Brendan Schaub calls BS on GSP’s excuses. Says he doesn’t want to fight Whittaker or Woodley - VIDEO

I call bullshit too, GSP took the only fight he had a chance at MW, always ducked Spider and now is ducking Whittaker, Fedor seems like the only man not afraid of fighting bigger men without chemical help. GOAT by elimination thus far.

b2821ea1fcfc1b1aa36162a19dccc299.png

Except that time when he lost to the smaller man Arona (in his 3rd professional fight) in Rings and was gifted a BS decision. That fight was WAY worse than GSP Hendricks by the way. Good try though.

Shaubs whole brand is doodoo brown
He should,team up with that cuck robin black

I watched with the sound off after the first minute and it looks like he is beating off two guys.

Schaub is right, only the staunchest GSP supporters are buying what he's selling.

i get it. i never bought it, though.
i think for one is GREAT someone stick it up dana white ass.
so hes super pissed off ?
how many fighters has he pissed off and on ?
fuck dana white

let gsp get some winnable money fights..he deserves it.

Schaub hangs off Conor's nuts and is all about McG having a chance in the Floyd fight and blah blah blah. GSP went to MW to fight Bisping and get a belt in a 2nd division. Nobody thought GSP could handle Bispings size and when he did it didn't matter because Bisping sucks and was never any good.

Schaub is a good analyst however he is also a media attention whore and says what will get him the most attention or advantage. Whether its more viewers or more access inside the business (UFC). If this is Schaub's real take is but all the Conor nuthuggery is real too how can anyone respect what Schaub says on anything?

GSP holds out to negotiate more money or a better contract = Dishonor
Conor being allowed by the UFC to box Floyd despite the UFC having an exclusive contract with him and then they still have to re-do a deal to hopefully get Conor to fight in the UFC again despite Conor giving his "Word" he will honor his contract = Good

Schaub says tomato, I say FUCK Schaub.

Did you even watch the dam video, he said the same thing about Conor. If you dont agreed with what he said, you sir are a Gsp nut hugger.

Well I think Brandon better watch his mouth or GSP will take a HW fig and kick the whit out of him, he's less of a threat than the count was

I call bullshit too, GSP took the only fight he had a chance at MW, always ducked Spider and now is ducking Whittaker, Fedor seems like the only man not afraid of fighting bigger men without chemical help. GOAT by elimination thus far.

b2821ea1fcfc1b1aa36162a19dccc299.png
How many times does it have to be said? Not wanting to fight someone who is in a higher weight class than you is not ducking, moron.

GSP cleared out the whole Welterwight division. Fought every single challenger possible. 9 freaking title defenses. When did he ever duck someone in his own weight class?

Why didn't Silva ever come down and fight at 170? That's right, he can't. Because GSP and Silva are 2 weight classes apart.

I'm just baffled at the level of stupidity everytime I see these posts about GSP ducking Silva. A 4-5 inches height advantage and at least 20-30 pound difference. So GSP doesn't want to make this fight, he's ducking? Cmon.

Some people will go to extraordinary lengths to descredit a champion.

Last edited:
How many times does it have to be said? Not fighting someone who is in a higher weight class than you is not ducking, moron.

GSP cleared out the whole Welterwight division, no question. Fought every single contender. 9 freaking title defenses. When did he ever duck someone in his weight class?

Why didn't Silva ever come down and fight at 170? That's right, he can't. Because GSP and Silva are 2 weight classes apart.

I'm just baffled at the level of stupidity everytime I see these posts about GSP ducking Silva. A 4-5 inches height advantage and at least 20-30 pound difference.
Silva fought at 168 lbs and offered himself to cut to 170, GSP continued evasive about the possibility.

i get it. i never bought it, though.
i think for one is GREAT someone stick it up dana white ass.
so hes super pissed off ?
how many fighters has he pissed off and on ?
fuck dana white

let gsp get some winnable money fights..he deserves it.
I'm cool with sticking it to Dana, but not at the expense of the MW title, Robert Whittaker, or the integrity of the sport. He wanted to be MW champion, nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to campaign for a shot at Bisping. He got the title shot, and choked out Bisping knowing damn well he was expected to face Whittaker in a unification bout. He deserves all the ridicule and scorn he's likely to receive.

Someone should tell Brendan that the whole mma fandom were extatic when Big Nog knocked him out.

Silva fought at 168 lbs and offered himself to cut to 170, GSP continued evasive about the possibility.

Lie. Its pretty damn well known here that Silva never offered to cut down to 170. He even refused a catchweight, demanding that GSP move up all the way to 185. Posting lies wont get u far in here.

Before Demian Maia fight Anderson was very vocal about wanting to drop to 170. Also after the Bonnar fight Anderson asked again to fight GSP after the Condit fight, but GSP choose Nick (who was coming of a loss and didn't deserved shit), so Spider had to fight Weidman, that's how it went, just go back and watch UFC 154 post fight conference, GSP is full evasive.

"I'd like to test myself and I always love to take on new challenges," Silva said of his thoughts about a drop to 170 pounds from the middleweight limit of 185. "It's not that I want to go fight Georges St. Pierre for his title. There's no doubt in my mind that he's the reigning champion, the absolute champion, in that weight category. But I just want to test myself and see how I'd do at that weight."

This is GSP excuse, about "doing it at the right time" and "i still have contenders at WW" (he didn't, he fought a Diaz who never deserved it)

This fight is the cherry on the sundae. He wants to fight me so he can then retire. I would like to fight him too, but after I fight him and win the fight, what happens next? These days, yeah, there's a lot of money to be made, but I don't fight for the money. My motivation is to be the best. Like we said, to be the Wayne Gretzky of my sport. So if I fight him, what happens next? It will be over. So yes, I want the fight, but I want to take it when I decide the time is right, not when he wants the fight to happen.

On top of that, he weighs 234 pounds; I weigh 188. So there's a big weight difference. I've fought guys who were bigger -- I'm not scared of him -- it's just that I will take this fight when it makes sense for me. I just came back from an injury, there's money to be made, there are fights in my weight class, other challenges out there, and if I fight him, I will have to gain weight, while he will have to lose weight, and then afterwards, I won't be able to come back to my weight class.

First and foremost, I have things to do at 170 pounds. When I am ready and when I want the fight, that's when it will happen.

Can't test for colitis? Good to know, Dr Schaub.

I'm cool with sticking it to Dana, but not at the expense of the MW title, Robert Whittaker, or the integrity of the sport. He wanted to be MW champion, nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to campaign for a shot at Bisping. He got the title shot, and choked out Bisping knowing damn well he was expected to face Whittaker in a unification bout. He deserves all the ridicule and scorn he's likely to receive.

I get your point.. but WME UFC era is already a mess with all the mayhem, badmouthing norm of selling rivalries and money fights.
They fucked up with fighters all the time, nothing wrong with someone actually taking advantage of their leverage.
Maybe I just like GSP and give him a pass

How many times does it have to be said? Not wanting to fight someone who is in a higher weight class than you is not ducking, moron.

GSP cleared out the whole Welterwight division. Fought every single challenger possible. 9 freaking title defenses. When did he ever duck someone in his own weight class?

I'm just baffled at the level of stupidity everytime I see these posts about GSP ducking Silva. A 4-5 inches height advantage and at least 20-30 pound difference. So GSP doesn't want to make this fight, he's ducking? Cmon.

Some people will go to extraordinary lengths to descredit a champion.
You are correct that one can’t duck someone outside their weight class. And yes, by the time GSP Anderson was discussed, Anderson could no longer make 168 even though he used to in his younger days.

But 20-30 pounds bigger? Come on man. GSP weighed 186-194 typically in cage for his WW fights. Against I think Leites, Anderson weighed in at 183 after taking a dump. I don’t know what he rehydrated to, but it couldn’t have been a lot or he wouldn’t have been so light. Against Maia, Soares claimed he weighed 195 in cage.

In terms of lean muscle mass, GSP and Anderson were maybe like 5 pounds apart. 10 pounds at absolute most.

GSP might well have had more actual muscle mass than Anderson, though Anderson’s skeletal weight was probably greater.

You are correct that one can’t duck someone outside their weight class. And yes, by the time GSP Anderson was discussed, Anderson could no longer make 168 even though he used to in his younger days.

But 20-30 pounds bigger? Come on man. GSP weighed 186-194 typically in cage for his WW fights. Against I think Leites, Anderson weighed in at 183 after taking a dump. I don’t know what he rehydrated to, but it couldn’t have been a lot or he wouldn’t have been so light. Against Maia, Soares claimed he weighed 195 in cage.

In terms of lean muscle mass, GSP and Anderson were maybe like 5 pounds apart. 10 pounds at absolute most.

GSP might well have had more actual muscle mass than Anderson, though Anderson’s skeletal weight was probably greater.
So you're telling me GSP would gain 25 pounds in 24 hours for fight night when he was fighting at 170?

194 pounds? Are you insane??

GSP didn't even weigh that much when he was fighting Bisping.

Him and Silva, 5 pounds apart? HAHAHAHA.

Give me the name of your dealer. You're smoking some good shit.

can anyone maybe think something along the lines of..... GSP said he would make a come back and kept his word. was given a stipulation in his contract which he agreed to. He won the fight despite not feeling the way he wanted to feel. He now is diagnosed with an illness which explains why he was getting sick. He freaks and in his mind now feels like he may not be able to perform at his best in a higher weight class since he wont be able to, in his own mind, be as bi or strong as he feels he needs in order to compete with the bigger guys. Therefor being human and everything he is going back and forth in his own mind trying to figure out what he should do and what might be best for him to do. Not to mention the fact everyone is on his ass about making up his mind, he isn't exactly being given the quiet time needed to make the best decision he can make. I mean common people wtf hes a human being and has a mind of his own and is doing what most of us might be doing if we were in his shoes. Oh but we know everything right. we know whats best for him to do. Its ridiculous. The ball will get rolling. It always does. Fights will continue to happen, all will be well everyone just needs to chill the fk out. o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back