Colby Covington crossing too many lines?

his next fight will have a lot of hype behind it. so much more than if he had said, "i love you Brazil." the more times you call him a knuckledragger, the better off he is. Covington was never going to be the face of anything better than Condom Depot anyway.

put it this way,

a 100% spike in views for colby is still fuck all next to any real draw. maia/colby peaked at 550k viewers. colby has maybe doubled his following since then, which on twitter/instagram is still sub 50k.

he may see a return on his next fight, but long term he's fucked himself. i can call him a knuckle dragger a million times, i'm still only one view and i was going to be watching regardless.. and that's true for most of the people paying attention to all this. casuals sure as fuck aren't

think i got yellow carded for shitting on both colby and platibum fans hahahahaha.

Wut. He's an amazing fighter. He's 13-1 in arguably the roughest division in the sport.

Hurka durka

roughest division in the sport doesn't really mean much when he hasn't fought the top guys in the division lol

maia is a good win, and then.. DHK?? he's not 13-1 over top fighters.

he's got skills, but his record is inflated at the moment and that's why he's being very selective of who he trash talks/isn't signing fights

The biggest accomplishment Colby will ever achieve is getting Boomeranged.

Well, he seems to be trying to wait for a title shot, that he's not going to get next. So he's trying to keep himself relevant. Nobody cares about his win over Maia anymore, it's old news. Still, sitting on the sidelines and kicking a guy when he's down, it's a bad look IMO.

Uhh yeah, those are great wins. So was Griffin at the time, so is Barbarena. He dominates fights too. He could easily be champ. Doesn't have too many MMA miles on him either.

Try again.

Max Griffin was not a great win, the fuck? that was his first fight in the UFC and it was the second fight on the fightpass prelims. Barbarena is even less impressive, he's like the #39th ranked WW. even maia, despite being on a good run recently, is 40+ (which is funny considering colby discredited woodley for lawler being old when woodley beat him at 34 lol)

"try again" lmao try what again, i'm playing the reality game not the delusional redneck nuthugger game. you literally think the dude is a genius, though, because he spends all day on twitter trying to insult people and making photoshopped pics for his instagram lmao. valuable opinions you've got, dude

Last edited:
colby is lame, however we live in a society where an olimpic speed skater thinks s coin toss is racist. There more lines to cross than a 700 thread count bedding

Nah who gives a shit. You either love or hate him. If he's digging his own grave, let him.

Like all Sherdog threads, the idiots and trolls are going to complain that this is even being asked, but put those losers aside...

Is he crossing lines that shouldn't be crossed?

I think he is. The MMA Hour kinda touched on this a few months ago, and I'm wondering if this could end badly for him. Accept it or not, but there really are lines that can be crossed that go beyond entertainment, and the recipients of these "crossed lines" can snap. I can honestly see someone saying "consequences be fanned" and freaking jumping this guy or worse. He's either truly full of hate or he's ignorant of the bad consequences he may illicit for the sake of entertainment.

What do you think?
He hasn’t said anything bad. He was treated badly in Brazil and expressed that. If you don’t like it then fuck off. He’s not racist. He’s not an idiot. He’s living his life and we are talking about him

I thought he did talking shit about Pewter Perry's girl then after I thought about it some more and changed my mind - she put herself out there as his coach and we are allowed to talk shit about coaches.

Female Edmond is a legit target.

Back