Conor says he will outweigh Floyd by 20+ pounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date

I've never heard fighter use a fight-night weight comparison as evidence of why he will win.

Most boxers don't cut the amount that MMA fighters do. Some MMA fighters cut HUGE amounts. I think this is one lesson boxing should learn from MMA. I guarantee you Floyd won't be cutting much and Conor will be significantly larger.

It's amazing how you claim someone with no boxing record is great and someone with over 40 wins and just one loss is "average".

Uau, then tell me: Who did Conor beat that is a better boxer than Canelo? And why? Eddie Alvarez? Zombie Nate Diaz?

Dude, you're clearly delusional and know absolutely nothing about boxing.

That statement dude made was pure ignorant conor would get knocked out cold by canelo.

Dude also said Floyd is above average?

These mcgregor fans are just purely ignorant.

Conor doesn't quite understand boxing. He is used to a sport where most competitors don't have good hands and he can simply overpower them and knock them out. He thinks boxing is the same thing.

If he's smart, Conor won't box Mayweather, he will fight him. That's why the Canelo's of the world all lost to Mayweather, they tried to outbox him. Fuck that, Conor has to fight him and there is a distinct difference between boxing with a man, and fighting him.

If he's smart, Conor won't box Mayweather, he will fight him. That's why the Canelo's of the world all lost to Mayweather, they tried to outbox him. Fuck that, Conor has to fight him and there is a distinct difference between boxing with a man, and fighting him.

Lol, Floyd has faced plenty of guys that went at him pretty hard. Conor will try to "fight" him, he will get countered everytime, gas out, get frustrated and be an easy win to Floyd.

In takes skill to execute that gameplan it also puts yourself at risk. Conor is not the Roberto Duran.

Floyd is like a surgeon he will operate on conor

Lol, Floyd has faced plenty of guys that went at him pretty hard. Conor will try to "fight" him, he will get countered everytime, gas out, get frustrated and be an easy win to Floyd.

Maybe. Look I'm not saying Conor wins. I'm telling you that trying to box with Mayweather is a losing proposition. All the best teams of boxers with the best coaching for the sweet science have failed. You can't box the man, you have to fight him like he owes you money. He's 49-0, he likely wins this thing no problem but don't be surprised to see McGregor doing odd things that no other boxer would even try.

In takes skill to execute that gameplan it also puts yourself at risk. Conor is not the Roberto Duran.

Floyd is like a surgeon he will operate on conor

That's what I'm telling you guys. You keep comparing it to what Floyd did....to.....other.....boxers. You cannot box Floyd Mayweather. You have to come in like a mixed martial artist and throw up karate stances, boxing stances, orthodox, left handed, right handed, and stay at ranges that Floyd never sees. You have to fight the guy like its a MMA match but without the kicks and take downs.

You guys think what I'm saying is crazy but let me tell you what crazy is. Its doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 49 boxers tried, 49 boxers failed. You don't box him....you fucking fight him.

Conor doesn't have the cardio or style to "fight" Floyd

Conor doesn't have the cardio or style to "fight" Floyd

Then he's fucked because you can't box Floyd Mayweather. That is why all other boxers failed. Conor has a special chance to show something new to the boxing community and I know boxing fans scoff at the idea but my gut tells me we will see some unusual things.

You have to come in like a mixed martial artist and throw up karate stances, boxing stances, orthodox, left handed, right handed, and stay at ranges that Floyd never sees.

So........do a bunch of shit that is proven not to work in Boxing?

Seriously ranges Floyd hasn't seen before lol? This is actually one of the dumbest things i have ever read

Then he's fucked because you can't box Floyd Mayweather. That is why all other boxers failed. Conor has a special chance to show something new to the boxing community and I know boxing fans scoff at the idea but my gut tells me we will see some unusual things.

Conors best chance is non stop pressure, dirty boxing and making it a gritty fight. Its the only thing Floyd has ever really looked beatable against. Unfortunately Conor has never show that ability and would probably gas himself out, but its his best shot. Karate stances will get Conor schooled because Floyd will start coming from all angles (Karate stances are horrible for changing angles and lateral movement), standing at "MMA range" won't do anything without kicks and just makes it easy to see Conor coming in.

So........do a bunch of shit that is proven not to work in Boxing?

Seriously ranges Floyd hasn't seen before lol? This is actually one of the dumbest things i have ever read

Yep, Mixed martial artists fight at a completely different range than a boxer does, surely you know this. I'm telling you, there is no boxing Floyd Mayweather. Obviously McGregor has to use boxing fundamentals but I think you are going to see McGregor doing things that someone like Canelo would never even think of doing because he's surrounded by boxing coaches all day. Mixed martial artist will generally bounce around at kick range, much further away than a boxer would stand. You might ask then how does he punch him if he's at kick range. The same way all mixed martial artists punch while staying at kick range. Its a completely different form of fighting and striking and if McGregor is smart he will make full use of it.

Conors best chance is non stop pressure, dirty boxing and making it a gritty fight. Its the only thing Floyd has ever really looked beatable against. Unfortunately Conor has never show that ability and would probably gas himself out, but its his best shot. Karate stances will get Conor schooled because Floyd will start coming from all angles (Karate stances are horrible for changing angles and lateral movement), standing at "MMA range" won't do anything without kicks and just makes it easy to see Conor coming in.

I couldn't disagree more. You want Conor to box Mayweather and that's a fools errand.

that's like....literally 3X Floyd's size.

So, can people finally agree Conor is only brave in front of smaller people?

I couldn't disagree more. You want Conor to box Mayweather and that's a fools errand.

Staying at the outside is a fools errand. NO ONE is beating Floyd from the outside no matter how many stupid stances (that have been proven not to work in Boxing) you throw up. Floyd is basically untouchable from the outside

Last edited:
That's what I'm telling you guys. You keep comparing it to what Floyd did....to.....other.....boxers. You cannot box Floyd Mayweather. You have to come in like a mixed martial artist and throw up karate stances, boxing stances, orthodox, left handed, right handed, and stay at ranges that Floyd never sees. You have to fight the guy like its a MMA match but without the kicks and take downs.

You guys think what I'm saying is crazy but let me tell you what crazy is. Its doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 49 boxers tried, 49 boxers failed. You don't box him....you fucking fight him.

That MMA range y'all speak is due to kicks that will not help conor.

Plus that dude karate stance with the hands down conor uses will only make him more of a target.

There is nothing conor can do he is going to lose.

His best hope is to just try to throw everything he can and hope but floyd will just use his movement turn conor work the body conor will gas and it's over

Yep, Mixed martial artists fight at a completely different range than a boxer does, surely you know this. I'm telling you, there is no boxing Floyd Mayweather. Obviously McGregor has to use boxing fundamentals but I think you are going to see McGregor doing things that someone like Canelo would never even think of doing because he's surrounded by boxing coaches all day. Mixed martial artist will generally bounce around at kick range, much further away than a boxer would stand. You might ask then how does he punch him if he's at kick range. The same way all mixed martial artists punch while staying at kick range. Its a completely different form of fighting and striking and if McGregor is smart he will make full use of it.

LOL do you know anything about Floyd? How does standing at a further range help Conor? Floyd will see every punch Conor throws from that far back and counter the hell out of him. Boxing has been around forever. All theses stupid "unique" styles have been tried and failed

For real, how does standing at "MMA range" help Conor in the slightest?

Staying at range is a fools errand. NO ONE is beating Floyd from range no matter how many stupid stances (that have been proven not to work in Boxing) you throw up. Floyd is basically untouchable from the outside

They haven't been proven to not work in boxing because boxers don't fight at the same range as mixed martial artists. We'll see what happens. I'm not saying Conor wins bud. Mayweather likely moves to 50-0 and that's that. I'm just saying if Conor wants to make it competitive, fighting like Canelo or Paq isn't going to get it done. You can't box the guy.

Back