Brendan Schaub calls BS on GSP’s excuses. Says he doesn’t want to fight Whittaker or Woodley - VIDEO

GSP said himself that his walk around weight is 184-185. That's his natural weight, before training, before weight cut.

Anderson Silva's walk around weight is probably 220 if not more.

GSP said himself that his walk around weight is 184-185. That's his natural weight, before training, before weight cut.

So imagine how small he is at MW.

So imagine how small he is at MW.

Then don't come to MW for a cherry picked title shot if you don't want to fight the best MW's and don't pretend they are 230lb's when they are in a division only 15lb's heavier.

Well Brendan Schaub's opinion is as relevant as Brendan Schaub fighting.

So still more relevant than any armchair warrior that posts at Sherdog?

The truth Is that It's excellent damage control on GSP and his teams part.

I'm not gonna hate him THAT much for It, he clearly has an amazing PR team.

He doesn't need to fight the killers of 185 at this stage of his career. Makes sense for him to take big fights / money fights..so yeah, I think It's bullshit..At the very least most people should question It, Instead of blindly accepting such a convenient excuse.

But yeah, not too much hate from me. He should be taking fights that make sense at 36

Whittaker would murk him, he'd likely retire afterwards. That doesn't need to happen, would much rather have GSP take a few fights he has a chance In . I'd watch GSP conor

This story / excuse Is just EXCELLENT damage control and It worked because most people believe It and he Is not taking anywhere near as much flack from the fans that he would've If he just straight up said he's not defending.

Genius really

I get your point.. but WME UFC era is already a mess with all the mayhem, badmouthing norm of selling rivalries and money fights.
They fucked up with fighters all the time, nothing wrong with someone actually taking advantage of their leverage.
Maybe I just like GSP and give him a pass
I see where you're coming from. Every fan has a fighter or two that they will defend no matter what. I'm no different. I honestly feel bad for Whittaker. This could have been a passing of torch moment between him and GSP. He's a young champion who happens to be a killer inside the cage, but also maintains his humbleness in the era of false rivalries and trash talk. Defeating GSP would have allowed him to unify the MW title the right way, while also giving him a well deserved profile boost.

Well Brendan Schaub's opinion is as relevant as Brendan Schaub fighting.

Exactly!

This is the guy who was telling Paulie that Conor hits harder than Zab and Paulie was saying no since he sparred/fought both while Brendan was still arguing with him while riding Conor at the same time.

So you're telling me GSP would gain 25 pounds in 24 hours for fight night when he was fighting at 170?

194 pounds? Are you insane??

GSP didn't even weigh that much when he was fighting Bisping.

Him and Silva, 5 pounds apart? HAHAHAHA.

Give me the name of your dealer. You're smoking some good shit.
What I said was true though. Are you denying Anderson weighed 183 after taking a dump, or he weighed 195 in cage at least for that one fight?

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...s-st-pierre-could-weigh-as-much-as-193-pounds

Firas: “He’s walking around at 194 (pounds). ...he’ll enter the ring at 192 or 193 pounds."

I call bullshit too, GSP took the only fight he had a chance at MW, always ducked Spider and now is ducking Whittaker, Fedor seems like the only man not afraid of fighting bigger men without chemical help. GOAT by elimination thus far.

b2821ea1fcfc1b1aa36162a19dccc299.png
Look how much fuckin body fat he carries?! He could have probably fought at 185. Just shows how bad ass he was.

Brenden schaub hating on a figther to get clicks on his crappy show? what a surprise

I agree with Schaub. GSP lied to his fans and to the public. Most of us rational people saw through GSP’s bullshit all along though.

Thoughts?

I call BS on anyone listening to souless Schaulb BS.

Also for all I care,Georges can still impregnate his GF take 9 months of pregnancy license,get a boxing match with GGG for another 5 months license,beat a Mma judge and a old man in a pub to be ALMOST in trouble to be doing something wrong.

WOW what a dick schaub is.. joking about faking cancer?? im sure EVERYONE at sherdog knows someone close to them who was affected by cancer, i dont think thats something to joke about at all.. Anyway, i wish rogan never talked him out of retiring so i could see francis knocking his head straight through the octagon floor!!!! FU Schaub!

his team also said he weighed the same against bisping that he did at welterweight. Which is odd since he looked bigger than he's ever been for any previous fight. More than a little skeptical of what comes out of that camp as what they say doesn't always add up. If I'm reading between the lines, It seems GSP has a great PR team and they are amazing at doing damage control.

They're able to fool most but not all.

If you find yourself agreeing with Schaub than you might be on the wrong side of the argument.

I see where you're coming from. Every fan has a fighter or two that they will defend no matter what. I'm no different. I honestly feel bad for Whittaker. This could have been a passing of torch moment between him and GSP. He's a young champion who happens to be a killer inside the cage, but also maintains his humbleness in the era of false rivalries and trash talk. Defeating GSP would have allowed him to unify the MW title the right way, while also giving him a well deserved profile boost.

100per cent true
Withtaker is a gentleman while an assasin in the cage
I love the guy, how he handled the whole GSP affair
And btw, he would smash GSP under 3 rds

I'm not even really mad, because we all knew GSP wasn't actually going to fight Whittaker (even though he pretended he would), and was just taking the one shot he had for an easy chance at the 185 fight. He wouldn't even fight Anderson when he was in his prime, you know he's going to be afraid to fight a 26 year old killer after a 4 year hiatus.

what i find bullshit is that GSP reckons he had the colitis during his lead up to the Bisping fight, but thats just not possible. I suffered colitis myself brought about by gallstones that kept passing into my colon. Its absolute agony and over 2 years my weight dropped 15kg. Eating any food causes pain, and for a few months all i could tolerate for meals was mash potato. Thats it.

For GSP to put on muscle and get bigger from WW to middleweight while struggling with colitis IMO is horse shit. I reckon he just knows that there is a fight card scheduled in Perth, Australia in February and he wants no part taking on Whittaker at that weight. He is scared shitless. So he will hold up the division to save face.

Back