Christmas Party Story

That drunk guy is the reason why we can't have nice things and office Christmas parties anymore...

State what you saw and try to leave out your personal feelings. In today's retaliatory corporate environment, better to stay out of trouble.

Also, pics of the asses that were grabbed?
Solid advice sir.

We had our office Christmas party 14 days ago. I was the MC, and it was pretty great. However, there was one unfortunate incident: a guy in his 50’ies got drunk and grabbed the asses of two young women there (both in their 20'ies). I don’t know this guy that well, but he’s nice enough normally. He had a difficult year with a stress diagnosis and is a single father to two boys. He was quite drunk, though, never seen him like that before.

One of the girls was really upset and told him off to his face. When I heard what had happened, I got hold of him, told him to apologize and steered him out the door, which he acquiesced to.

I spoke to the girls over Christmas, and they are ok, but they’ve sent a complaint to management, and I’ve been called in as a witness.

Here’s my dilemma: I kind of feel bad for the guy. He was a drunk douche, for sure, but to me he’s more pathetic than anything else, and the fact that he’s a single father to teenage boys and already had a terrible year… I find myself not wanting anything too bad to happen to him. At the same time, it wasn’t my ass that was grabbed so maybe it’s none of my business.

I’m friendly with the two women and especially one of them is not inclined to be merciful… I don’t know what management is thinking, but I could maybe have an opportunity to put my thumb on the scale a little bit, and maybe I could even get the girls to let up a bit. But I just dunno. The guy made his own bed for sure.

So what say ye, Sherdog? When I go in to testify, I’m definitely going to state the facts of what happened… but should I also call for mercy or just state the facts and let the chips fall where they may?
Just adding pictures to your story as follows......

We had our office Christmas party 14 days ago. I was the MC, and it was pretty great.
1704436025592.png

However, there was one unfortunate incident: a guy in his 50’ies got drunk and grabbed the asses of two young women there (both in their 20'ies).
1704436083338.png

I don’t know this guy that well, but he’s nice enough normally. He had a difficult year with a stress diagnosis and is a single father to two boys. He was quite drunk, though, never seen him like that before.

sNKO8X.gif

One of the girls was really upset and told him off to his face. When I heard what had happened, I got hold of him, told him to apologize and steered him out the door, which he acquiesced to.

the-simpsons-moe.gif

I spoke to the girls over Christmas, and they are ok, but they’ve sent a complaint to management, and I’ve been called in as a witness.
1704436550507.png

giphy.gif

Just a case of boys being boys imo.

I hope he gets a good bonus.

But seriously, ask him one he gets fired ‘was this really worth the squeeze?’

Just adding pictures to your story as follows......

We had our office Christmas party 14 days ago. I was the MC, and it was pretty great.
View attachment 1021825

However, there was one unfortunate incident: a guy in his 50’ies got drunk and grabbed the asses of two young women there (both in their 20'ies).
View attachment 1021826

I don’t know this guy that well, but he’s nice enough normally. He had a difficult year with a stress diagnosis and is a single father to two boys. He was quite drunk, though, never seen him like that before.

sNKO8X.gif

the-simpsons-moe.gif

View attachment 1021827

giphy.gif

Scarily accurate...

"they are ok, but they’ve sent a complaint to management,"

No one was hurt. leave it alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back