Conor says he will outweigh Floyd by 20+ pounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
You really think that karateka or muay thai fighters haven't got the idea to bring their background stance when they fight in boxing ??

Lmao

I think this, if you try to use a traditional boxing method to beat Floyd you are going to lose every single time. I also think Boxing is the least realistic example of unarmed combat with both MMA and MT being closer to the real thing. Conor did say one thing right though, if this was a real fight Floyd would be dead in under 60 seconds.

Canelo would knock Conor's head clean off. The only reason Canor is even boxing right now is cause he's fighting somebody 20 lbs smaller. And he's still gonna get stopped.
Yup. DLH was chomping at the bit to get his boy the huge pay day. I remember Dana and Yair showing up to Canelo's last fight as if it was some kind of barganing tactic.... That is until Yair got exposed a week later. Once the Mayweather fight was announced Oscar flew off the handle.

Last edited:
Sure, was that fight day though after cutting to 170?
Doubt he put back 30 lbs

Its generally a percentage of body weight. 10% is a fairly common number to cut in water weight. Some guys gets nuts with it and go up to 12%, even 15% but then it starts to get dangerous. That's why a big guy like Lesnar can weigh 295, cut 10% water weight and weigh in at 265. If Nate weighed 190 and cut 10% then he would weigh 171. He could conceivable be 195 or even 200 with a 12% cut. When McGregor cut to 145 I'm pretty sure he was closer to a 15% cut which is why he looked like a concentration camp victim.

So yes, to answer your question, some guys put back in the 20-30 pound range. (But I don't think Nate ever cut that much. So basically I'm saying its possible but not likely because of who Nate is.)

Its generally a percentage of body weight. 10% is a fairly common number to cut in water weight. Some guys gets nuts with it and go up to 12%, even 15% but then it starts to get dangerous. That's why a big guy like Lesnar can weigh 295, cut 10% water weight and weigh in at 265. If Nate weighed 190 and cut 10% then he would weigh 171. He could conceivable be 195 or even 200 with a 12% cut. When McGregor cut to 145 I'm pretty sure he was closer to a 15% cut which is why he looked like a concentration camp victim.

So yes, to answer your question, some guys put back in the 20-30 pound range. (But I don't think Nate ever cut that much. So basically I'm saying its possible but not likely because of who Nate is.)
Your post is good but the explanation was unnecessary as all I said was I doubt he put 30lbs back on. I'm aware of some fighters doing crazy cuts though.

Yah, Conor is P4P KIng right now but he is lying. He said he weighed 174 in ring vs Aldo but okay weighed a max 168 both times vs Nate. He is very likely 160, as Floyd said, and is just trying to sell tickets or get an advantage.

Just watched that interview with the dude that cooks for Conor.

Even he said 'man, floyd is small...'

Your post is good but the explanation was unnecessary as all I said was I doubt he put 30lbs back on. I'm aware of some fighters doing crazy cuts though.

Yea I doubt Nate cuts that much. Conor though has definitely cut to concentration camp levels.

latest

There goes Conor's cardio.

This isn't MMA where coming in with extra weight gives you a grappling advantage, not to mention he has to fight for twelve rounds.

Pretty sure he is done with those days lol

Even at 155 Conor likes to cut a rather larger amount of weight. Its just part of the way he fights. Like I said, some guys do and some guys don't, Conor definitely does.

Conor is very inconsistent when talking about his weight.

He made out for a while he was huge, 170+.

Then he claimed he cut no weight for Nate, weighing in at 168 both times. Even claimed he was 167 in the cage after the 2nd fight.

The Nate fights are the biggest we've seen him. He was noticebly smaller against Alvarez, much more visible abs, and his interviews he talked about his weight and body fat coming down in preparation. Kavanagh said he was lighter 1 week out from Alvarez than he had been for any of his fights at 145. Assuming he was 168 for the Nate fights, he was probably closer to 160 for Alvarez.

Lockhart interviews for this fight has said he wants Conor to be no higher than 160 for the fight.

Yah, Conor is P4P KIng right now but he is lying. He said he weighed 174 in ring vs Aldo but okay weighed a max 168 both times vs Nate. He is very likely 160, as Floyd said, and is just trying to sell tickets or get an advantage.
You could be the only person on Sherdog that thinks he will just gain 6 pounds after weigh-ins.

You can see it in his eyes. McGoober has been taken out of his element and he knows something isn't right. The man looks lost.

Floyd is bigger himself than previous years, he has always been a small guy, but he is slightly bigger these days around the shoulders and arms. its noticeable.

I buy it. Big LW's fight at 180 lbs or more. We know for a fact that Chandler, Lee, RDA, Diakiese and Dober weigh that much in the octagon. It's not believable that Conor is 20+ lbs lighter than those guys.

Boxers don't cut like wrestlers/mma fighters do because they need the 12 round gas tank. If Conor is making the MMA cut, he better hope he catches and finishes Floyd in 3 rounds or less, otherwise he'll be gassed out by the 5th and Money will dissect him the rest of the way, toy with him until he puts him out of his misery.

Conor is very inconsistent when talking about his weight.

He made out for a while he was huge, 170+.

Then he claimed he cut no weight for Nate, weighing in at 168 both times. Even claimed he was 167 in the cage after the 2nd fight.

The Nate fights are the biggest we've seen him. He was noticebly smaller against Alvarez, much more visible abs, and his interviews he talked about his weight and body fat coming down in preparation. Kavanagh said he was lighter 1 week out from Alvarez than he had been for any of his fights at 145. Assuming he was 168 for the Nate fights, he was probably closer to 160 for Alvarez. Whatever Lockhard says is irrelevant. Conor isn't gaining just 6 pounds after the weigh-ins.

Lockhart interviews for this fight has said he wants Conor to be no higher than 160 for the fight.
You mention inconsistency as if weight is supposed to remain consistent. The Nate fights were his first time outside of 145 in the UFC. He's had time to get bigger since then. The chances of him just gaining 6 pounds after weigh-ins are zero.

Back