Chris Weidman "Im a good enough striker to not get KO'd by Anderson"

Weidman you can't talk yourself out of getting KO'd.

time will tell, but chris really shouldnt be that confident on the feet with the greatest striker mma has ever seen.

Hendo was a good enough striker not to get kayo'd either:

Anderson_Silva_henderson.jpg

lol anderson never gets that choke unless hendo gets put on the floor from strikes then rocked again while on the ground

but yeah, true

You're right in the sense that anyone can be KO'ed. Anderson is such a creative striker, but, it takes him a bit to get started. You have to pressure him. If you give him time as many have done, it ends quickly.

Yup. Fighters make the the mistake of being so intimidated by Anderson's standup ability that they give him time to set up his strikes and pick them apart from the outside. Chael didn't do this in the first fight and was a result far more successful than pretty much everyone Anderson's fought in the UFC.

If his opponent don't talk shit, Anderson's ppv cut probably wouldn't be as big. As a fan, I welcome the trash talk, more Anderson Money for the Spider.

1.gif

Seriously though, all Chris said was that he wouldn't get knocked out...He didn't say he would obliterate Silva on the feet.

The guy's just being confident. Idk why everyone has their panties in a bunch

Hopefully, he will stand with Silva. It should be humorous.

I agree- better to be confident than scared.

Nice that he's confident and all. I'm just not buying it. Silva's found a way to finish off several fighters who were previously deemed unfinishable (or at the very least simply hadn't been finished ever) and did it with grace. Claiming you're too good be KO'd against Silva is tempting fate.

Only Anderson fans could to offense to that statement. Ha.

No joke. The guy isn't saying he can out strike him or even beat him. The most boisterous thing he's saying is that he thinks he prevent Anderson from KOing him. AT this point I think that's a victory in and of itself

Weidman has become one of the most annoying fighters. The guy has one "big" win and he's talking like he's cleared out the division. Can't wait till Silva puts this guy in his place.

:redface:

Marquardt andf Belfort, better strikers than Weidman who have been KTFO.

If his opponent don't talk shit, Anderson's ppv cut probably wouldn't be as big. As a fan, I welcome the trash talk, more Anderson Money for the Spider.

If his opponent does talk shit. They're getting KTFO. Weidman would be best served to keep quiet and try to steal it. Now Anderson is just gonna wreck him badly.

Forrest, Bonnar and Franklin all said they thought they'd at least be able to give Anderson a good fight and not one got even remotely close. Sure, Weidman could definitely come forward and catch Anderson but the reality is that is very unlikely. Besides, Weidman would be a complete moron to even try it. His best chance is to try to get Anderson down, which if he has any brains is what his real game plan is.

Is it really when you consider the td threat?

silva-rocked.gif

No joke. The guy isn't saying he can out strike him or even beat him. The most boisterous thing he's saying is that he thinks he prevent Anderson from KOing him. AT this point I think that's a victory in and of itself

Um, Chris is on record as saying that he will fight Anderson in New York (that didn't work out) and give Silva an immediate rematch after he beats Anderson. So yeah, a guy with like 9 wins is running his mouth about how he's going to beat the GOAT. It could happen - but right now Weidman is coming off as obnoxious, except to Silva haters...

(and if Silva picked one of his opponents to beat GSP - Sherdog would absolutely cease to exsit...)

No Chris..you are not
you are going to desperately shoot for takedowns and you know it

Back