's going to fight Floyd. Watch and learn my little friend.

Exactly. I already said. Conor won't box Floyd though. He's going to fight Floyd. Watch and learn my little friend.

Conor won't do shit. That strategy was already tried by multiple fighters and they all failed. Conor doesn't have the experience, knowledge or skill to hang with someone that has been boxing full time since ever. His best bet is a 1 punch KO that will never happen. He's got nothing for Floyd. Slow, predictable, stiff. Easy work.

Conor won't do shit. That strategy was already tried by multiple fighters and they all failed. Conor doesn't have the experience, knowledge or skill to hang with someone that has been boxing full time since ever. His best bet is a 1 punch KO that will never happen. He's got nothing for Floyd. Slow, predictable, stiff. Easy work.

What strategy? Sing it to me baby . Lmao

When you're below amateur level and need to get all possible advantages lol

Size really matters in MMA because of the grappling, much less in boxing. Force equals mass times acceleration , twice as fast four times the impact .

Actually, I would use Impulse,

F times change in Time = change in momentum, P

Manny went after Floyd got him to the ropes multiple times so did canelo. They both lost.

De la Hoya had a good plan he used his jab and tried to back floyd up to the ropes and go to the head and body.

You're talking about fights when Floyd wasn't 40. He's 40 now.

How old will Floyd have to be before people stop automatically assuming he's the same exact fighter? 45? 50?

Lol. Canelo is a lumbering clod compared to McGregor. Floyd has had the privilege of being above average, but not great, at a time when boxing was at it's absolute worst. When he could make a career clowning below average 'champs' like Canelo.
Wow. Its post like this that make people believe thag mcgregors fanbase is a joke

I think he was just posturing about the 170 talk. It seemed like someone leaked to floyd that conor was weighing around 160...and he felt the need to defend that.

He looks a little more cut and defined than a couple of his heavier ufc fights...and his face is not as full. Even his nutritionist said their goal was to keep him lighter and closer to weigh-in weight because the weight won't matter as much in boxing. He'll need to stay quicker. That might've been from a couple months back.

You guys keep comparing what other boxers did as evidence why Conor can't do it and that's what I keep telling you, Conor isn't a boxer, he's a fighter. You don't box Floyd, if anything you throw a punch then elbow him as you come through and then tell the ref it was an accident and then in the next round you punch him in the dick a couple times. Soften him up some, reduce his skill level.

Back