CHOCOLATITO = HYPE JOB

Robbie Corleone

Red, White & Blue Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Genuinely can't believe people were saying this guy was P4P #1. Got to be the most overrated fighter since Donaire. When will HBO's promotional team learn you have to fight decent opposition before you can even think about calling yourself P4P #1. Smh.

*farts*

*leaves thread*

He was a great fighter but never p4p #1.

That's Kellerman and HBO's bullshit marketing.

Inoue tried for a year to fight Gonzalez, and he wouldn't stating they couldn't afford him or something. Yeah right, the Thais must have paid BIG BUCKs to get the fight made right, SMH. Fortunately, it backfired on them.

Great fighters are only ever 1 or 2 losses from being classed as a can it seems

Great fighters are only ever 1 or 2 losses from being classed as a can it seems

To be fair, some of his fans literally don't want him to fight top level competition anymore. Just read some of the other threads.

To be fair, some of his fans literally don't want him to fight top level competition anymore. Just read some of the other threads.

Well, the guy is as shot as a firecracker on July 5th, he's outsized at 115 and he's under no obligation to take any other beating. It has hardly anything to do with fandom.

So are you being critical of Gonzalez or HBO?

Genuinely can't believe people were saying this guy was P4P #1. Got to be the most overrated fighter since Donaire. When will HBO's promotional team learn you have to fight decent opposition before you can even think about calling yourself P4P #1. Smh.

You, sir, are an ignorant cretin.

<{nope}>

The P4P #1 talk was BS but I don't think he was massively overhyped. He is a great fighter, just not quite as good as HBO wanted people to believe. He's also been in a lot of wars and 115 was always too much for him. He had to lose at some point, so I don't believe his two losses to Sor mean he was overrated. The guy was a killer before he moved up to 115.

Sigh..... people loose two all of a sudden overrated hype job? Man brutal the guy was an awesome fighter maybe just maybe not p4p but an awesome fighter what the hell os wrong with you Ts?!?

fuck you and all the other casuals talking shit on him now on facebook and IG

Why do you think he was overrated? You can't make a thread like this trashing a fighter without backing it up somehow.

Some fighters just fall off a cliff. Chocalatito didn't look great even before the Cuadras fight, let alone the first Rungvisai fight. He steadily looked worse and worse, that doesn't mean he was a hypejob. Just means he didn't have the best longevity. As for him being P4P #1,....thats purely subjective, you can't say he wasn't in the discussion, he was.

Last edited:
Why do you think he was overrated? You can't make a thread like this trashing a fighter without backing it up somehow.
He did back it up. He's another idiot that gets mad at a fighter because of those fucking annoying p4p discussions.

I never had him close to #1 p4p honestly I have a real problem putting anyone south of 130 in the list. IMO he really ate some shit vs Cuadras and the lady boy closed the book on him.

I think he's in the wrong weight class. He's Also getting older and the little fellas are affected earlier than the larger fighters due to a bigger reliance on speed, reflexes.
He is a great fighter, it just annoys me that when guys lose a couple of fights on the spin they are 'over rated', according to some on here

Last edited:
If you think he's a hype job, it's because you only heard of him when HBO started promoting him. By then he was seeking a championship in his 4th weight class and had already beaten a fellow p4p fighter in Estrada. These kinds of posts are really telling.

He encountered someone who had his number. Doesn't mean he's a hype job, just means he's not unbeatable. For virtually every fighter that's ever lived, there's at least one or two people that are your kryptonite. Even then, his first loss to this Thai cat was a close decision, not a clear domination.

Back