Chris Weidman "Im a good enough striker to not get KO'd by Anderson"

What Weidman should have said was "I don't know why I wanted this fight so bad because I'm gonna lose." That's the kind of confidence Sherdog wants to hear.

I don't agree with the statement but I'm unsure what else he's supposed to say. He has probably the best chance at beating Silva. If he can use some Sonnen-like pressure, he has a great shot at winning. Well, certainly great compared to what everyone else is giving him.

You're right in the sense that anyone can be KO'ed. Anderson is such a creative striker, but, it takes him a bit to get started. You have to pressure him. If you give him time as many have done, it ends quickly.

I agree, you can't let Anderson get his timing. Easier said then done.

Not only can he avoid the KO, he could possibly KO Anderson

I have never been as terrified this much leading into a fight :(

Agreed. Weidman's stand up skills are underrated. Weidman can easily KO Anderson standing and on the ground.

Silva's only hope is a lucky submission off his back but Weidman's submission defense is second to none. I really hope Anderson wins but Weidman is too deadly everywhere, I'm scared about this fight. Weidman is an absolute destroyer.

I have a strong feeling this fight will end up looking like Silva vs Leites.

Although I believe he have a little chance of beating Silva, he's turning himself in some kinda of annoying fighter. Stop talking like this.

lol at butthurt Anderson fans, all he said was he is not going to get KOed. Anderson doesn't KO people anyway.

Obviously Chris has the chance of proving us all wrong, but as of now he seems to be overestimating his ability and undermining Anderson's.

If Weidman doesn't go for takedowns right away im gonna be pissed off.

Is it really when you consider the td threat?

silva-rocked.gif

Yes.

lol at butthurt Anderson fans, all he said was he is not going to get KOed. Anderson doesn't KO people anyway.

We're not counting stoppage TKOs then?

Again, my point is that confidence is nice, but assuming you're too good to be KO'd by Anderson is tempting fate considering how many people Anderson finished that simply were never finished before, and in incredible fashion.

Agreed. Weidman's stand up skills are underrated. Weidman can easily KO Anderson standing and on the ground.

Silva's only hope is a lucky submission off his back but Weidman's submission defense is second to none. I really hope Anderson wins but Weidman is too deadly everywhere, I'm scared about this fight. Weidman is an absolute destroyer.

Agree 100%!

I really want Anderson to win but I'm far from delusional. Hopefully Anderson pulls out the fight. He is in for a slaughter

That's easy to say, it is going to be a schock for him when he steps into the cage with Anderson

So since Sonnen, in the first fight, was beating Anderson in the striking standing and on the ground is it your view that since the td threat does not matter, that Sonnen was just the better striker?

its all about a punch?? wow, Anderson haters are more dumb than Anderson fans.

Weidman has the confidence of Sonnen and the skills Sonnen didn't have. This could very well be his time. Regardless, my $100 is going on Weidman because it will be a fair spread.

Weidman has become one of the most annoying fighters. The guy has one "big" win and he's talking like he's cleared out the division. Can't wait till Silva puts this guy in his place.

Talk is cheap my friend, its going to be a different story when july the 4th comes and he standing opposite side of Anderson in the cage.

Back