Conor says he will outweigh Floyd by 20+ pounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
You mention inconsistency as if weight is supposed to remain consistent. The Nate fights were his first time outside of 145 in the UFC. He's had time to get bigger since then. The chances of him just gaining 6 pounds after weigh-ins are zero.
Yes but we have eyes and logic.

A couple of years ago when he was fighting at 145 we were lead to believe he was easily 170+. And then we can visually see he bulked up after he left 145, by his own admission he ate like a pig, and he looked bigger than we'd ever seen him against Nate, and yet he only weighed in at 168. So either he's not as heavy as we thought he was, or he actually did cut weight for the Nate fights and he's lied to create the David vs Goliath narrative.

Again you can see the difference between Alvarez and Nate fights, he came in lighter with his abs more visible.

Lockhart has said in 3 seperate interviews recently that he expects Conor to barely cut any weight for this and be 160 absolute max. So one of Lockhart and Conor is blatantly lying, they've contradicted each other.

Lol. Canelo is a lumbering clod compared to McGregor. Floyd has had the privilege of being above average, but not great, at a time when boxing was at it's absolute worst. When he could make a career clowning below average 'champs' like Canelo.

Canelo a lumbering clod? Maybe in mma, but this is boxing... And while he ain't pac or rigondeaux, he has ample footwork in boxing. Watch his fights against trout and cotto, cutting of the ring well and the angles he uses.

Connie ain't a track star either in the footwork dept.

Going heavy will be a huge mistake. if irish jabroni thinks that he'll be tooled by Floyd, yes, he can do dirty tactics but most of them will be called by the ref (locking the arm with the armpit) besides, most of those tricks are used by Floyd; the only option here is to make the fight sloppy to confuse Floyd but i don't think irish jabroni has the gas tank to keep the pace high enough AND to avoid Floyd to nullify the sloppiness.

Canelo a lumbering clod? Maybe in mma, but this is boxing... And while he ain't pac or rigondeaux, he has ample footwork in boxing. Watch his fights against trout and cotto, cutting of the ring well and the angles he uses.

Connie ain't a track star either in the footwork dept.

i agree, especially in the Cotto fight. irish jabroni has awful footwork, does a lot of unnecessary moves.

Conor still claiming Nate Diaz was 200 pounds, lol
How much do you think he weighed ? Nate has clearly said that he is around 176 lbs on fight night when he fights at 155 . He was clearly bigger in the second fight

Floyd is 40 now, though. 40. He's not the same guy that fought Canelo.

his sparring partner says he's more in shape and on point for this fight than he was for Manny. And Manny landed like, 17 punches in total that night.

Canelo also outweighed him by 20 pounds
Matt-Hughes.gif

And conor doesnt even fight in a way that takes advantage of his weight.
Like Floyd said on all access you got to hit me first to sleep me.

Floyd is going to be at least 3 steps at the minimum ahead of Conor I kind of think that added bulk conor is talking about will slow him down.

Plus with the bodywork Floyd is planning to do I don't see conor holding up.

This fight will be a TKO

Floyd's bodywork is going to be the end of Conor by round 7

But apparently most of Floyd's opponents never have the right strategy, despite claiming to have the blueprint to beat him. You know what? Like Mike Tyson says, everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mount. Everyone seems to have the key to beat Floyd. Fighters, analysts, fans. Everyone seems to know what a fighter needs to do. And yet, nobody does it. You know why? Floyd doesn't allow it. He is just too damn good. He shuts people down in ways you don't even understand, because you're simply watching the fight. You're not the one hitting air and getting punched in the mouth. You're not the one crumbling from frustration.

I mentioned Maidana had the right strategy and he did very well using his size in that fight along with volume. So its not a case that no one has the right strategy. Oscar had a good strategy as well and that fight was close. Anyways... Conor using his size effectively will only make this fight more competitive, I dont think its the path to give to victory. He's gonna have to do more.

Conor has the right idea, will it be effective?? We'll have to wait and see.....all these guys can do is try. But I think we both know the likely outcome.

his sparring partner says he's more in shape and on point for this fight than he was for Manny. And Manny landed like, 17 punches in total that night.
If 40 year old Floyd fought 35 year old Floyd, who would you put your money on?

I mentioned Maidana had the right strategy and he did very well using his size in that fight along with volume. So its not a case that no one has the right strategy. Oscar had a good strategy as well and that fight was close. Anyways... Conor using his size effectively will only make this fight more competitive, I dont think its the path to give to victory. He's gonna have to do more.

Conor has the right idea, will it be effective?? We'll have to wait and see.....all these guys can do is try. But I think we both know the likely outcome.

So you have experienced, high level boxers using the "right strategy", and they still can't get the job done. What makes you think that a guy with no real professional boxing experience that only now started to train like a pro will do any better than every other elite boxer that has tried?

Do you also think that a surfer could just go against an olympic swimmer and win? Maybe GSP would beat the greatest wrestler ever in a pure wrestling match. Maybe Ronda Rousey would direct a film better than Christopher Nolan. Maybe Ronaldo would beat the best basketball player in the world in a 1 vs 1 basketball match.

not sure, but 40 year old floyd is fighting 29 year old Conor and id put my money on Floyd.

It's not as simple as your simplistic mind wants it to be. His sparring partner claimed his

Floyd was 38 when he faced Manny. That question is irrelevant. It's perfectly possible that he is just as good as he was 2 years ago. 2 years is not that long.

Yes but we have eyes and logic.

A couple of years ago when he was fighting at 145 we were lead to believe he was easily 170+. And then we can visually see he bulked up after he left 145, by his own admission he ate like a pig, and he looked bigger than we'd ever seen him against Nate, and yet he only weighed in at 168. So either he's not as heavy as we thought he was, or he actually did cut weight for the Nate fights and he's lied to create the David vs Goliath narrative.

Again you can see the difference between Alvarez and Nate fights, he came in lighter with his abs more visible.

Lockhart has said in 3 seperate interviews recently that he expects Conor to barely cut any weight for this and be 160 absolute max. So one of Lockhart and Conor is blatantly lying, they've contradicted each other.
You're over-complicating this. The hard evidence is that he was 168 without cutting weight for the Nate Diaz fights. Those were also the FIRST fights he took in the UFC outside of 145. Since moving to 155 and being there for a while, it would be very safe to assume that he has gotten bigger.

If anyone is lying it's Lockhart. Do you seriously believe Conor only gains 6 pounds after weigh-ins?? C'mon, be honest.

It's not as simple as your simplistic mind wants it to be. His sparring partner claimed his.
My point is that sparring is sparring. Take it with a grain of salt. Don't treat it like gospel.

Maybe Ronaldo would beat the best basketball player in the world in a 1 vs 1 basketball match.

Lebron wouldn't know what to do if Ronoldo uses his football defense in Basketball. Lebron has never seen someone defend like that before. I think Ronoldo could give Lebron some real problems on the court by being so "unorthodox"

Last edited:
One thing all of Floyd's opponents say, he was stronger than I expected. I wonder if the same will hold true in 2 weeks. Conor might be surprised

So did Canelo. Look what happened. Yeah, Conor, you're right. Being heavier is all it takes. This is the mentality that tells me right away you're gonna lose. You don't understand the game nor why Floyd is undefeated. You're going out there with a bully mentality and you're gonna get toyed with by the smarter, faster, slicker and more skilled fighter, that has spent his life testing himself against elite boxers from different weight classes.
200w (1).gif

Back