Chris Weidman "Im a good enough striker to not get KO'd by Anderson"

I think you are missing the morale of the story. He didn't say he's good enough of a striker to not get KO'd by Anderson in a kick boxing match. Chris is an elite grappler and it stands to reason that will be the cornerstone of his game plan.

He needs to be a good enough striker to not get stopped en route to executing his game plan, ala Chael.

Nothing wrong with him thinking he can stand or beat Silva. But let's not kid ourselves his wrestleing isn't even close to Sonnen's nor is his boxing close to Vitor,Franklin,Leben ect ect

nonono.gif

You getting knocked out, Christopher.

Nothing wrong with him thinking he can stand or beat Silva. But let's not kid ourselves his wrestleing isn't even close to Sonnen's nor is his boxing close to Vitor,Franklin,Leben ect ect

I don't know that we can say its not close to Sonnens. Demian Maia went 0/7 in TD attempts against Chris, where Chris went 4/6 in that fight. How does that measure up with Sonnen x Maia?

Also, I can't recall anyone else handling Munoz on the ground like that. He's been down before but in my brain I can pull up a time that someone kept him there, which Chris did no problem.

If you lace in the fact that Chris has stopped fights with submissions and everyone from Serra to GSP say he's on another level with his grappling, it stands to reason he's one of the top tier MMA adapted wrestlers in the sport right now.

Misc-Laughing.gif

anyone who thinks anderson will demolish wiedman is delusional

Hendo was a good enough striker not to get kayo'd either:

Anderson_Silva_henderson.jpg

Weidman has said this multiple times in past interviews before. IMO, no matter how good of a striker you are, everyone can be knocked out

especially fighting against Anderson

he has to constantly threaten the TD. doesnt even matter if he misses most of them he has to threaten with them. pressure pressure pressure. to help negate the disadvantage on the feet

Forrest, Bonnar and Franklin all said they thought they'd at least be able to give Anderson a good fight and not one got even remotely close. Sure, Weidman could definitely come forward and catch Anderson but the reality is that is very unlikely. Besides, Weidman would be a complete moron to even try it. His best chance is to try to get Anderson down, which if he has any brains is what his real game plan is.

1.gif

Seriously though, all Chris said was that he wouldn't get knocked out...He didn't say he would obliterate Silva on the feet.

The guy's just being confident. Idk why everyone has their panties in a bunch

Back