Conor McGregor ; New Version Compared To Old Version

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Hes also stronger I bet. He walks around 190 and unlike Khabib hes like 10% body fat
Khabib has better offensive wrestiling but he wouldnt be able to use it effectively on Eddie
Eddie is 5'7 and Khabib is 5'10. Eddie was also taken down about 12 times by Mike Chandler between their two bouts.
As someone that has watched Alvarez' career since DREAM, Khabib is not a good match up for him.

Eddie is 5'7 and Khabib is 5'10. Eddie was also taken down about 12 times by Mike Chandler between their two bouts.
As someone that has watched Alvarez' career since DREAM, Khabib is not a good match up for him.

Micheal Chandel is the absolute worst possible matchup for Khabib EVER. No one in the LW division is stronger than that guy and man hes just a bulldog, he never stop. Never ever

I think he beats Khabib 95/100 times. So to say Eddie was taken down by him does not mean much. That guy is just way to strong, way to explosive, has cardio for days. Think kevil lee, but stronger, amazing cardio, good chin, unlimited heart, and KO power.

Its almost hard to believe hes a real person

Micheal Chandel is the absolute worst possible matchup for Khabib EVER. No one in the LW division is stronger than that guy and man hes just a bulldog, he never stop. Never ever

I think he beats Khabib 95/100 times. So to say Eddie was taken down by him does not mean much. That guy is just way to strong, way to explosive, has cardio for days. Think kevil lee, but stronger, amazing cardio, good chin, unlimited heart, and KO power.

Its almost hard to believe hes a real person
I agree that stylistically Chandler is a tougher match for Khabib... But Eddie isn't Chandler so I'm not sure where you think you're going with that.

View attachment 450841
Where was this wide bouncy foot work in and out movement? He was smiling and laughing while in a striking exchange with someone who hadn't lost for 10 years
View attachment 450843
Where was dark eyed lazer focused Conor in the walkout?
View attachment 450845
He could barely make eye contact with the camera in the 229 walkout and his focus was elsewhere
View attachment 450847
It seems like this was no longer a "this is my octagon" kind of ritual that he did before 229, he was just going through the motions
View attachment 450853

There was definitely something much different in McGregors focus for this fight and it showed

I don't think he could find his own pace. Thoughts?

It's the same dude.. just not fighting midgets anymore and he was never that good outside of striking...don't kid yourself the khabib fight was predicted by the Mendes fight ...here's my thread from before the khabib fight

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/im-sorry-but.3833175/

I agree that stylistically Chandler is a tougher match for Khabib... But Eddie isn't Chandler so I'm not sure where you think you're going with that.

Im saying his TDs are alot stronger than Khabibs and he poses very legit KO danger on the feet. Hes very explosive when covering distance so more attention has to be paid to his standup which allows him to get more takedowns.
Eddie beat Chandel once as well and I think Chandler is a much tougher fight than Khabib

I know for a fact Conor was not 100% for this fight. Oh well, it was still a good knock. Look forward to the rematch.

He knew he was in for a long night.
He wouldn’t/couldn’t use the same stance and footwork against a guy he knew could easily take him down.

I know for a fact Conor was not 100% for this fight. Oh well, it was still a good knock. Look forward to the rematch.

Nxe4.gif

Weak excuses

Against Aldo he was moving in and out, forward and back

Conor's lateral movement is terrible and Khabib exploited it 15 seconds into the fight and took him into cardio hell

via GIPHY
See more GIFs
Conor fucked up. He moved into a slight ortho stance, thought khabib was gonna shoot for the right leg. Conor moves his front leg back and tries to sprawl but khabib gets a hold of the left leg.

Idk what Conor was doing, he had a decent chance to attack Khabibs left wrist for a kimura style defense but gives it up for a body lock stall position. No underhooks, no guard pull. Really bad situational decisions.

View attachment 450845
He could barely make eye contact with the camera in the 229 walkout and his focus was elsewhere

Looks pretty good for a guy who just received a call from an individual with a Russian accent threatening to murder his pregnant wife and son in the event he beat Khabib.

View attachment 450841
Where was this wide bouncy foot work in and out movement? He was smiling and laughing while in a striking exchange with someone who hadn't lost for 10 years
View attachment 450843
View attachment 450845
View attachment 450847
It seems like this was no longer a "this is my octagon" kind of ritual that he did before 229, he was just going through the motions
View attachment 450853

There was definitely something much different in McGregors focus for this fight and it showed

You can't have a wide stance against a takedown heavy guy especially a single leg guy like khabib.

His arrogance disappeared come fight time he knew he was in over his head.

Satin sheets and 100+ million in the bank will do that to you. The hunger/fire is gone. He's playing a character now instead of actually believing it.

The same thing happened to Mike Tyson. Mike has given some interesting interviews talking about he went from wanting to kill people to not wanting to get hurt or hurt his opponent. I think this was Conor's Holyfield 1.

View attachment 450841
View attachment 450843
View attachment 450845
View attachment 450847
View attachment 450853

Till also looked different too when he fought Woodley...I wonder why the strikers look different? Hmmmmm....

Back