Chris Weidman "Im a good enough striker to not get KO'd by Anderson"

That is one of the funniest things that I have heard all day.

There's a world of difference between out-striking Maia and choosing to stand with Silva. Silva is dangerous whether he's initiating or countering. He's also (in my opinion) one of the most dangerous fighters off of his back. He remains calm and collected, and is capable of landing punches, elbows and submissions.

I believe Sonnen is a better wrestler than Weidman, and I don't feel Weidman's as relentless as Sonnen. I believe Weidman may have a chance at beating Silva, but in my opinion it's a very small one, and would be by the same gameplan that GSP is routinely criticized for.

Of course there is a world of difference between striking with Silva and Maia. I was responding to a claim criticizing Weidman in that fight. Weidman could certainly be KO'd by a striker of Silva's caliber, no one will deny that. What I am saying is that Weidman, while not being spectacular on the feet, has reasonably solid fundamental skills and defensive tendencies. He isn't a terrible striker by a long stretch and his comments are in no way outlandish.

Weidman has become one of the most annoying fighters. The guy has one "big" win and he's talking like he's cleared out the division. Can't wait till Silva puts this guy in his place.

Let him be confident. He isn't annoying or cocky, his fans are.

does he remember his striking against maia? laughable

If you want to go ahead and explain what was laughable about it, I'm all ears. What technical mistakes did he make fighting a southpaw?

So he's a better striker than Belfort and prime Franklin?

NO but his wrestling and a takedown threat will help his cause. If you're worried about being taken down you hesitate to get off with your hands, that will be what helps Weidmann if anything.

Weidman has no fans, just Silva haters hopping on his back.

As far as top-level, we've only seen a extremely short notice Weidman vs ill Maia which didn't look too great and Munoz. We'll see but I don't think it's as good as he'd like it to be himself against a guy like Silva.

I really hope Weidman pulls off the upset. I really want Silva to lose.

Sounds like a challenge to me; I think Anderson's up to it!

If you want to go ahead and explain what was laughable about it, I'm all ears. What technical mistakes did he make fighting a southpaw?

all Maia used was his left hand and he almost won that fight. if Maia didn't fall in love with his stand up after the Munoz fight he would've won that decision. weidmans left hand was low much of the fight cause Maia refused to throw combos just that flailing overhand left.

Good thing is we already have a date set to find out, my guess is he will.

He's getting KOd in the second for saying this.

chrisww.gif

This will happen, except in reverse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back