Can someone explain chicken and waffles to me?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I had them together as a dish for the first time and I was awful confused. Are you supposed to put the syrup on the chicken? Do you eat the waffles with your hands? Do you eat the chicken with a fork with the waffles at the same time? Do you eat the chicken and the waffles separately as a side? Do you eat the chicken then the waffles after as a dessert? This dish makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I like waffles and I like fried chicken but these two do not go together at all. Fried chicken is eaten with your hands. Waffles are not. It just makes no sense on any level

Last edited:
That sounds gross.

I never understand meet and pancakes/waffles.. I hear Americans like bacon and pancakes. That makes my tummy turn.

Pancakes with a bacon or sausage side, yes.

With chicken? That’s just strange.

Chicken and Waffles are fucking great together. Add some Honey and Hot sauce. I Love that shit.

Sounds you dont like mixing sweet and savory.

Different strokes for different folks. But it has to be done just right - not every restaurant that claims to be “soul food” will actually give you the good stuff.

How high are you right now ts? That's all i want to know...

One time in LA I tried going to Roscoes Chicken Waffles, and the wait was 30 minutes and I said fuck that, haven't tried eating there again.

It's okay but not as good as it sounds, imo. I'd rather have chicken fried chicken with a waffle on the side.

I had them together as a dish for the first time and I was awful confused. Are you supposed to put the syrup on the chicken? Do you eat the waffles with your hands? Do you eat the chicken with a fork with the waffles at the same time? Do you eat the chicken and the waffles separately as a side? Do you eat the chicken then the waffles after as a dessert? This dish makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I like waffles and I like fried chicken but these two do not go together at all. Fried chicken is eaten with your hands. Waffles are not. It just makes no sense on any level
You're confused because you're missing the key ingredient that ties it all together

GUEST_1a919c3c-bc6f-4f25-bba7-84d45532183a

My wife made this the other night and it’s fucking amazing. Basically you pour maple syrup (my families maple syrup, nothing but the best) on the waffles, cut a piece of chicken then eat that with a bite of waffle.

Merica

My wife made this the other night and it’s fucking amazing. Basically you pour maple syrup (my families maple syrup, nothing but the best) on the waffles, cut a piece of chicken then eat that with a bite of waffle.

<TheWire1>

I’ve had peanut butter and jelly burger before. From Slater’s 50/50.

648eb556d93e3c62bdc74be59ac72535.jpg

As for chicken and waffles, it’s good and it works. You get a bit sweet and salty. Kinda like pork chops and jam. You don’t think it will work but those contrasting flavors work together.

A snake would just tard out and swallow the whole dish at once, plate included. That's because snakes are inherently evil

Back