****Canelo vs GGG on September 16*** Official Thread

Who do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never landed anything significant to GGG's head?

No offense but that is fucking ridiculous. That entire post is just flat out wrong. Jacobs landed 146 power punches.

Watch this video. Especially the last half. They even have it in slow motion to make it nice and clear. GGG took a decent amount of clean wrecking ball shots to the head throughout the entire fight. It's perfectly clear and utterly indisputable.

Weird highlight of the fight, it's more of a Danny Jacobs showcase. It didn't even show the knockdown, none of GGG successful work, just all of Jacobs best work.

Weird highlight of the fight, it's more of a Danny Jacobs showcase. It didn't even show the knockdown, none of GGG successful work, just all of Jacobs best work.
The title of the vid says its Jacobs' best moments.

Here's the mockery. Again, what is the theory for why he would have told SAS that or why SAS would have lied about that?
Pride? Starting to lose a step? Been only can crushing his whole career?(not his fault, but he wasn't really a draw until recently)

If it's directly from GGG: exactly what you said it wasn't (him being embarassed by his performances and coming up with excuses).

If it's SAS, he's trying to establish himself as an insider boxing voice, because everybody knows he and skip are a joke when it comes to talking boxing.

Maybe both guys just want to stir up further interest in the fight, keep it going.

But anybody that isn't delusional realizes it's just ridiculous to say. Sorry, if you want to live in a fantasy world, that's fine, but nobody on this planet believes that. You don't intentionally run a decision as close as he did with Jacobs if you're trying to get a fight with Canelo. Then you have a loss and nowhere near the negotiating power. You don't let a big puncher like Brook just unload on you. I can believe it if he fought extra reckless against guys like Geale, but against Jacobs and Brook? No, that's just stupid and you know it.
Exactly! Plus in a sport that 1 loss can make you lose everything, would you really let professional fighters punch you in the face on purpose and risk being KO'd?

Drama and build ups sell fights. This is why there is more discussion about fights that include drama and shit talking etc.

We'll just agree to disagree.
100% agree.
Sir, you (much like myself) were marinated in the sauce of correctitude.

Sometimes it is a bit unfortunate as someone gets beat and there goes the big fight, buuuuuut, boxing is a business first and a sport second so to only see boxing through the perspective of just a fan, then you will walk away disappointed more often than not.

Hype, anticipation, history, shit talk, and even backstory can all add buys to a PPV, and as a fighter and promoter buys
Views and butts in seats are what pay the bills.

I disagree. Jacobs never landed anything significant to GGGs head - GGG blocked most of them with his guard.

Jacobs landed a few good body shots, that's it.
Hahahahahahaha are you serious? You gotta be like 16-17 years old at the most

whose to say that danny jacobs could not be every bit as good as jermain taylor. he has questioonable punch resistance unlike jt but their skillsets are fairly similar.

its difficult to criticize golovkin for not dominating jacobs when we really dont konw how good danny is or will be
Oh my god, what has this forum become.

It would be pretty tough to be more wrong than this.

The title of the vid says its Jacobs' best moments.
My bad should have noticed. Not exactly a great way to demonstrate that Jacobs won the fight though.

GGG takes this.

Canelo is sharp, but couldn't put a dent in Chavez even though he worked him for 12 rounds.
Outclassed Chavez but didn't put him away.

GGG has taken shots from Lemiux, Jacobs, Brook, among others. He has shown he can eat a punch and of course give them back. He has proven himself...

GGG will grind Canelo down. I'm thinking Canelo is going to get rocked in the championship rounds. It'll hurt me deeply when it happens.

My bad should have noticed. Not exactly a great way to demonstrate that Jacobs won the fight though.

He wasn't trying to demonstrate GGG won the fight, he was demonstrating Jacobs punching GGG in the head.

He wasn't trying to demonstrate GGG won the fight, he was demonstrating Jacobs punching GGG in the head.
No I said Jacobs not GGG. He was trying to demonstrate that Jacobs won the fight by posting a completely one-sided video. It doesn't prove anything if you don't include what GGG did to Jacobs or show the shots that Jacobs didn't land properly. No perspective.

No I said Jacobs not GGG. He was trying to demonstrate that Jacobs won the fight by posting a completely one-sided video. It doesn't prove anything if you don't include what GGG did to Jacobs or show the shots that Jacobs didn't land properly. No perspective.

That's not true at all.

I know Jacobs lost on the cards and I believe he lost the fight myself as well. I was not trying to prove he won because I don't think he won. The video was a direct response to someone here literally saying Jacobs did not land anything to GGG's head. The video proved he was full of shit and that is all it was meant to prove.

People weren't using that as a video to demonstrate Jacobs won the fight, they were using it to demonstrate that Jacobs did in fact land some very meaningful punches to Golovkin's head.

That's not true at all.

I know Jacobs lost on the cards and I believe he lost the fight myself as well. I was not trying to prove he won because I don't think he won. The video was a direct response to someone here literally saying Jacobs did not land anything to GGG's head. The video proved he was full of shit and that is all it was meant to prove.
OK got the wrong end of the stick. Fair enough that you were just trying to show Jacob's work. Jacob still landed a lot on the gloves of GGG that some people counted as landing.

80% confident this fight ends in a lackluster UD.

After the crippling disappointment that was May/Pac I'm finding it hard to get my hopes up for this fight, even though I want to.

Chavez face was beaten to shit.

I don't get it. Canelo makes Chavez - a guy sizably larger than himself - all but abandon his offense, and then kicks his ass the entire fight, and people find a flaw in that? It's not exactly like Jr. had a glass jaw.

One guy picked Chavez to win, and afterward said he thought Canelo was better than how he performed. Doesn't make sense.

80% confident this fight ends in a lackluster UD.

After the crippling disappointment that was May/Pac I'm finding it hard to get my hopes up for this fight, even though I want to.
Floyd/Pac had conflicting styles. Canelo and Golovkin are both damn aggressive. Canelo may look to box a bit but I dont see either of these guys avoiding a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back