****Canelo vs GGG on September 16*** Official Thread | Page 11

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by FaTaL FaTaL, May 6, 2017.

1. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    If stay retired if I were Floyd.

2. Adamant Gold Belt

Adamant
    That sounds like some pussy shit from Canelo (if he wouldn't give GGG a rematch). But if Canelo wins, what about fighting Ward?

3. The Can Opener Purple Belt

The Can Opener
    It's always been common for the bigger name to have a rematch clause in case they lose. Canelo is the bigger name so to be fair it's not at all unexpected or in any way different from what usually happens in boxing. It's been that way for many decades honestly. GGG is officially the odd on betting favorite so I can't think of any reason Canelo would want to take that risk twice if he wins the first time.

I don't think any of the main 160 pound guys are really considering skipping 168 and jumping to 175 for Ward. Not only is Ward an incredibly difficult fight for anyone but he's also pretty damn unpopular so they would be taking the risk of being a serious underdog in a superfight but without the reward of superfight money and the fight itself would probably be boring and dirty. Kind of a lose lose lose in my opinion. That being said Jacobs might actually go for it. He is just barely a 160 pound fighter and with Ward fighting in a few weeks and Canelo/GGG fighting in a few months it seems like Ward could possibly be good as far as the timing goes. It would be a fucking travesty to see someone as skilled as Jacobs go from a close fight with GGG back to some complete nonsense like those Sergio Mora fights.

hiphopnazi likes this.
  4. stuff jones Green Belt

stuff jones
    You sound like one of the people who laughed when people suggested GGG let Monroe touch him. Yet against dangerous punchers Lemiuex and Jacobs, GGG's defense was on point and he rarely got clipped. How do you explain that, Mr. Kell Brook is a big puncher?

5. JayE Purple Belt

JayE
    Do you genuinely think that Golovkin was taking it easy on Jacobs? You don't see why Stephen A Smith would bullshit for the sake of hype? Do you know who Stephen A Smith is?

6. stuff jones Green Belt

stuff jones
    SAS is a loud mouth annoying guy but has he ever been caught lying?

I think it's unlikely he was going easy on Jacobs. Maybe he did fight a little more cautiously not wanting to take a chance and give Canelo an excuse to not fight him (he's got Jacobs' problems).

SAS didn't say when GGG apparantly told him this.

I do think that GGG has fought more wrecklessly against guys who can't hurt him. I think when you watch the soundness of his defense vs Jacobs and Lemieux compared to lighter punchers that's obvious. Yet people mocked that idea.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. The Can Opener Purple Belt

The Can Opener
    I thought his defense against Jacobs was pretty half-assed. He got hit with way too many clean shots. Jacobs landed around 20 more power punches than GGG did over the course of the fight. The only reason GGG won was the knockdown and lots of clean jabs.

Against Lemieux it was a very different story. The Canadian landed only around 50 power punches and took more than twice that in return from GGG. Jacobs clocked GGG with nearly 150 power punches and took only 126 in return.

The two fights aren't very comparable. One was a clinic of defense and offense by GGG and the other was a bruising give and take match that really could have gone either way if not for an early knockdown. Taking a few punches on purpose to excite the crowd against a hopeless mandatory opponent doesn't really compare to taking 146 power shots against a crushing puncher and nearly losing out millions upon millions of dollars.

StickAndMove and ironfist05 like this.
  8. ironfist05 Silver Belt

ironfist05
    you're a delusional fanboy, that's how I explain it.

Brook is a pretty solid puncher at 147. He's not Tommy Hearns, but he's a decent puncher, most of his decisions are from early in his career.

9. stuff jones Green Belt

stuff jones
    You can't explain facts with bias. And I'm not a GGG fanboy. I trust my eyes and don't hold my dislike for a fighters fanbase against the fighter like so many GGG haters.

Wow Brook is a solid puncher at 147 - he must be a killer at 160!

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  10. stuff jones Green Belt

stuff jones
    I disagree. Jacobs never landed anything significant to GGGs head - GGG blocked most of them with his guard.

Jacobs landed a few good body shots, that's it.

11. The Can Opener Purple Belt

The Can Opener
    Never landed anything significant to GGG's head?

No offense but that is fucking ridiculous. That entire post is just flat out wrong. Jacobs landed 146 power punches.

Watch this video. Especially the last half. They even have it in slow motion to make it nice and clear. GGG took a decent amount of clean wrecking ball shots to the head throughout the entire fight. It's perfectly clear and utterly indisputable.

randomg1t, StickAndMove and Marc A like this.
  12. stuff jones Green Belt

stuff jones
    He never hurt GGG to the head. Most of his power shots were blocked. A highlight showing a few shots were not blocked does not refute the point that most were. The only time GGG looked at all hurt was to the body.

Marc A likes this.
  13. quincy k Blue Belt

quincy k
    whose to say that danny jacobs could not be every bit as good as jermain taylor. he has questioonable punch resistance unlike jt but their skillsets are fairly similar.

its difficult to criticize golovkin for not dominating jacobs when we really dont konw how good danny is or will be

14. Marc A 2017 is my year

Marc A
    [​IMG]

15. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

randomg1t
    is shown video of jacobs landing significant shots on GGG's head.

16. borntoloseNOT Green Belt

borntoloseNOT
    Haha, sorry, GGG got his ass kicked, and it wasn't because he was letting Jacobs look good, it's because Jacobs couldn't BE STOPPED from looking good that night.

GGG got lucky as fuck to walk away with that decision, but it's okay, Canelo will finish him off, then we get the real #1 and #2, Jacobs vs Canelo.

17. Someone88 Silver Belt

Someone88
    WOW! I'm so pumped for this fight, finally we get to see Canelo vs Golovkin!

Shoemaker and StickAndMove like this.
  18. ironfist05 Silver Belt

ironfist05
    no you can't. so why is your biased, delusional fanboy ass trying to make facts up? You have no facts to begin with. You're literally passing off ridiculous conspiracy theory off as facts. You're an idiot.

GGG isn't letting these guys look good, and he's not just letting them hit him. You're living in a fantasy world.

Shoemaker likes this.
  19. wilddeuces Purple Belt

wilddeuces
    What I see is Golovkin being patient until the knockout happens. The knockout didn't happen against Danny, but it's been theme of his fighting style regardless. He doesn't tire easily because he applies smart pressure, not this furious, energetic type.

"Going easy on guys" might be true for a few, or maybe he didn't feel threatened. Either way we get the GGG vs Canelo fight and I am a happy man.

20. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Cant really tell if youre a retard or a troll at this point.

The Can Opener likes this.