Brendan Allen: Strickland knows that I'm the better fighter, and Dricus is the worlds luckiest guy

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Beaufort, South Carolina native has only suffered defeat twice inside the octagon, which started with the now-champion Sean Strickland in a 190-pound catchweight (Nov 2020).
In his nine fights since, Allen has made it clear he wants a rematch with “Tarzan” and feels that he's proved enough by now and it's getting close to a reality:

“I hope the UFC sees that and knows that I am the next big thing,” Allen said during a post-fight show on ESPN+. “I’ve been in there with Sean. I was a lot younger, I was a lot more immature mentally, and still I was winning that fight."
“I just made a bad audible, and I got caught. I’m happy he’s the champion. Congratulations to him. I think he’s a funny guy playing these antics, but all that aside, I know in my heart I’m better, and I think he does too."

Strickland’s title reign has given new life to their division, and first to challenge the outspoken American will be one of the fresher faces in South Africa’s Dricus du Plessis when the two meet at the UFC 297 headliner.
Du Plessis has been a perennial underdog on his path to No. 1 contender status. Against the champion, Allen doesn’t feel that should change:

“Dricus is the luckiest guy in the world, but I don’t think he beats Sean. I think Sean’s that guy, he starts slow and he comes on. Stylistically, I think Sean’s a little too much and a little too experienced for Dricus.
Dricus really just runs his mouth and then catches guys on bursts. But other than Whittaker, who has he beat the whole time in a fight?"
"He’s always losing and comes back. He can dig deep, he’s good at digging deep. Congrats to him, but I don’t personally think he beats Sean. He definitely doesn’t beat me though, so I don’t worry about it."

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/11...oes-too?ueid=90ba815ca2d6171a8028c912d75ab95d

Strickland should go for that Khamzat / PPV money grab... I just don't see him beating the top contenders at 185 (could be wrong, was wrong about the Izzy fight) and could be a short reign...

“I hope the UFC sees that and knows that I am the next big thing,” Allen said during a post-fight show on ESPN+. “I’ve been in there with Sean. I was a lot younger, I was a lot more immature mentally, and still I was winning that fight."
Bro you got TKO'd by a guy who's notorious for lack of finishing power. Take it easy now.

Still no love for Sean. What if he ends being the king of heap, and beats Allen and Driscus?

well, that wasn't very convincing. was that supposed to sound convincing

"But other than Whittaker, who has he beat the whole time in a fight?"

Well, looking at their winning streak, both on 6

Dricus has Perez, Trevin Giles, Tavares, Till, Brunson, Robert
Allen has Sam Alvey, Malkoun, Jotko, Muniz, Bruno Silva, Craig

I would say Dricus wins.

Brandon needs to get advice from his brother Arnold on how to carry himself with dignity and respect, also how to learn from an L, not downplay it.
Are you sure you aren't talking about Sean Strickland and his best buddy Christine Curtis?

Yup because no one in the history of combat sports has ever won a rematch ever, nope not ever not even one time! not according to fucking @Dorkman

What a fucking pleb.

28847be80fa51f784c440f243193702e.jpg

"But other than Whittaker, who has he beat the whole time in a fight?"

Well, looking at their winning streak, both on 6

Dricus has Perez, Trevin Giles, Tavares, Till, Brunson, Robert
Allen has Sam Alvey, Malkoun, Jotko, Muniz, Bruno Silva, Craig

I would say Dricus wins.

Strange thing for Allen to say considering Bruson is his training partner, and he himself lost to Giles (ages ago, but still...)

Still no love for Sean. What if he ends being the king of heap, and beats Allen and Driscus?
I think there is a lot of love for Sean...but beating Allen and Dricus would get him some respect he might be lacking as far as his fighting ability goes.

Back