C'mon guys Conor isn't ducking anyone.

He's been ducking all LW for almost 2 years. Dana let him have that Floyd fight because Dana knows the Elite LWs will beat his ass and ruin their golden goose so it was only way to continue to make money off him, and him for himself. Now his back is against the wall and talking about midgets again. Conor is the biggest fraud in combat sports and the worst champion ever. What champion never defend belt for two years in their prime. None is history.

Only children and idiots think otherwise, Conor would have been back defending his belt a while ago if the UFC had came to an agreement on a new contract.

Conor knows the longer he sits out, the more pressure the UFC are under to pay him what he's worth or lose out financially in the long run...

It seems that a lot of MMA fans can't get their heads round this because MMA has never had a global superstar who knows his worth and has the fuck you money and nerve to hold his ground.

Funny thing is we were all crying out for someone who could and would stand up to the UFC's draconian contracts and unfair practices for years, and once it happened 90% of MMA fan's (at least on sherdog) fold like a piece of paper if it means they don't get the fight they want when they want it.

He isn't. You think the same sponsors will come into the UFC with the Reebok deal? Guaranteed most of the money Mayweather made were from sponsors, PPV buys is not boxings bread and butter. Conor is fucked, the most the UFC will pay him is 15-25 million and that is for the Diaz fight, against Khabib(who is a sleeper draw guaranteed if he beats ferg and becomes a champ the Russian PPV buy will make him bigger than Conor) and Ferguson(above average at best draw) he's not making more than 10 mil, he wants an easy win but Dana isn't having it. Now when it comes to stardom... casual fans are fickle as fuck if he loses against Ferg or Khabib it'll be a serious blow.
"The Russian ppv buy will make him bigger than Conor"

giphy.gif

I believe this whole Conor situation boils down to money. I think Conor is ready to fight when the ufc are ready to do business. I believe Conor did step up to fight Edgar, but he would of likely wanted big money which the ufc might not of been able to offer (short notice fight). How anyone thinks he's ducking Tony or Khabib is just plain dumb. The guy fought Aldo, went up and fought Alvarez, was willing to fight RDA, and most recently faced he greatest boxer ever in a whole different SPORT. Conor clearly values himself high right now, and I think his demands are way higher than the ufc are willing to pay, especially in a fight against Tony. I think all parties are preying for Khabib to win to set up a huge Russian event so that way they can pay Conor. I think we will only ever see Conor now is big big fights because he has clearly priced himself out of any bog standared fights. The ufc created this beast so they only have themselves to blame. Conor was never gonna come back from a £70m fight for buttons.

IN OTHER WORDS.....HE PRICED HIMSELF OUT OF THE FIGHT............

he could be fighting Edgar IF he really wanted to .... just Less $$$ then he asked( which would of STILL been MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE UFC makes). FUK CONOR. Cut him Dana.......... Oh wait....... lol.. I forgot ITS ALL ABOUT THE $$...So that will never happen.

lol if you fight floyd mayflower you have earned a minimum one year sabatical imo

If you think Aldo and Alvarez proposed the same threat as Khabib and Ferg then it's surprising you have the mental capacity to know how to tie your shoes.
Hindsight is 20/20.
It’ll be the same after he KO’s Ferg or Kebab and someone new steps up.

OH MY BRAIN FART.... >I have a question....

Doesn't Conor HAVE A CONTRACT? Doesn't that contract already HAVE $$$$ and number of fights worked out? Doesn't Conor have major $$$ in the bank now?

SO WHY DOESN'T DANA BEND CONOR OVER THE JUDGES DESK AND EITHER MAKE HIM HONOR HIS CONTRACT OR TAKE CONORS $$$$ BANK$$$??????? VIA LITIGATION.?

lol if you fight floyd mayflower you have earned a minimum one year sabatical imo

no.............helllllllllllllllllllllllllll NO... fuk Floyd.. The UFC integrity(cough cough GAG) is at stake here... Make Conor Fight ... or cut his azz or sue his azz

no.............helllllllllllllllllllllllllll NO... fuk Floyd.. The UFC integrity(cough cough GAG) is at stake here... Make Conor Fight ... or cut his azz or sue his azz
ive been wrong before. no biggie. those are valid points

He isn't. You think the same sponsors will come into the UFC with the Reebok deal? Guaranteed most of the money Mayweather made were from sponsors, PPV buys is not boxings bread and butter. Conor is fucked, the most the UFC will pay him is 15-25 million and that is for the Diaz fight, against Khabib(who is a sleeper draw guaranteed if he beats ferg and becomes a champ the Russian PPV buy will make him bigger than Conor) and Ferguson(above average at best draw) he's not making more than 10 mil, he wants an easy win but Dana isn't having it. Now when it comes to stardom... casual fans are fickle as fuck if he loses against Ferg or Khabib it'll be a serious blow.
{<jordan}

This alone show how some of those delusional Conor haters/ Khabib dickriders are.

The idea that Conor is ducking people is so stupid to me. He's put himself in a power position. Respect. Be mad that he hasn't fought in a while, but gtfo with the ducking/scared nonsense.

You didn't need a whole paragraph to try and justify his ducking. Conor Mcgregor is willing to fight almost anyone but will do everything in his power to not defend unless it's his last option.

What good would stepping in to fight Edgar do when his duty is to defend his belt first and foremost? It's been over 500 days now. Long over due.

We are saying he's ducking title defenses and he is. Don't hold the belt if you aren't willing to defend anytime soon. It's that fucking simple.

The guy fought Aldo, went up and fought Alvarez, was willing to fight RDA, and most recently faced he greatest boxer ever in a whole different SPORT.

In every one of those fights he had something to gain and nothing to lose. None of those fights involved the risk of losing a title. And everyone of those fights besides Aldo he had a built in excuse if he lost. That is why he is ducking the legit contenders at LW right now. They can actually take what he has.

Only children and idiots think otherwise, Conor would have been back defending his belt a while ago if the UFC had came to an agreement on a new contract.

Conor knows the longer he sits out, the more pressure the UFC are under to pay him what he's worth or lose out financially in the long run...

It seems that a lot of MMA fans can't get their heads round this because MMA has never had a global superstar who knows his worth and has the fuck you money and nerve to hold his ground.

Funny thing is we were all crying out for someone who could and would stand up to the UFC's draconian contracts and unfair practices for years, and once it happened 90% of MMA fan's (at least on sherdog) fold like a piece of paper if it means they don't get the fight they want when they want it.

Dumbest shit I ever heard for ducking.

actually fighting is better than "holding out" aka ducking

Conor coulda had 3 fights by now plus floyd in 15 months he's been ducking. Thats a lot more money than 1 fight with Floyd and holding out. You really think he's going to make more on 1 fight than the 10 million plus PPV x 3 fights his contract is for? So 30 million plus 3 times PPV he did before? Nonsense.

So you want the UFC to pay 50% of their event revenue to Conor everytime he fights? Hahaha FOH
This is the kind of simple minded thinking I'm talking about.

Let me lay it out for you using random numbers as an example.

Let's say UFC 222 headlined by Cyborg does 250k genrating $10m in net profits.

And lets say UFC 222 with Conor vs Edgar does 1.5m buys generating $60m in net profits.

So in this scenario the UFC can choose to keep 90% of $10m = £9m

Or they can choose to pay Conor 50% of $60m and make $30m.

Do you get it now?

The only reason the UFC declined Conor's offer is that the ticket prices are already set and on sale, and they know they can charge much more for tickets in a card headlined by Conor.

In every one of those fights he had something to gain and nothing to lose. None of those fights involved the risk of losing a title. And everyone of those fights besides Aldo he had a built in excuse if he lost. That is why he is ducking the legit contenders at LW right now. They can actually take what he has.

So his career plan has been to win titles & never defend them? What's so terrible about losing a belt? It happens pretty frequently. You have very little respect for Conor's competitive spirit, but fair enough.

{<jordan}

This alone show how some of those delusional Conor haters/ Khabib dickriders are.
The UFC has been trying to break into the Russian market for years, they always buy PPV's for their countrymen in boxing and mma. Ever seen a Russian event? They sell out stadiums every time, if they get Khabib who is a demolisher as champion guaranteed his worth will skyrocket.

OH MY BRAIN FART.... >I have a question....

Doesn't Conor HAVE A CONTRACT? Doesn't that contract already HAVE $$$$ and number of fights worked out? Doesn't Conor have major $$$ in the bank now?

SO WHY DOESN'T DANA BEND CONOR OVER THE JUDGES DESK AND EITHER MAKE HIM HONOR HIS CONTRACT OR TAKE CONORS $$$$ BANK$$$??????? VIA LITIGATION.?
No contract can force a man to fight..

It's either renegotiate and pay him or he retires and the UFC loses 100's of millions...

Its hilarious that you think cutting Conor would be some sort of punishment, it would be like all his Christmas's came at once.

Back