Can someone explain chicken and waffles to me?

I used to think bacon pancakes would be vile until I finally took the plunge. I now definitely believe that this is a viable combination.

Why would anyone doubt the greatness of pancakes and bacon? That was the only meal my dad ever cooked for us, just assumed everyone else had an awesome dad who couldnt cook shit all as well.

I think a more odd combo is pizza and brownies that dominos did. Not sure if they still do.

I’ve never had chicken and waffles, but I’d definitely try it.

That sounds gross.

I never understand meet and pancakes/waffles.. I hear Americans like bacon and pancakes. That makes my tummy turn.

You can even get Pancakes woth Bacon in them. Yum.

You must be one of those assholes who thinks beans on toast is a good breakfast.

I mean really, the fuck is so confusing?

There are dishes the world around that blend sweet/salty/savory.

Eat the food thats on the plate.

I really don't think the world gets Southern cuisine. Too bad, its their loss.

When you're high/drunk as shit at a diner at 3 AM it's really good. The diner I go to does it with chicken tenders instead of regular pieces of fried chicken and it works much better. I just pour the syrup all over everything and go to town. Obviously, this is a once in a blue moon dish but it works. Puts you in that food coma mode so you can crash when you get home.

This dish is becoming more common at gastropubs. Solid dish IMO.

It's good but it's fat people food.

I had them together as a dish for the first time and I was awful confused. Are you supposed to put the syrup on the chicken? Do you eat the waffles with your hands? Do you eat the chicken with a fork with the waffles at the same time? Do you eat the chicken and the waffles separately as a side? Do you eat the chicken then the waffles after as a dessert? This dish makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I like waffles and I like fried chicken but these two do not go together at all. Fried chicken is eaten with your hands. Waffles are not. It just makes no sense on any level

You know bro ... its kind of like a lucky Pierre, you either get it or you don't. Hard to explain.

This dish is becoming more common at gastropubs. Solid dish IMO.

OT- but I really dig a good gastropub. Though, it seems like only 1 out of every 5 places that call themselves that are actually gastropubs.

It's too much of a pain in the ass to eat and they don't really go that well together. I'm not really a fan of maple syrup either.

I have had vegan chicken with vegan waffles and that was kind of alright.

I assume it tastes better than the traditional version.

A dumb combo.

Agreed. It’s some weird southern bro/hillbilly shit.

I won’t say it’s the worst thing I’ve ever had, but it’s not for everyone. I think you have to grow up eating it to develop a proper palette for it. Diving in after you’ve already established norms for certain foods.. it just doesn’t work

Combining savory and sweet. I remember the first time having it at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Not my favorite combo to be honest. Better than people that serve cranberries and cranberry sauce on a nice piece of steak. Till this day I never get that combination....

There are a couple places in town that serve chicken and waffles, one place is really good, one place is awful. Probably not easy to get right.

I like chicken and i like waffles but i dont know if i ever combined them before

I had them together as a dish for the first time and I was awful confused. Are you supposed to put the syrup on the chicken? Do you eat the waffles with your hands? Do you eat the chicken with a fork with the waffles at the same time? Do you eat the chicken and the waffles separately as a side? Do you eat the chicken then the waffles after as a dessert? This dish makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I like waffles and I like fried chicken but these two do not go together at all. Fried chicken is eaten with your hands. Waffles are not. It just makes no sense on any level

lots of people rave over chicken and waffles, and i've had the, "proper" stuff from roscoes in socal. it's fine and good, but it isn't anything amazing. and for the insane amounts of calories that stuff has, it's just not worth it for me to eat, even every now and then. that's like a once a few months kind of thing haha.

I grew up 4 blocks from a Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, and have enjoyed my fair share.. It is really kind of "soul food" aka it's a black people thing. You wouldn't believe the line they get on Sunday after church lets out, easily an hour wait for a table.

Here's how you enjoy chicken and waffles:

-put gravy on the chicken (optional)
-get a side of Mac and cheese or cornbread
-put maple syrup on the waffles
-put Louisiana hot sauce on the chicken
-eat with a fork, combining bites of each (you can eat the chicken with your hands if you want)

It is a delicious breakfast/brunch and good for late night too.

Last edited:
It's delicious, 'nuff said
tumblr_o1flnlHD3D1r60r8vo1_400.gif

damn straight, mucka

Back