Calling it now: Jacare will beat Weidman if (when) they meet

I Like Jacare I think he can defeat Anderson as well when Anderson was undefeated in the UFC, but since they are friends or whatever that did not happen.

Although Weidman is stronger and has better Cardio than him.

Jacare has some heavy hands on the first round of his fight with rockhold he was bouncing his Rock's head on the fence with some GnP too bad he was not able to maintain that position.

KOing Silva and Munoz>KOing Brunson and Okami.

Jacare's a beast, but Weidman via domination.

I don't think Weidman would dominate, but I'd pick him to win.

I think it'd be pretty close on the feet, but I think Chris' wrestling is better and could take Jacare down and control him without getting subbed.

Weidman by either decision or TKO from ground and pound.

Maia was about the same size as weidman when they fought
Maia Pudgy???

Always cracks me up when people think tall = big.
I suppose you think Corey Hill was bigger than Brock Lesnar.:rolleyes:

Weidman is the most overrated fighter to ever set foot in the octagon.

Yes, Jacare would thrash him.

Beat Maia on 11 days notice.

Ragdolled and then KTFOed Munoz.

Won the first round against Anderson by taking him down in the first thirty seconds and hitting him with big shots, and then KTFOed him in the second (after dodging Anderson's punches).

Get out of here with that overrated shit.

Jacare sure as hell doesn't need to run away to welterweight division. No one's giving him trouble at middleweight at the moment. I also think he has a good shot against Weidman. Also, Jacare's big and very muscular. Maia was nowhere as lean and chiseled as Jacare.

I'm curious how Jacare would deal with Vitor Belfort.

I was rooting for Okami, but that was very, very impressive. A world class grappler, with that kind of great, explosive striking...

I think he could TKO Weidman, and give us a fantastic grappling match and come out on top. Officially on the warwagon.

It might not be too far be away. Weidman has his hands full with Silva and if he does defend, I can't see him getting past Vitor - In that case if he did meet Jacare it would be during his second run at the title down the line.

Last edited:
It might not be too far be away. Weidman has his hands full with Silva and if he does defend, I can't see him getting past Vitor - In that case if he did meet Jacare it would be during his second run at the title down the line.

You can't see him getting past Vitor? Have you seen any of Vitor's fights against great wrestlers?

Weidman wouldl take Belfort down at will, Vitor would gas by the end of round two and then Chris would submit him.

You can't see him getting past Vitor? Have you seen any of Vitor's fights against great wrestlers?

Weidman wouldl take Belfort down at will, Vitor would gas by the end of round two and then Chris would submit him.

We will learn a lot about Weidman in the rematch with Anderson. In the first fight, Anderson utilised next to zero footwork or defensive counter punching. Weidman has only been striking for a few years and has big holes in his striking game - despite knocking out Anderson (Which has more to do with circumstance).

Vitor is lethal and aggressive on the feet, but to date Weidman hasn't displayed a strong gas tank in any of his fights - He would have to deal with Vitor's striking for at least 2 rounds, and there is nothing (to date) to indicate that Weidman's tank will be better off come round 3 (Vitor in recent times has shown an improved gas tank versus Jones - A far superior wrestler to Weidman).

With Machida in the division it throws another spanner in the works as well.

All hypothetical of course - Beating Anderson again will be a monumental task alone.

lol @ these "Big holes" in Weidman's striking silva was unable to exploit, yet Silva fans know exist.

Keep in mind, none of these "Holes" are ever specified.

lol @ these "Big holes" in Weidman's striking silva was unable to exploit, yet Silva fans know exist.

Keep in mind, none of these "Holes" are ever specified.

The only fighter I specifically cheer for is Mark Hunt, being from New Zealand. Growing up heavily involved in sports one thing you will quickly learn is something called the 10,000 hour principle. It essentially means that anyone will require around 10 years to reach elite level in any one discipline. The reason Weidman is elite in MMA is due to his wrestling. Not his camp, or anyone with proficient knowledge in striking would delude themselves to think that Weidman is an elite level striker. He isn't.

Weidman will be a huge task for any fighter to defeat, but only if he sticks to his bread and butter. The first fight is no indication of how the second fight will go - That statement bodes well for both Weidman and Silva. Weidman will need to improve his gas tank and continually take Silva down to win - Silva will need to have complete focus, neutralise Weidman's wrestling and use his outstanding footwork and counter striking to put Weidman under pressure.

Came to make the exact same thread "Calling it now: If CW survives the rematch with AS, Jacare will take his title" :icon_chee

Okami's striking really isn't that good and he's been getting hurt/dropped a lot lately. I think people are getting a little too excited over this win. Jacare certainly isn't running through Weidman like that. And we need to remember the last time we saw Weidman in the cage he was coming off a long layoff and it was his 10th career fight. He's still improving dramatically with each fight. Jacare has been around since 2003. Weidman will already be a different fighter by the time he fights Anderson next, let alone Jacare at some random point down the road.

Yea you wish TS. Too many people just want to see Weidman lose, curiously all the chosen opponents are Brazilian. Vitor, Machida, Jacare, Silva. Weidman could potentially beat all of them.

But Jacare is actually one of the most dangerous guys in UFC. So i wouldn't be surprised if he did beat Weidman, but i need to see him fight another top 5 guy.

The only fighter I specifically cheer for is Mark Hunt, being from New Zealand. Growing up heavily involved in sports one thing you will quickly learn is something called the 10,000 hour principle. It essentially means that anyone will require around 10 years to reach elite level in any one discipline. The reason Weidman is elite in MMA is due to his wrestling. Not his camp, or anyone with proficient knowledge in striking would delude themselves to think that Weidman is an elite level striker. He isn't.

Pseudo-intellectualism at work here. Whats your opinion on BJ Penn mastering BJJ in a few years? Or GSP's wrestling, or Jones' striking? Some people are much better learners. Look at the actual skill (which Weidman has displayed enough in his short career) rather than theory

We will learn a lot about Weidman in the rematch with Anderson. In the first fight, Anderson utilised next to zero footwork or defensive counter punching. Weidman has only been striking for a few years and has big holes in his striking game - despite knocking out Anderson (Which has more to do with circumstance).

Vitor is lethal and aggressive on the feet, but to date Weidman hasn't displayed a strong gas tank in any of his fights - He would have to deal with Vitor's striking for at least 2 rounds, and there is nothing (to date) to indicate that Weidman's tank will be better off come round 3 (Vitor in recent times has shown an improved gas tank versus Jones - A far superior wrestler to Weidman).

With Machida in the division it throws another spanner in the works as well.

All hypothetical of course - Beating Anderson again will be a monumental task alone.

I don't know that you could call Jones a far superior wrestler to Weidman. Chris beat Davis and Bader in college, and absolutely manhandled Munoz in the first round. He took Anderson down in the first thirty seconds too.

Before Machida fought Davis I thought he would run through Weidman too. I think Chris is better everywhere than Davis though (yes, I know Lyoto got robbed but Davis was still a hard fight for him either way). I still think Machida is his biggest threat in the division though.

Weidman just knocked out cold the greatest mma fighter of the last ten years and people think Jacare stands a chance ... Lol. Never thought i would hear something as stupid.

I was rooting for Okami, but that was very, very impressive. A world class grappler, with that kind of great, explosive striking...

I think he could TKO Weidman, and give us a fantastic grappling match and come out on top. Officially on the warwagon.

He would lose the stand up vs Weidman, but I'm certain he could own him in the mat, good match up

Back