Conor McGregor ; New Version Compared To Old Version

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
OR, I am just going to throw this out there, he just came of a two year layoff, made a shit load of money in that time, and took the fight on 10 weeks notice. Now, I am not saying that your wrong, but you also have to admit that could have played a part here as well. Like I posted earlier, go look at the Alvarez fight and tell me that you think he looked the same physically and mentally.

Mentally? The fk knows I'm not a phycologist.
Physically? Just because he didn't fight well? Well I believe he didn't fight well because he was fighting a bad matchup for him and that's it.

View attachment 450841
Where was this wide bouncy foot work in and out movement? He was smiling and laughing while in a striking exchange with someone who hadn't lost for 10 years
View attachment 450843
Where was dark eyed lazer focused Conor in the walkout?
View attachment 450845
He could barely make eye contact with the camera in the 229 walkout and his focus was elsewhere
View attachment 450847
It seems like this was no longer a "this is my octagon" kind of ritual that he did before 229, he was just going through the motions
View attachment 450853

There was definitely something much different in McGregors focus for this fight and it showed

I don't think he could find his own pace. Thoughts?
I don't think he trains with anywhere near the intensify of old, I think he trains hard but deep down he knows that he's not the same fighter and when walking down to fight Khabib had a realisation of that.
This isn't a post to discredit Khabib I just think it's ridiculous to believe multi millionaire Conor trains anywhere near as intense as broke Conor trying to make a name for himself.

Different mcgregor
Not focused
Promoting whiskey...

Blah blah blah.

All i see is his huggers making excuses.

He got beat, take the L like he did.
Yeah, we know, and we've took the loss.

These discussions are more about what happens going forward, will he ever be back to this version of Conor or is he done?

It's an MMA forum, we can do more than post gifs for likes....

He was the same, but this time he was fighting someone different than all the midgets he beat before.

It's the cocaine, man.

Colby was right all along.

pfffft he did the same wanker millionaire strut bullshit....isnt that enough?

Khabib fucked him up on the feet in every exchange, he's not the conor mcgregor i used to know

You mean like aldo wasn't the same as prime aldo? or is this only relevant when its conor?

The same way a 2 year lay off only becomes relevant for conor, wasn't relevant for 40 year old floyd,

If there was a fake video out there of conor showing he could fly his fans would believe it too.because they think conor is a god and is undefeated.any version of conor would stil get mauled by kalabeeb

Lol at people saying its a different conor, posting gifs of guys willing to strike with conor. With khabib he could not do what he normally does against the guys who fought before because he knew khabib was not willing to play that striking game and was waiting for the take down attempt. When he got lit up on his feet that was because of the wrestling in the prior round tiring him out. Khabib forced his game on conor and conor could not deal with it simple as that.

Nah. It was and still is the same McGregor. He just got smashed by a superior fighter. Deal with it and cope.

I think the big difference was that unlike all of his previous opponents, Khabib had way more things going in his favor. Sure that undermined McGregor's confidence, but the underlying problem was the discrepancy in their skillets. Connor never had that good of a chance to begin with. It was nowhere near a 50:50 fight, despite predictions, odds, etc.

Back