Colby turns down UFC 228 title fight because he needs a “vacation”

is he being stripped?

why is not accepting the fight

i don't get it

Colby needs a vacation from fighting 1 time this year. Reasonable enough.

is he being stripped?

why is not accepting the fight

i don't get it
Because he fought RDA like a month ago and they want him to fight Woodley in September, which is ridiculously close. Colby wants to fight Woodley in November.

The interim champion isn't ready to fight when the real champion is, so his glorified number 1 contender belt is 100% irrelevant.

He's not ducking but I think he's not cut out for this mentally. He definitely has a little bit of momentum right now but I think a break will hurt his career

Woodley is trying to force another opponent to a short notice fight.

#nerdbash2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyronda is getting some vaginaplasty done with the Kardashians and doesn't have time to fight Colby until in November or December. Tyronda also wrapping up his new movie called "UFC is Modern Day Slavery" starring Wesley Snipes and that fat bitch Precious.

Woodley intentionally delayed surgery by 5 months to delay fighting.

He could have fought RDA in June in place of Colby but he wanted to prolong his "reign" and now that he's healthy, he's trying to claim Colby is ducking a fight with him after Colby just fought 5 rounds last month.

Let me ask you this; when is the last time an interim champ fought 3 months after winning the belt?

I can't think of any so this is UFC's way of trying to pressure Colby into fighting on UFC 228 since there is no main event yet.

Conor fought Aldo 5 months after beating Mendes for the interim belt

Condit fought GSP 9 months after winning the interim belt

Whittaker fought 11 months after winning the interim belt

Woodley intentionally delayed surgery by 5 months to delay fighting.

He could have fought RDA in June in place of Colby but he wanted to prolong his "reign" and now that he's healthy, he's trying to claim Colby is ducking a fight with him after Colby just fought 5 rounds last month.

Let me ask you this; when is the last time an interim champ fought 3 months after winning the belt?

I can't think of any so this is UFC's way of trying to pressure Colby into fighting on UFC 228 since there is no main event yet.

Conor fought Aldo 5 months after beating Mendes for the interim belt

Condit fought GSP 9 months after winning the interim belt

Whittaker fought 11 months after winning the interim belt
<mma4>

He's worn out from filing charges, give him a break guys

He just needs some rest he is not ducking anybody .
Dude fights once a year, isn't even champion and needs a rest?

What will he do if he becomes champion?

You're supposed to be hungry when you're making your way up, not wanting vacation because you fought once.

Dude fights once a year, isn't even champion and needs a rest?

What will he do if he becomes champion?

You're supposed to be hungry when you're making your way up, not wanting vacation because you fought once.
He fought a month ago keep calm . Tyquill hasnt fought in one year he is the one who should get stripped

Why does anyone give a shit about this guy? He’s going to get smoked by Woodley and then they will stop giving him LWs and old men and he’ll keep getting smoked.

He fought a month ago keep calm . Tyquill hasnt fought in one year he is the one who should get stripped
Woodley had surgery. If Queefington wants a title shot he should make a sacrifice.

He's not injured and fighting in september would still give him 3 months between his last fight. Most fighters would accept a title shot 3 weeks after their last fight.

Colby might have only fought once in 2018, but the time he put into promotional work goes unmatched compared to the rest of the roster

Hardest working heel in the game deserves to wait until November.

All the Chaos he’s caused with #NerdBash2018 has everyone yearning for more. Get on your knees and beg King Chaos.

Colby would rather get stripped of the IT, than fight Tyron. Colby is done, and so are his adolescent fanboys.

How does Colby running from a fight turn into a Woodley bashing thread? But, Woodley is a racebaiter, right? Fuck out of here. MMA fans are mostly scumbag racists and you hate being told the truth about yourselves.

Do you want me to provide other examples? Check the original post. There’s many more I can reference too. My point is that three months between a fight isn’t ideal, but it is reasonable and very doable, and has been done many times before. So it’s very ironic that such a shit taking troll who has been pestering about this fight for a year, turns it down when it is offered.

Stop deflecting.

In modern MMA, it is completely and demonstrably rare for a champion to fight a 5 round title fight, then be in the cage again 3 months later, in another 5 round title fight.

You can't compare apples to oranges and use examples of non-title fights which has completely different implications.

Back