CHOCOLATITO = HYPE JOB

It's not like he lost to some bum either by the way.

He encountered someone who had his number. Doesn't mean he's a hype job, just means he's not unbeatable. For virtually every fighter that's ever lived, there's at least one or two people that are your kryptonite. Even then, his first loss to this Thai cat was a close decision, not a clear domination.

Cuadras has already beaten Rungvisai, and Chocalatito beat Cuadras and Estrada (who whopped on Cuadras). Goes to show you, boxings funny like that.

I keep hearing retroactive bullshit of "he was never #1 P4P" well then who was after Floyd retired? Ward is the only guy who can be argued for the position, and he was effectively retired fighting dogshit opposition until he fought Kovalev.

He's had a lot of fights and moved up in weight, probably 1 division too high for him. Definitely NOT a hype job. I also don't think Sor Rungvisai has his number necessarily. I'd blame age and weight more for the loss. Most feel Chocolatito won the first fight.

Having someone's number is Junior Jones over Barrera, Forrest over Mosley or Holyfield over Tyson.

I keep hearing retroactive bullshit of "he was never #1 P4P" well then who was after Floyd retired? Ward is the only guy who can be argued for the position, and he was effectively retired fighting dogshit opposition until he fought Kovalev.

I do think Andre Ward has never been given the respect he deserves. Before the McGregor fight a lot of people argued that Floyd should be automatically P4P #1 the second he decides to un-retire. On the other hand Ward was downgraded as soon as he started having the injury/promotional issues.

As far as i'm concerned, Ward is the clear cut #1 right now, and Lomachenko isn't close to him.

I do think Andre Ward has never been given the respect he deserves. Before the McGregor fight a lot of people argued that Floyd should be automatically P4P #1 the second he decides to un-retire. On the other hand Ward was downgraded as soon as he started having the injury/promotional issues.

As far as i'm concerned, Ward is the clear cut #1 right now, and Lomachenko isn't close to him.
I agree that WArd is definitely underrespected. Ward is definitely #1 right now and I've had him at #1 since Roman lost to Srisaket (I had Roman and Ward as 1a and 1b when Ward beat Kov the first time).

With that said, he definitely wasn't #1 for a large part of Roman's time at #1 because he hadn't fought in years and was fighting a lon series of weak opponents.

Why do you think he was overrated? You can't make a thread like this trashing a fighter without backing it up somehow.

There's no vaild way to back his arguement. TS is a baffoon, or is that your point? haha

Great thread TS. Count how many divisions he moved up. Each time you do increase the probability of him taking a loss, especially by stoppage. That doesn't seem like a ton of weight that he moved up but when you figure out the percentage of body mass it is in relation to his size then it becomes a significant amount. Do the math sometime and see for yourself.

Why do you think he was overrated? You can't make a thread like this trashing a fighter without backing it up somehow.

One day TS turned on HBO and they hyped Roman up. Roman then fought about 4 times before losing. TS is like wtf I thought he was good. Its what HBO said.

That is really how a lot of people are

Wouldnt say hype job as he has had a really good career, but I do think people went way way overboard on him in the last year or so.

Back