C'mon guys Conor isn't ducking anyone.

If you don't think Mcgregor is a global star similar to Mayweather, there's no point debating.

idjut.gif

If you think Conor could pull in 30-40 million dollar checks by fighting in the UFC there's no point debating either.

If you think Conor could pull in 30-40 million dollar checks by fighting in the UFC there's no point debating either.

He certainly could if they pay 50% of event revenue to the fighters

If you don't think Mcgregor is a global star similar to Mayweather, there's no point debating.

idjut.gif
He isn't. You think the same sponsors will come into the UFC with the Reebok deal? Guaranteed most of the money Mayweather made were from sponsors, PPV buys is not boxings bread and butter. Conor is fucked, the most the UFC will pay him is 15-25 million and that is for the Diaz fight, against Khabib(who is a sleeper draw guaranteed if he beats ferg and becomes a champ the Russian PPV buy will make him bigger than Conor) and Ferguson(above average at best draw) he's not making more than 10 mil, he wants an easy win but Dana isn't having it. Now when it comes to stardom... casual fans are fickle as fuck if he loses against Ferg or Khabib it'll be a serious blow.

He isn't. You think the same sponsors will come into the UFC with the Reebok deal? Guaranteed most of the money Mayweather made were from sponsors, PPV buys is not boxings bread and butter. Conor is fucked, the most the UFC will pay him is 15-25 million and that is for the Diaz fight, against Khabib(who is a sleeper draw guaranteed if he beats ferg and becomes a champ the Russian PPV buy will make him bigger than Conor) and Ferguson(above average at best draw) he wants an easy win but Dana isn't having it. Now when it comes to stardom... casual fans are fickle as fuck if he loses against Ferg or Khabib it'll be a serious blow.

Lol khabib and Ferguson are not sleeper draws, casuals have absolutely no clue who they are. Frankie would be the bigger draw of the three

Lol khabib and Ferguson are not sleeper draws, casuals have absolutely no clue who they are. Frankie would be the bigger draw of the three
I said Khabib is a sleeper draw Ferg is above average by a little, once Russia has a champ in the US it won't matter what the casuals think. Russia is fanatical with it's global athletes, Fedor kept Pride alive for years after they had no business to, the smaller shows he comes to are kept alive because of him. Even his fucking brother is a draw because the Russians love two things, getting shitfaced and fighting. Just you wait.

They wouldn't go bankrupt paying one person his actual worth
Switching to pay fighters 50% of event revenue is not possible with the way the UFC is working atm.

You guys are also forgetting , he didn't say UFC said no he was asking too much , they said we can't pay you that much with short notice . And Connor really has no reason to lie as he would have zero problems saying they don't want to pay me my kings ransom etc

Switching to pay fighters 50% of event revenue is not possible with the way the UFC is working atm.

How is it working atm? You mean how they made the most profit in UFC history on 2017?

I'm not ducking anyone either. Just give me 30 million to fight whomever you can find.

How is it working atm? You mean how they made the most profit in UFC history on 2017?
They still don't have a stable enough infrastructure. This is an international conpany and there are more things they need to pay for other than fighters and venues. There are quite a bit of people that need to get paid. In the future we will probably see the numbers skewed more in the fighters favour, but it just isn't realistic atm.

They still don't have a stable enough infrastructure. This is an international conpany and there are more things they need to pay for other than fighters and venues. There are quite a bit of people that need to get paid. In the future we will probably see the numbers skewed more in the fighters favour, but it just isn't realistic atm.
Ok then just pay Connor , he will 5x the ppv buys. This is 200k buy card without him

Ok then just pay Connor , he will 5x the ppv buys. This is 200k buy card without him
The question is what he wants to get paid. My guess is that the amount is way too high to be considered reasonable by the execs. He deserves to be paid his due but there is a limit.

P.S good to have a formal discussion on sherdog every once in a while. Respect

We got ourselves a Sherturd. Fellas!!

It is all about money for him. He would fight King Kong for the right price. He called everyone out from day one. Then the idiots at the UFC let him box for 100 mil..

Back