Calling it now: Jacare will beat Weidman if (when) they meet

Eh, I don't know. Weidman's a pretty damn good grappler with good striking, not to mention he's huge. Both of their gas tanks seem questionable, though.

I love Jacare but i really hope the radical change in muscle/striking power is a genetic trait he always had hidden but was just lazy or maybe felt it would hurt his conditioning in BJJ...his sudden advancement in boxing ability thou....that's 100% guaranteed a previously untapped resource that I guess he never fully focused on before

Oh sorry.... Weids gotta stop that Freddy Kruger like Spider again 1st..... But it would be a great (couple fights...has a trilogy vibe already, Chris just needs a animal nickname to make it perfect)....maybe the backward knee bird.... Crap who is the gators natural enemy?.... I'm an idiot his current nicknames perfect

It would have been more impressive if you made this prediction before the Okami fight.

so many idiots watching the fight finder, mousasi destroying jaca? fucking upkick save his ass... luke owning him? lmfao...close decision, in fact, most poeple think jaca won...

I'd favour Jacare over Anderson, but not Weidman.

I think the exact same thing. Jacare is a horrible matchup for Anderson. He is good enough standing to stay out of trouble or possibly even hurt him and, most importantly, he would be able to take Silva down fairly easily. From there he has a MAJOR advantage on the ground.

Weidman has nothing on Jacare.

IMO Weidman would get embarrassed.

Make it happen Joe Silva.

I was rooting for Okami, but that was very, very impressive. A world class grappler, with that kind of great, explosive striking...

I think he could TKO Weidman, and give us a fantastic grappling match and come out on top. Officially on the warwagon.

Lol, fucking bandwagoners!!!:icon_lol: where were you when he lost to Rockhold and went 3 rounds with Marunde?:icon_neut

Pseudo-intellectualism at work here. Whats your opinion on BJ Penn mastering BJJ in a few years? Or GSP's wrestling, or Jones' striking? Some people are much better learners. Look at the actual skill (which Weidman has displayed enough in his short career) rather than theory

Don't be one of those knobs who dismisses facts (It makes you sound like a moron). It's their base traits that they have developed over years that allow them compete in other areas of MMA - BJ Penn didn't master BJJ in a few years; He became a world champion in a competition that isn't globally competitive. Weidman's striking isn't world class - I don't think I need to defend this statement; Saying otherwise just makes you look the fool to anyone who has any idea.

weidman eats jacare for breakfast and so does silva. sonnen UDs him as well. bisping would decision him. and i may be missing some ithers that would beat or already have like mosassi. pretty sure kennedy, rockhold, amd vitor take him.

Haven't seen a "Calling it now" thread in a while. They used to be so common but it seems they've become rare in recent times, much like painite.

Back