Can someone explain chicken and waffles to me?

That sounds gross.

I never understand meet and pancakes/waffles.. I hear Americans like bacon and pancakes. That makes my tummy turn.

That bacon and pancakes is amazing. Bacon can be sweet. Non American here.

I used to think bacon pancakes would be vile until I finally took the plunge. I now definitely believe that this is a viable combination.

This is blasphemy. You need to try them at the Breakfast klub here in Houston.

I've tried it a couple of times. It's the "you sound poor" of food orders.

Ok, you're on regarding the place in Houston.

I've tried it a couple of times. It's the "you sound poor" of food orders.

Ok, you're on regarding the place in Houston.

Much different. We aren't talking Roscoe's here

Be prepared to wait three hours and mortgage your home.

Lol. Not for me and prices are fair if you compare them to a nice brunch spot. You're a Houston dude?

Love to travel and eat.

Hit me via pm if you're ever in Houston. I'll hook you up there. We used to go there after every Rockets shootaround before it was popular. Same with Thelma's bbq spot. TMac and I used to live there lol. Shit got closed unfortunately (Thelmas). I miss getting told "get off your fucking phone. And the other one too".

Fried Chicken brings the fat and the salt.
Waffles provide good texture and syrup brings the sweet.
Umami experience!

I had them together as a dish for the first time and I was awful confused. Are you supposed to put the syrup on the chicken? Do you eat the waffles with your hands? Do you eat the chicken with a fork with the waffles at the same time? Do you eat the chicken and the waffles separately as a side? Do you eat the chicken then the waffles after as a dessert? This dish makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I like waffles and I like fried chicken but these two do not go together at all. Fried chicken is eaten with your hands. Waffles are not. It just makes no sense on any level
I'm not sure where you had it or how it was prepared, but it should be something like this.

Imagine a Chik-Fil-A sandwich. Take that chicken breast, place it on top of a buttered waffle. Pour maple syrup on top of the chicken. Fork and knife, pierce through both chicken and waffle with fork, cut bite sized pieces, consume.

:Lives in Atlanta:

I like waffles and I like fried chicken but these two do not go together at all. Fried chicken is eaten with your hands. Waffles are not. It just makes no sense on any level
Never had a Mexican combo plate?

Canadian here, had it a few times and it sucked. It's tricky to find on a menu.

However, recently found a spot that does it right and God damn is it ever good. Crispy chicken with some hot sauce on a legit waffle with some maple syrup is incredible .doesn't look good, doesn't sound good but done properly it is super delightful.

Don't give up if you've had a shit plate of it, the truth is out there!

Back